When does the seasons start, how long does it last?

I'm confused, if its spring now, should i expect summer or is it gonna be winter? And whats the date and what preparations should i do? Even though i made flower umbrella, it doesn't help much with wet status :/

It goes Spring summer autum winter.

Summer and Winter are the extremes. In summer you overheat, in winter you freeze. Along with that, during spring you can get so wet you begin to freeze. The easiest month to start in is autum, as it can be compared to a non DLC summer.

I do not know how long they last, but I would estimate 15 or 20 days. You can tell when because the music will change.

To stop overheating, you need ice to keep yourself cool, which can be obtained from ice rocks. A chilled amulet works too.

To stop freezing, you do the same as in non DLC.

It goes Spring summer autum winter.

Summer and Winter are the extremes. In summer you overheat, in winter you freeze. Along with that, during spring you can get so wet you begin to freeze. The easiest month to start in is autum, as it can be compared to a non DLC summer.

I do not know how long they last, but I would estimate 15 or 20 days. You can tell when because the music will change.

To stop overheating, you need ice to keep yourself cool, which can be obtained from ice rocks. A chilled amulet works too.

To stop freezing, you do the same as in non DLC.

How about being wet?

The parasol looses durability so it is best to get an umbrella asap.

The parasol is also a sanity item..

For me it is Autumn. Then it went to Winter. I started freezing at day 10. But in my other save as Willow I haven't begun to freeze yet. So are seasons random now?

You start in a random season I think, I started in Spring but I heard of summer and autum starts as well,

For me it is Autumn. Then it went to Winter. I started freezing at day 10. But in my other save as Willow I haven't begun to freeze yet. So are seasons random now?

Yes if you look in the settings for world generation you can choose whichever season you want to start in and the default setting is "Spring or Autumn" since these are the less extreme seasons that don't need as much preparation.

I haven't played enough to test this out, but technically and historically speaking, a parasol is to protect you from the sun (para = to shield, sol = sun).  They were usually a woman's accessory, and were often lacy or made of paper, so no good in the rain.  Umbrellas on the other hand were for shedding rain.   Historically.   It may be possible that they've translated this to RoG, maybe not, point is it should not be surprising if they act differently sun vs rain.

I haven't played enough to test this out, but technically and historically speaking, a parasol is to protect you from the sun (para = to shield, sol = sun).  They were usually a woman's accessory, and were often lacy or made of paper, so no good in the rain.  Umbrellas on the other hand were for shedding rain.   Historically.   It may be possible that they've translated this to RoG, maybe not, point is it should not be surprising if they act differently sun vs rain.

I tried using a parasol to counter the rain but it seemed to have no effect.

When I made and examined a parasol, Wilson said something to the effect of it keeping his hair a little less damp. I don't recall if that's the same examine text as for the umbrella. When I wore both the parasol and the straw hat, it seemed to keep the wet mostly at bay.

As for season start and length, autumn lasted 20 days for me, same as if I had started a normal game on summer. Haven't yet made it through winter.

Be careful, when it rains/snows food in crockpots will degrade, meat will jerk slower, and you will lose sanity from having wet/snowy gear on. Also during Summer everything burns to my surprise :o

I thought that now food degrades in crockpots anyway. I need to test it more.

Archived