Hu, that's interesting.

It's not just this thread, I chose to mention it in here cos I'm also a bit of a troublemaker and hey, while the zombie's hot...
No it's the posting on each and every active thread with systematically the excess of carriage returns, emoticons, exclamations, and spelling etc... I dunno it all adds up too nicely and subtly in my taste.

I've seen my fair share of trolls, and I call troll. :)
But please, don't mind me.

It's not just this thread, I chose to mention it in here cos I'm also a bit of a troublemaker and hey, while the zombie's hot...

No it's the posting on each and every active thread with systematically the excess of carriage returns, emoticons, exclamations, and spelling etc... I dunno it all adds up too nicely and subtly in my taste.

I've seen my fair share of trolls, and I call troll. :-)

But please, don't mind me.

This thread ain't necored at all, a necroed thread has to be at least two weeks old since the last post to be considered dead.

This thread ain't necored at all, a necroed thread has to be at least two weeks old since the last post to be considered dead.

Yes you're right, sorry I got confused.

He did post in a thread which had been necroed earlier, but that was not by him of course.

No, I just thought it'd be sneaky-ish to mention the troll thing, out of all the 10 or so threads he just posted in, in this one, even though you had just said:

I think this thread has lived enough.

and I could've posted in any other one of those threads instead.

Anyway, my opinion on topic would be very much aligned with Lord_Battal's in the very second post of the thread.

EDIT: Actually, I would add that even though Resident Evil is definitely considered a survival horror if not the series that really generalized the term, it's never actually been that terrifying, has it? Even Silent Hill, it's mostly disturbing. Spine-chilling and all, but how much horror would it need to be. It's just about the fear of dying and feeling helpless. Just like in Resident Evil.

I know my spine got chilled pretty bad when I saw my first Deerclops. But it was kind of the same in my first encounter with Nemesis in RE3. Of course, I quickly learned how to fight him like a boss, just like Deerclops. So it's intense, for sure, and I must say, now that they've stopped adding stuff, I'm afraid we won't have many more challenges left, sadly... But that's for another topic.

i just came here to enjoy the game!!!!  i am new here tonight and i talk to many posts! you have been here to have time to say what you want alrady but i am jsut here now

please why are you this way?

:indecisiveness:

Please don't mind me.

If you're not a troll then I'm mistaken (wrong) and in that case you don't have anything to be offended about.

Consider me Grumpy old Grandpa, and enjoy the game and these friendly forums!

Welcome to DS forums BTW jlewjlew! Apologies if your newishness was misinterpreted as Trollish. There's a certain...post cadence people here follow, and after a while, deliberately choose to ignore at times for the sake of humor.

It is as complex a balancing act as the forum guidelines and community allowance suggest....

Now as for the Topic on this thread, does anybody think that this game has influenced any other newer (released or in development) games in that "Horror-Survival" field? 

Welcome to DS forums BTW jlewjlew! Apologies if your newishness was misinterpreted as Trollish. There's a certain...post cadence people here follow, and after a while, deliberately choose to ignore at times for the sake of humor.

It is as complex a balancing act as the forum guidelines and community allowance suggest....

Now as for the Topic on this thread, does anybody think that this game has influenced any other newer (released or in development) games in that "Horror-Survival" field? 

I doubt, Don't Starve is hardly older than a year old and isn't that popular as other indie games.

actually, i think this game seems like it holds some of Dont Starve's charms:

Among The Sleep

"A first-person horror game played from the perspective of a two-year-old child. Players will confront creatures and environments that straddle the line between real and surreal."

Among_the_Sleep_cover_artwork.jpg

and my friend was talking about this game yesterday:

it looks like a realistic Minecraft/Dont Starve!!!!

"the forest"

actually, i think this game seems like it holds some of Dont Starve's charms:

Among The Sleep

"A first-person horror game played from the perspective of a two-year-old child. Players will confront creatures and environments that straddle the line between real and surreal."

Among_the_Sleep_cover_artwork.jpg

and my friend was talking about this game yesterday:

it looks like a realistic Minecraft/Dont Starve!!!!

"the forest"

Those beings Ain't Pigmen...hmm, interesting though...

Can I please be the first to call troll on this guy? 

So how bout now?

I'm really only trying to look out for my community guys, when I tell you I can spot one, I can spot one. This guy's only here to create drama. I was gonna post this in one of those other two threads but they both got locked...obviously.

@jlewjlew, you don't get a welcome here from me. You're a troll, and an obvious one at that.

Please guys, stop feeding him.

He has it all, the weird grammar, punctuation and formatting in his posts. He tries to subtly pin that on his supposed lack of skills in english, but those are totally inconsistent from thread to thread > obvious.

He does that on purpose because he knows it makes reading his posts that much more unpleasant.

Another thing bad trolls do is act all offended like we're the ones picking on him.

No, naive, foreign, or just young, it's all fine.

But you sir, you are a troll.

I would love to call it a horror game because it has a few moments, but not enough to call it horror. It kinda seems to be lacking now on the "everything is scary and is trying to kill you" thing, which mostly seems to apply to worms, because they are the only thing that really are scary...a little. Creepy things added to don't starve has been the grue, insanity, active ruins, and bunnymen. Think about it. I would love this game if it was creepier than right now. 

Archived