Definite use for volt goat horn

(sorry for spelling defiant wrong) I saw the look of it, examined it and checked the lightning rod's materials for building:

BAM: lightning rod needs to be crafted not only by 2 golds and 1 cutstone (I think that's what it's made up of right now) but also from volt goat horn. Then there'll be one use of it and it's not that difficult to kill a volt goat. Plus I think volt goat should breed just like beefalos and protect each other. Baby volt goats: yes please!

Speaking of baby animals I think there should be baby hounds as well! Butbnot spiders, cause spiders themselves are already that because of the spider queen.

I guarantee you they already have a use in mind for the volt horns.  Probably a lightning rod hat or something.  Or maybe a lightning gun if we're lucky.  Lightning rod is fine as it is.  There's no need to make it so difficult to get the materials.

I guarantee you they already have a use in mind for the volt horns. Probably a lightning rod hat or something. Or maybe a lightning gun if we're lucky. Lightning rod is fine as it is. There's no need to make it so difficult to get the materials.

Goat horn is not difficult to get. It's hell a lot easier to get than trying to kill a beefalo and hoping to get beefalo wool which btw needs a lot of forthe clothing.

Right, but at least in my experience, they are very rare compared to gold and stone.  I wasn't trying to compare them to beefalo, which have nothing to do with lightning rods.  Maybe volt goats breed and will eventually be in huge swarms like beefalo, but I need lightning rods pretty much from the get-go, not day 200.

Ehh, if you craft something and break it with hammer then half of its stuff is given back. But the fact that you would only take one volt goat horn to craft a lightning rod means that it'll allways be given back to you after you've broke it with hammer. This means you can break and rebuild your lightnjng rod over and over again. I knkw this because of ice box: it requires 1 of 3 types of items and when broken it gives all of those items back. Does this sound simple to you? Sounds simple to me, plus you can allways put lightning to less or to nkne. I've experienced already 3 raining times while playing with DLC and I have not seen lightning coming, one of the raining times took a whole day and no lightning, thought I did put lightning to less but not none. Besides you can allways (almost) play as XW-87 to have advantage with lightning. And I think the admins will put it as a requirements to build anyway.

Goat horn is not difficult to get. It's hell a lot easier to get than trying to kill a beefalo and hoping to get beefalo wool which btw needs a lot of forthe clothing.

Beefalo always drop 3 wool. It's the horn that isn't guaranteed. 

I got it first try and there's a 33% of being spawned so if you have three or four goats near same space most likely to get at least one. I'd really like the horn to be used for lightning rod...

By the time I have a good sized base going I usually have about three lightning rods.  And that was before my structures were combustible via lightning!  Never mind the fact that I line all the roads with grass and saplings  and have to have a lightning rod every screen to protect them.  I need a heck of a lot more than 1 lightning rod.  Of course, I'm not sure how viable my road-lining strategy will be now that apparently everything randomly combusts in the summer (haven't reached it yet) so you now have to organize your base around flingers.  This expansion sure seems like it's going to screw over people who like to make awesome bases, unless they play without summer, or Klei comes in with some less micro-managy fire quenchers.

I got it first try and there's a 33% of being spawned so if you have three or four goats near same space most likely to get at least one. I'd really like the horn to be used for lightning rod...

Why do you care if it's for the lightning rod or not? It shouldn't be that big of a deal, I'd prefer the horn for a new items rather than old ones.

Guys do you remember when the lighting was first added and Kevin said he would like to add a tier 3 science machine that let you craft stuff like blunderbusses but it had to be powered my lighting? Maybe the volt goat horn is a more portable way of getting lighting to power stuff    

I've been playing  more than 60 days, In the four worlds. And haven't seen any goats. Although, maybe it's worldgen bug

You can find goats in the desert. On default they're 3 there if more or less I haven't checked, but I started game again and with goats set to more. They should breed thought, cause otherways no goats left if you kill all. In my last world I killed 2/3 sad :(

You can find goats in the desert. On default they're 3 there if more or less I haven't checked, but I started game again and with goats set to more. They should breed thought, cause otherways no goats left if you kill all. In my last world I killed 2/3 sad :(

I checked the files, the goats do have a mating season so they should regen like Beefalo. What's missing from the files, however, is the number of days between mating seasons as well as how long mating season lasts.

So that means according to the program they shouldbhave a mating seqson but doesn't happen because of program not being fully done?

@ XirmiX Correct.

They probably didn't have the graphics for baby goats finished yet, so intentionally kept them 'celibate' for now.

@brummbar7 Yep, you're right, just took a look at the files, they're incomplete. Maybe they wanted to get more feedback from people about the goats before implementing them fully?

(sorry for spelling defiant wrong) I saw the look of it, examined it and checked the lightning rod's materials for building:

BAM: lightning rod needs to be crafted not only by 2 golds and 1 cutstone (I think that's what it's made up of right now) but also from volt goat horn. Then there'll be one use of it and it's not that difficult to kill a volt goat. Plus I think volt goat should breed just like beefalos and protect each other. Baby volt goats: yes please!

Speaking of baby animals I think there should be baby hounds as well! Butbnot spiders, cause spiders themselves are already that because of the spider queen.

Although I don't agree with you at all with the lightning rod it would be nice to see kids and I am not entirely opposed to seeing pups either. They both seem like they would add to the natural side of the game, the lives of these organisms aren't as smooth and complete as I would like to see them. Although there is plenty of fun to be had delving into the supernatural workings of the island I love to RP as Wilson being a sort want to be naturalist and fitting how the ecosystems work and how things interact. More complete life cycles for ALL organisms would be greatly appreciated to this end.

Although I don't agree with you at all with the lightning rod it would be nice to see kids and I am not entirely opposed to seeing pups either. They both seem like they would add to the natural side of the game, the lives of these organisms aren't as smooth and complete as I would like to see them. Although there is plenty of fun to be had delving into the supernatural workings of the island I love to RP as Wilson being a sort want to be naturalist and fitting how the ecosystems work and how things interact. More complete life cycles for ALL organisms would be greatly appreciated to this end.

Uuugh. You saying that you are THAT natural just makes me wanna keep away from you... What did you mean when you said "I love to RP"? Is that something inappropriate?

Uuugh. You saying that you are THAT natural just makes me wanna keep away from you... What did you mean when you said "I love to RP"? Is that something inappropriate?

I just like to go at the game in the mindset of wilson being a want to be naturalist and trying to observe the biological happenings of the island. I don't see that being weird or inappropriate in any way. I also am not saying that I am natural, just that I am interested in biological and ecological happenings. 

I just like to go at the game in the mindset of wilson being a want to be naturalist and trying to observe the biological happenings of the island. I don't see that being weird or inappropriate in any way. I also am not saying that I am natural, just that I am interested in biological and ecological happenings. 

Oh, sorry I misunderstood. I myself like to explore the game, whatever it can give. Really keen to see the giants on the update of the DLC :)

Oh, sorry I misunderstood. I myself like to explore the game, whatever it can give. Really keen to see the giants on the update of the DLC :-)

I can't wait for the giants either. I hand bound a leather covered book that I am using to make Wilson's codex of the island and it's inhabitants, when I sketch the giants and take field notes on them I anticipate their figure spanning the entirety of the open book, can't wait.

Archived