Terraria Or Don't Starve?

Cookiez

To be honest, I really don't know which game is better. Sure,we're on the forums of Don't Starve,But that only explains a little part of this tread. Don't starve and Terraria shows same,Yet different game play.  Both games are based on Survival. Each game have very different weapons. They share very little tools that are the same. Terraria is a mix of many games, Such as Minecraft. Don't Starve seems like it's based off of Minecraft,but really isn't. Don't Starve haves many monsters to fight,kill,and collect. Though,it doesnt update anymore. So,which game is better?

They're both pretty cheap, I wonder if you really can't afford both - perhaps this is a question of when. Terraria is nice and all, especially with friends, but the devs stopped updating it and it's kinda being overshadowed by Starbound. Perhaps if you know a friend or two, get Terraria/Starbound for now and play around with it until you get Don't Starve. If you have yet to make friends, play Don't Starve and immerse in the familiar isolation, as well as better survival mechanics.

Personally, Terraria is alright. Starbound I haven't played but seems disappointing since the devs were trying to accomplish too much with not enough of a means. Don't Starve maintains a unique atmosphere by forcing single-player on an island where you're gonna die and learn a lot.

And please, remember that Minecraft isn't really "survival," it's "really freaking easy survival and fake threats as an additional annoyance to your creative building." Both of the games you're considering are comparably more difficult, but on their own are also quite easy.

I don't particularly like Terraria. It's graphics are jarring to me, and the gameplay isn't as smooth as I'd like. Starbound has impressed me so far. Don't Starve was great fun, and it was definitely worth the money. It really depends on whether or not you'd prefer to play a rogue-ish game or an RPG-ish game.

Id say Don't starve is better since terraria is a very linear game with little to do at the end except spam summon those same bosses over and over.

whereas in Don't starve its almost always got something to do and its non-linear as you can progress however you wish prioritising what you want to do.

I bought Terraria and Don't Starve at the same time (nabbed them both while they were on sale), and I've been playing them both. I've logged about 5 times the amount of time into DS compared to Terraria within a couple of days of buying them. I enjoy both, but I've been enjoying DS much more. Why?

I put it down to atmosphere. Survival horror in the manner that Don't Starve capitalizes on hooks me every time, whereas Terraria fails to capture my imagination. I end up feeling a bit more connected to the characters one can play in DS, whereas I simply shrug my shoulders if I die in Terraria and think "Oh, okay, I'll give it another go." I feel a bit pidgeonholed at times in Terraria during gameplay, but I feel a bit more free in DS. Terraria has the advantage of multiplayer...but I rarely, if ever, play anything that uses multiplayer, so I suspect I'm missing out on the true gem that game has to offer, as it seems it would be more fun in a group.

Id say Don't starve is better since terraria is a very linear game with little to do at the end except spam summon those same bosses over and over.

whereas in Don't starve its almost always got something to do and its non-linear as you can progress however you wish prioritising what you want to do.

Er, I'd say that Terraria has a lot more content in the late game than Don't Starve. Having said that, I have logged significantly more time into Don't Starve than Terraria. Even though the latter has a lot more time consuming activities. I think that says a lot about which game I prefer.

Which one is objectively 'better' is much more difficult for me to give an opinion on, considering they really are completely different games.

I have great feelings for both games. However,they have "Pros and Cons". For an example, Don't Starve captures the feeling of adventure,But sometimes,It gets a bit...Ya know. As for Terraria, It's a world filled with magical ores and weird weapons. However, Terraria forces you to spam sommon the same bosses. Over and Over and Over..

Archived