The Violent Melting Pot (23rd's Roleplay)

23rd

Claudius looks the strange beast up and down, holding his blade tightly. He clenches his teeth. "Thou did not answer my question. My blade needn't be bloodied at a time like this, so allow me to repeat myself. Who goes there?" Not knowing whether or not the steed could speak, Claudius focuses on the man that was riding it. "Claudius, first guard of King David, at your service. And know that I shall not refrain from injuring you."

Not letting go of the tight grip on his sword, Claudius watches as the steed lets out a group of odd chirps, as if from that of a bird. And then, it seems to scratch it's head with... With a leaf. A leaf of all things? Could the steed be made up of plants? Claudius had never heard of such a thing. Steeds were not made of plants. They were made of flesh and bones. Claudius wanted to prod the bird to see if it was really made of leaves, but that would alert the... Visitors. Even though they may have ignored Claudius's question, he saw them as potential allies. They seemed interesting enough.

(Anyway I wanted to ask you guys for a favor. I have limited time so I am going to make this short. 

I have lots of character Ideas in my head and I wanted to ask the players what-or who- the want to play with. I would like you to vote on which character you like the most. 

1.Willie: A miner with a dark side.

2. Teo: A man who claims to be the greatest trapper in the world. Has a hound named Pup. 

3. The Tinker: A servant to Maxwell. He fixes and creates the clockworks, but does not approve of Maxwell's actions.

4. Stranger: A creature who roams the world looking for those who violate his beautiful world. bears a resemblance to the ancient god pan.

Once everybody has voted I will get started on a character.)

to vote quote this post and say who you vote for.

Edited by Gaberrrrr

(Gaah! Seems like the Klei forums were down for a while. Let mew make my entrance finally....)

The "heated discussion" was suddenly overshadowed by a very strange noise. 

If ever one was conscious when they arrived (which they are never,) they would have heard a sound between a "poof" and a "pop" designating their arrival to the New World. This is what the others heard. 

Any who were to go and investigate the sound would then hear a second "pop" and see the Dapper Demon looking down at an unconscious dark-skinned male, tapping his pipe, saying what her always does just before he disappears (and before the "new arrival" regains consciousness,) 

"Say pal, you don't look so good. You better find something to eat before night comes!"

Almost looking in the direction of the others, it is difficult to say if the smirk was a little more mocking on his face just before there was a puff of smoke, and Maxwell disappears, leaving only the newest arrival.

Upon closer inspection, he (it appears to be a male, but the hair is medium, straight, and black,  and the face thin, but perhaps it is a woman,) is wearing a thin "winter coat" (almost threadbare,) under it is an alternating orange and black-striped uniform with the number "83614" on the pocket, with a matching patterned round "pillbox" hat beside him on the grasses  

The physique that is now visible appears very thin, almost gaunt, and the face looks like it may belong to somebody in their 40's to 50's, but almost no lines or wrinkles are on the face. The skin also appears thick, noticeably calloused on the hands. 

It looks like the person is about to wake in any moment....

(Just a disclaimer - I do not support or even begin to agree with racism, but mild racist remarks might occur in this post. Again, I despise racism, and Lizzy here will quickly lose these tendencies, but it's only natural that a 19th century English upper class woman thinks or speaks like this. I'll keep it very light.)

A squeak, a snap then a wet ripping noise. Elizabeth picked apart the corpse of the rabbit with vigour, blood dribbling down her chin and entrails devoured quickly and reluctantly. As all that remained ten minutes later was a soft but ragged hide, and pink bones. As per usual, Elizabeth kept the remains on her for a while as she paced her usual route around the barren grasslands and then drew her arm back to throw the corpse away from the rabbit holes.

There had to be something other than rabbits to eat.

Elizabeth reached the third landmark, a larger and torn tree stump into which the number 3 was gouged into the rotting wood. She stopped for a breather and looked to the sky hopelessly. She knew He was watching. She knew They were watching. But what was she supposed to do now? She could barely make it to the golden plains of the Savannah, let alone do His bidding, without a proper meal. Stagnant pond water and morsels of rabbit meat weren't doing enough for her.

A flush of irritation coloured her pale cheeks at the thought of being so helpless, so she bowed her head, the white curtain of hair tumbling down over her face, and prayed to Him. She hoped He would be more merciful than Them.

Nearly two hours passed by with not a single sign from Him, but Elizabeth didn't mind. He can wait as long as He liked. It didn't bother her much. But when she turned a corner and slipped through a long shadow, she arrived upon the body of a..a human. A lesser human, probably a butler, or some sort of slave? Yes, slave seems more fitting; it wears a uniform under its..savage wrappings. An escaped slave.

"Mighty Maxwell, is this the answer to my prayers?" Said a tremulous voice, touched by madness, from Elizabeth's lips. She crouched over the unconscious being, head tilted, pale and bony fingertips lightly caressing its threadbare tribal gear. "Have you sent me a meal? Is he an Angel from Them, or a meal from you? Please, my lord, do not let me anger you." Crooned Elizabeth, staring into the grey skies with reverence and an opaque look of blind devotion.

For any of the others to happen across this moment, a pale and incredibly thin woman stepped out of the ground near an old stump. Even from this distance it's clear she's ever so slightly off her rocker. Covered in blood, dirt and grass, she wore a filthy red scarf wrapped tightly over her right arm, from shoulder to fingertip, concealing it entirely. Her left arm had a long, fingerless black glove. She crouched down over the new arrival, whispering softly to the sky, and then she waited anxiously over the body for something. Anything.

(I decided, just for kicks, to do a mini-emote sheet for Celevoir...which is not easy when you consider the fact that the beak can't move like a human mouth can.

CelevoirEmotes_zpsc5e13518.png

1. Neutral
2. Happy
3. Scared
4. KOed (yes, the mini-Celevoirs do appear over her head when like this) )

• Like 2

(I don't consider assuming someone to be an escaped slave racist. My character's a former slave as well, and he's dressed in rags. If you were all "This person looks like an escaped slave, also the Jews have all the money," I'd be like whoa, but I don't see how anything you've posted is racist.

Tesa, come on! That KOed is just too cute! This is ridicu-bus.)

A tingling ran through Wright's body, and he instinctively turned to look a short distance away from the Knight and Frenchman. More people, one unconscious and one leaning over the other. His brows furrowed for a second, before remembering the Englishman below him and Celevoir. He pet the back of Celevoir's neck to grab her attention, leaning in closer to whisper. "Let's get down from here." First Guard of King David, at least now Wright knew he wasn't a part of the squad that guarded him and the other slaves. Wright's guard was still up, but his desire to drive a piece of flint through Claudius' skull had been dispelled.

"We're coming down, don't want any trouble." His hands cupped around his mouth as he called down towards Claudius and Velage. Using his left arm, he motioned towards Whash and Elizabeth a short distance away, being revealed by the rising sun. "We're not a threat to you, but I have no idea who those two strangers are."

-

Bony fingers scratched at Maxwell's forehead as he watched the scene unfolding at Claudius and Velage's campfire, a bored expression painted on his face. Finally they were all together, normally he wouldn't mind waiting but even a single day was too slow for things to be progressing. The smokey screen's view shifted to that of a birds-eye view of the Chess Biome. Knights were dismembered and strewn about the floor, Bishops heads had been lopped clean off and smashed against the marble pillars, the Rook lay off to the side covered in dents and a very large hole at the top. What was that creature he'd seen earlier? How could there be any creature he didn't know about, let alone one that his own clockwork pieces couldn't handle? They were growing impatient, and wanted a dead Woodie, but now this new threat had appeared.. decisions decisions.

Fingers strummed against each other in thought, eyes narrowing as a dissatisfied frown appeared on his face. Another bit of parchment appeared before him, a quill hovering in the air as it wrote dutifully.

Date Unknown

I have seen the beast responsible for everything. I followed the barren fields of stumps it left behind and saw it running from the village ahead. It was massive, twice the size of any of the pigs around it, and was covered in hairs of oak hues. The pigs wouldn't tell me anything about it, quivering in fear at the prospect of it coming back. I have to find out what this thing is, it's my duty as a scientist to study and understand the unknown horrors that lurk out there. Looks like I'm heading northeast.

-Higgsbury

With a snap of his fingers, Maxwell's deposited the fake journal entry inside a tuft of grass a short distance away from where the six survivors were converging, just outside the pig village to the northeast of the savannah. He was beginning to consider revealing himself to the group, then he noticed Elizabeth. A meal? Bah, she was always too hungry for her own good. Best to wake up Whash somehow.. perhaps a bit of imminent danger would do it, something that the starving woman could consume. In the village to the northeast three pigs felt something strange coming over them, hair growing on their bodies and an insatiable bloodlust overcoming them. Moments later three werepigs were making a mad dash for the campsite in the distance, intending to decimate any living thing they found there.

Name: West

Country of Origin: England (Or the UK, or Britain; Whatever you want to call it. Anyway, this was my second choice, since America was out)

Time Period: 20th Century (1900-1999; He's specifically from 1969)

Appearance: Messy Dark brown hair that's almost black, Rectangular glasses, and slightly tanned skin. He wears a torn up Trenchcoat with a compass chain dangling out of the pocket.

Bio: A famous Cartographer who is also a Schizophrenic. His compass has the letter K carved into the back of it. It is his favorite compass. He was working on a map, when he discovered something odd. A completely uncharted island in the middle of the Atlantic, around the middle of the Bermuda Triangle. Suddenly, two shadow hands popped up, and dragged him down. His shouts were ignored, as they thought he was just imagining something, since he was a schizophrenic. He's also very cynical and sarcastic.

Positives:

Enchanted Compass - He starts off with his compass, which has the ability to track things. He can track general things, where his compass will have a screen pop up, showing the locations of all the creatures, items, or whatever it is he is tracking. He has to have a sample to track general, while to track specific, he has to aim his compass at the specific thing when he sees it.

Mapmaker - He can make incredibly detailed maps, showing the locations of everything. With a little magic, he can even make maps that show the creatures moving on them. He has to go to locations to fill in regular maps, but magic maps...

Natural Sense of Direction - Can tell the directions with his eyes closed. Not always useful, but sometimes helpful.

Negatives:

Schizophrenic - He is almost always seeing things, and dangers that aren't really there. He is also in near-permanent insanity, which make the shadow creatures take a special "liking" to him,  which means they try to kill him more than other people. He also cannot sleep at night.

Evil Compass - His now-enchanted compass tries repeatedly to kill him by leading him into danger. Sometimes it works correctly, but not always. It will also purposely try to lead him away from food and required materials.

Stubborn - He refuses to use any maps that were not made by him.

Alright, so this is my character. I hope it's not too late to join.

Edited by spiritcrusher77

(Dangit. School gets in the way too much for me. I think I will kill have to quit.)

As the serpentine creature looked in his direction, Velage saw something strange reflect in her eyes. There was a creature, seemingly made out of shadow, right behind him. He turned suddenly, confused. There was nothing behind him. Except the Werepigs. The one closest to him charged right at him, and sliced him in half. There was so much he could have done. If he only had been quick enough, to notice, and walk away. But he had died. And that was that.

(Too bad. I wish I could have done more stuff with you guys, but I didn't have time. :c )

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

(Hey, things happen. I'd rather you focus on school than this, honestly, since you often times don't get a second chance at your grades...which have this nasty little effect of having some effect on your future...

I am also posting now, because I apparently can't sleep. I am not a fan of my significant other's step-dad. >_<)

Red liquid. Liquid from a living body.

That was all the bird could even acknowledge as she reared back from the Werepig that sliced the frail man in two, the black in her eyes narrowing and headleaves pinning themselves to the back of her head in panic as she flapped her foreleaves in a crazy way. While she had seen the newcomer land, she hadn't been nudged to move over there yet, just assuming that he was like the two in front of her.

Well, just one now.

The only time she had seen that liquid before, since she could not bleed it herself, was when the little girl that brought her to life was in her final days. She was always coughing up the liquid that seemed thicker than water, though not by much. The 'infection' as she often heard had finally come full-swing and ended her life from suffocating on her own living liquid.

She didn't know how such an innocent creature could be so cruel to others, though she saw the Werepig in its original pink piggy form, with what she saw being reflected in her eyes.

Edited by Tesability

The smell of fresh blood is the first thing that hits Claudius, a splatter of the warm liquid staining his armor soon after. He whirls around, swinging his blade, and lodges it into the first werepig. It enters the beast's side, stunning it. Claudius has enough time for a second swing, a thrust at the pig's neck. The head is sliced cleanly off.

He had only known Velage for about half an hour. But as he died, so did a potential ally. And so did a bit of Claudius's chances of survival. The man had been friendly enough. It was unfortunate. A setback at best, a tragedy at worst. Worth grieving? Debatable. Claudius readied his blade for another victim.

What an annoyance. He had just cleaned fresh blood off his blade.