Ace's Doodles

Hi Ace, do you happen to have any pics of your Don't Starve group cosplay from Colossal Con? Please do share them with us if you get a chance!

Hey! Sure thing! Just had to wait for them to send the group shots to me. 

Here they are!

cosplay7_zpse9710eab.png

Helping out Wimpy Wolfgang! 

cosplay8_zps38c01c6e.png

Unfortunately we only got a few pics with our Wes! Here's one with Steampunk Wilson.

cosplay1_zps67082581.jpg

Woodie and Lady Wilson hanging out

cosplay9_zps14ffff07.jpg

BONUS:

Not starving at steak and shake

cosplay2_zps41cb593c.jpg

• Like 6

The amazing WIMPGANG!

Haha gotta love those shots, thanks for showing us them.

Hahaha it was fun! Glad you like them!

Thanks for sharing them with us Ace!

Yeah no problem! Wish we had some more/better pics but our photographer was....less enthusiastic than we were ahaha. 

WAHHH It's a Wilson!
Steampunk Wilson, to be exact.
It's a gift for a friend that RP's a kick-ass steampunk Wilson.
We just finished up a 50,000 word epic RP, so there might be some more illustrations from that coming...

delete_zps9c2850c2.png

and here's a WIP of Wiggy fighting an epic battle. I want to do a whole series of SHOWDOWNS with the giants when I get some time!

delete2_zps2200f229.jpg

• Like 2

Today's the anniversary of the Strange New Powers update, so it's sorta like Woodie's birthday!
(He was released in that update).
Happy Birthday Woodie!

birthdayboy_zpsb33f1e72.png

I tried the DS style....it's fun but oddly difficult, haha! How'd I do?

• Like 5

Very nice art you have!!

And looove your cosplay photos, I really like the willow skirt you had because of all the details in it, I think it's great to deviate a bit from the canon game art because that a unique flavor to each costume, keep up the good work!

Edited by cuberobot

Very nice art you have!!

And looove your cosplay photos, I really like the willow skirt you had because of all the details in it, I think it's great to deviate a bit from the canon game art because that a unique flavor to each costume, keep up the good work!

Thanks so much!! 

Yeah, I think the character art leaves a bit open to interpretation when translating it to a real-life scenario! I thought something a little patchy would work too, because you know they have to repair their clothes sometimes living in the woods! 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

Hey, uh, question to anyone around! 
I've learned a lot about drawing in the past year, and I've always wanted to try my hand at short comics. I was thinking of spending the next month or two making one, and I was thinking of making it about what I think Woodie's backstory is! 
Would anyone be interested in that? I think it'd be easy enough for me because I draw him a lot.
Anyway, it'd be cool to see if there's interest because I'm not sure who'd care I guess :? 

Hey, uh, question to anyone around! 

I've learned a lot about drawing in the past year, and I've always wanted to try my hand at short comics. I was thinking of spending the next month or two making one, and I was thinking of making it about what I think Woodie's backstory is! 

Would anyone be interested in that? I think it'd be easy enough for me because I draw him a lot.

Anyway, it'd be cool to see if there's interest because I'm not sure who'd care I guess :???:

I say go for it!! I know how important is people's interest in one stuff for having more motivation to keep making said stuff but starting is the most important step (don't be like me, never starting thing and then forgetting about it) even if you don't finish it, you always learn new things :)

• Like 1

Ace if you don't make a comic I will personally come assault you with a bird.  Maybe two birds.

........and a log.

Oh my god WHERE DID YOU COME FROM hahahaha Yes, I will do the thing hold off the assault for now. XD

I say go for it!! I know how important is people's interest in one stuff for having more motivation to keep making said stuff but starting is the most important step (don't be like me, never starting thing and then forgetting about it) even if you don't finish it, you always learn new things :-)

Yeah, that's true, I need to just go ahead and do it. I've learned so much this past year doing mostly fanart, so I want to continue. Thanks!! 

• Like 1

quick doodle of hipster au.

Woodie’s one of those borderline, might-be-just-a-redneck hipsters who makes projects out of wood in the garage he inherited from his uncle.
 He brews his own beer too but he’s always drinking cheap molson or something at parties ironically….also he’s kind of broke.

Wolfgang works on motorcycles, sometimes is a huge fan of old circus antiques, memorabilia, etc. Hence his sleeve.
Also his moustache isn't ironic at all it’s in all seriousness.

Also Woodie does that thing where you bite the bottle cap off with your teeth even if there's openers nearby to be cool. 

hipsters_zpsb808e1f8.png

ok sorry I'm going to start on that comic now XD 

• Like 2

........what ever happened to poor Maxwell hes so unipreciated on this thread :(

also I love the old cat lady one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!! I want to draw more of her, definitely.

As for Maxwell, I don't draw a lot of him because he already gets tons of attention, but maybe I should try, hmm?