What's your favorite class(es) in Team Fortress 2

Rosten

My favs are Heavy, Soldier and Demoman

I enjoy heavy alot because if you know what weapons to use you can eather be a one man wrecking crew or the most survivable char out there (Sandvich FTW)

Soldier is a pretty powerfull class if you know how to proper rocketjump to jump across the battlefield and ambush snipers or other classes

Demoman is awesome because of his double edged playstile you can eather play the indirect attacker with stickybombs and grenades and be the bane of engineers and scouts or you can be a bruiser as a demoknight and behead people left and right

I rarely play but when I do its Demoman.

I'm not a dumbo demo who just offensive sticky bombs people either, I use them for traps and problematic sentry nests only. (by problematic I mean difficult to destroy due to an attentive engi, a few stickies tends to overwhelm them with tasks to do)

Once I set up a trap in the enemy base, grabbed the "flag" and ran past the trap set it off and killed both my pursuers, that was fun

I have a decent eye for trajectories which helps also I have a large hatred for scouts so its satisfying to pop a pipe bomb in their face.

*cough* Ambassador A.k.A - The ranged backstab *cough*

Orrr.... i would say that, except im generally running around with the le' tranger because it makes sneaking around so much easier, 

More cloak duration? yes please!

15%+ Cloak on hit? escaping made a breeze!

except with you damn pyros *mumble grumble*

Here i thought people would get that I would have a dispenser nearby. The only thing that would kill me is a Demoman.

Here i thought people would get that I would have a dispenser nearby. The only thing that would kill me is a Demoman.

Overwhelming a one-person sentry nest is a pretty easy task, teleport in, sap the buildings, if the engi attacks, quickly backstab him then finish your buisness, if he doesn't then, while he's taking your sappers off his buildings backstab him then finish your buisness.

Overwhelming a one-person sentry nest is a pretty easy task, teleport in, sap the buildings, if the engi attacks, quickly backstab him then finish your buisness, if he doesn't then, while he's taking your sappers off his buildings backstab him then finish your buisness.

I can confirm that he can do this impressively well, even against a nest of two Engies. Damn my personal showdowns with RED team's Pyro, I was too busy having Mexican Standoffs to save them.

What part of "back against the wall" don't you understand?

How to conquer an Engineer as the French Rogue: Request the Texan Craftsman to construct a dispenser repeatedly, then continue this untill he meets his demise by explosive contraptions or an aneurism.

Every class has it's appeal, except the Bostonian Runner who is an utter annoyance in most cases ("meatshot 8) ")

Given my laptop's poor performance with TF2, I tend to shy away from the classes that rely on precision. I usually switch between playing medic, soldier, demoman, and pyro. I'm probably the most useful as medic, but I think my favorite is pyro. I like the personality, setting things on fire is fun, and airblast is very versatile. Kills with reflected projectiles are some of the most satisfying in the game, and pushing enemies into your sentry's field of view is just fun.

Really? Dammit. Must be some latest patch. Back when I played we had to face the guy to shoot them.

Actually the Spy's """"backstab"""" range is pretty wide so half the time the Spy will be beside you and it'll count it as a backstab. AKA the dreaded Sidestab, or if lag is a partner, Facestab. 

It's like the Hitboxes on the LucksHuntsman. 

I've played all classes (all around 100 hours) just to get a feel for them, then focused on spy. Playing in Highlander at the moment.

It's the only class which gives me incentive to keep playing. All the others are just...too simple. And simple may be good, because a kill is a kill. Heck, spy can be kind of obsolete in certain situations, such as when the other team outplays yours by a huge margin and are totally idle and aware while your team struggles to get out of spawn. That's my favorite and least favorite part about playing him - teammates.

The spy is hard to play. Engineer's constructs get killed by spy. Scout's weak, Heavy's generic, Soldier ends up killing himself and is inaccurate, Sniper is poop, and then Pyro burns stuff and launches flares at people and hacks them up and firefirefirefirefirefirefirefireifirifierfeifrfiefirefierifrirfierifreifreifireifieirfierifierfierfierfiiriffirefire

Honestly, I'm not the most experienced, i've only got around 50 hours in the game, but generally, the only classes i play are the Spy, Engineer, Medic, and sometimes, very rarely sniper or demoman, for some reason i just cannot stand the other classes long enough to play a full round with them, the scout doesn't really fit my playstyle, Heavy is just to slow for me, i can't rocket jump to save my life for the soldier, and the pyro's not to bad, i just don't play as him much though, but if you looked at my hours for each class, the spy would be 1st at around 10x the amount of the second place XD

The thing about the spy is his varied arsenal, there is almost no situation in which he is obsolete, he can sneak around huge maps with the le' tranger, camp in a popular area with the cloak and dagger, be a pseudo-sniper with the ambassador, or even be a complete engi destroyer with the diamond back and the dead ringer (for blocking engis trying to get back to their sentries while you sap them, then killing them with the diamond backs criticals) granted, areas with particularly tight areas are horrible for spy, he's very useful in most situations, plus what cynical said, the other classes are to simple, you play the soldier for 2 hours? you've probably mastered everything you can do with him, which is to say, rocket jumping and shooting people with rockets, the pyro is a bit more complicated, with the airblasts and spychecking duties, but the spy has, to quote myself, "More tricks then there are F2P snipers on 2fort"

Archived