Here's an idea for something to add to the list of crops. Something simple.

POTATO.

"Is Potato." -Wolfgang

It is a crop food that can be found near where the Metal Potato Thing is, or as an uncommon spawn underground. The only farm food that doesn't need to be fed to a bird to be planted on a farm plot. Harvesting a grown potato crop yields 1-3 potatoes.

Potato:

Hunger: 20

Health: 10

Baked Potato:

Hunger: 50

Health: 30

Sanity: 5

And why not a new crockpot item?

French Fries

Hunger: 75

Health: 50

Sanity: 20

Poisoned Potato: I know what you're thinking. LOL MINECRAFT RIPOFF. Well, it's based off of something IRL. And Maxwell's a douchewagon, so there you go. Harvesting a potato crop may also yield poison potatoes sometime. Want usefulness? It'll kill a gobbler.

10 Hunger

-30 Health

-40 Sanity

Quotes:

Potato:

Wilson: It doesn't actually have eyes.

Willow: A darling little spud.

Wolfgang: Is potato.

Wendy: The nightshade surrenders it's bounty.

WX-78: ANOTHER POTENTIAL FOOD SOURCE.

Wickerbottom: A weighty example of a Solanum Tuberosum. Russet, i'd wager.

Woodie: Some tater tots would sound good right 'bout now, eh?

Maxwell: So uncultured.

Baked Potato:

Wilson: At least it's not dirty anymore.

Willow: Yet another wonderful thing fire makes.

Wolfgang: Is better potato!

Wendy: A baked nightshade.

WX-78: IT HAS BEEN MODIFIED.

Wickerbottom: A baked Solanum Tuberosum. With a dollop of sour cream.

Woodie: Smells as good as anything Lucy would've cooked up for me.

Maxwell: It's an improvement, all things considered.

Poisonous Potato:

Wilson: Guh, this one looks sickly.

Willow: Ew. I don't know about this little guy.

Wolfgang: Is worse potato.

Wendy: A nightshade full of disease and hate.

WX-78: IT'S DATA IS CORRUPTED.

Wickerbottom: A Solanum Tuberosum. It appears to be afflicted with too much solanine.

Woodie: I don't think I should eat that, eh.

Maxwell: Marvelous. Now what?

French Fries:

Wilson: Salty and crispy!

Willow: Spuds and fire, the greatest combination!

Wolfgang: Is food that comes fast.

Wendy: It reminds me of a better time.

WX-78: IT HAS BEEN MODIFIED FURTHER.

Wickerbottom: I usually don't eat things so unhealthy. But, desperate times, I suppose.

Woodie: Eh, close enough.

Maxwell: Now, this is more like it.

French Fries recipe is same as kabobs. Except instead of small meats not going over 2, it's 3 potatoes and 1 twigs.

EDIT: Potato spoil time is 2 weeks. Baked Potato spoil time is 3 days. French Fries spoil time is 2 days.

Because crockpot logic.

It does have at least some logic, if you consider the fact that;

There are spiders the size of grown men.

There are colored rocks that, when put on a stick, have magical powers.

There are frogs with a mouth on their head.

There are walruses that somehow learned to walk and hunt lesser animals.

The only way to get off of the island is to make a contraption out of random objects you find, that you have no idea where it will take you, etc. I mean, you couldn't just make a boat or an airplane, because you are a scientist.

I could go on, but I don't want to.

Why do the French fries give less hunger than a baked potato? The baked potato seems to give way too much hunger considering how easy it is to cook an item, I mean that's 75 hunger per potao. Also if you used 3 potatos (90 hunger) in a crock pot recipe why do you get the hunger equivalent to one and a half potatoes (45 hunger) when you go to eat it? Same with the health, eating 3 potatoes would give you 60 health and 1 thing of french fries would give you 50 health. I mean the sanity is nice but you're missing out on 45 hunger and 10 health and besides, wouldn't French fries have more calories then 3 potatoes? And one more thing, why is a stick in the crock pot recipe? Maybe berries or something for the ketchup but why sticks? Sorry if this sounded like hating but I honestly do like this idea and would love to see it implemented but I just needs some polishing up on the numbers.

Why do the French fries give less hunger than a baked potato? The baked potato seems to give way too much hunger considering how easy it is to cook an item, I mean that's 75 hunger per potao. Also if you used 3 potatos (90 hunger) in a crock pot recipe why do you get the hunger equivalent to one and a half potatoes (45 hunger) when you go to eat it? Same with the health, eating 3 potatoes would give you 60 health and 1 thing of french fries would give you 50 health. I mean the sanity is nice but you're missing out on 45 hunger and 10 health and besides, wouldn't French fries have more calories then 3 potatoes? And one more thing, why is a stick in the crock pot recipe? Maybe berries or something for the ketchup but why sticks? Sorry if this sounded like hating but I honestly do like this idea and would love to see it implemented but I just needs some polishing up on the numbers.

In this order:

1. I'll fix that.

2. It's quite rare, and you can't feed it to a bird for seeds.

3. I'll fix it.

4. Why sticks? Because crockpot logic. Same reason why you need fish and sticks to make fishsticks. Not to mention, no other food item would make sense in the crockpot at that rate.

Archived