I have so much meat (on demand) that it ends up rotting....

*List of meats*

So you could say I can't possible run out of meat outside of a world cataclysm like a meteorite shower, sun turning into a super nova or alien invasion :-)

You, sir, have an addiction to meat. *snicker*

NYES My child... Spread the word... NYES...

*Roobotic-like monotone*

Yes reverend Too Much, we shall spread the word to  worship our Honey Hammed God

Well that's what I'm for.

It's the Beret that turns you into a (rude) Frenchman, right? :grin:

I have so much meat (on demand) that it ends up rotting....

Let's see:

~60 traps (4 x 15 bunny holes), plus 7 coffers filled with living rabbits

~40 traps on a large lake area (~12 lakes in same area which all spawn frogs, also planted 2 lureplants nearby to keep them in check)

~40 beefalos spread into a savanah near my camp, always closest group gets sacrificed on my tooth trap carpet when I need meat, then I use a beefalo horn to pull another group in previous one location (also wool fulfills all my fire combustible needs, but I also have huge stocks of manure - both from surface dwellers and bats alike, charcoal, grass, twigs, turds etc).

~ 20 bird traps with seed baits away from neighboring piggy village (which is at the bottom of my base)

~6 spider dens which I recycle as soon as they reach level 3, still taking almost daily walks in the dusk / night with Abigail and pull all spiders (which makes me nr.1 Silk / glands exporter in DS universe ^_^) giving me loads of monster meat.

-Dogs coming every 3 days and giving me more monster meat - Also killing all depth worms every 3 days which also gives me lots of monster meat

-Hunting koelafant at least every 2-3 days

-Killing deerclops as soon as they make their presence known

-Going every 3 days at walrus camp during winter, again loads of monster meat, some meats, loads of walrus tusk, walking canes and Tam O'shanters

-fishing every 2-3 days ~40-50 fishes from pools because I love fish ^_^

-even more monster meats from the ongoing mega war in the swamps (I admit I was the strategist behind it) between several tier 3 dens, tentacles, and fish peoples.

So you could say I can't possible run out of meat outside of a world cataclysm like a meteorite shower, sun turning into a super nova or alien invasion :-)

You, sir, have an addiction to meat. *snicker*

I just saw Wolfgang exiting Meat-eaters anonymous. Should we steer Anelyn that way? 

But these people's tips (to go back on-topic) are pretty much dead on when they talked about their meat management. 

I got lucky, I set up three pig houses (one was natural) near a frog pond cluster. I also had three rabbit traps. I would take a morse, get a pig friend, and attack the frogs. Then, after the pig gets killed by a frog horde, I void the horde and collect my meat/pigskin/froglegs. Later on, I built the other two houses, and one was close enough so that the frogs would aggro all three pigs, and no meat needed to be put in! Best meat-farming strategy ever, as long as you have a pig house near a pond-cluster, and avoid the returning frog-horde after they kill the pig.

I got lucky, I set up three pig houses (one was natural) near a frog pond cluster. I also had three rabbit traps. I would take a morse, get a pig friend, and attack the frogs. Then, after the pig gets killed by a frog horde, I void the horde and collect my meat/pigskin/froglegs. Later on, I built the other two houses, and one was close enough so that the frogs would aggro all three pigs, and no meat needed to be put in! Best meat-farming strategy ever, as long as you have a pig house near a pond-cluster, and avoid the returning frog-horde after they kill the pig.

Funny, thought of pigs against spiders  but not frogs. Think I'll build some pig houses there. 

pig-frogs|spiders-bunnymen|treeguard-pigs|carnivorous plant-merms|anything-killer bees.

i gotta get some meat farms started on my current world, this thread has really made me hungry

Help some beefalo fight deerclops, then kill off the weak ones and eat their meat in front of the stronger one >:D

Help some beefalo fight deerclops, then kill off the weak ones and eat their meat in front of the stronger one > :grin:

Hit it with the Ice Staff every time he gets ready for an attack and 3 pigs will be enough to kill it. No need to bother the Beefalo.

Except you want his eyeball take a fight with him is unecessary.

Build some pair of sign around your base if you don't wanna mess with him and you will see how it work.

He only smash 2 structure which nearest him then wander around and dissapear after winter ends.

Oh that.. yeah i should report that.

Did you mean bug report?

I don't think it's a bug until we check all deerclop code.

Whenever deerclop appear and smash things, people thought it's aggressive and attack him first, make him fight back. He just smash structures nearest him then just wandround until you aggro him.

And sign is cheap to let out his anger.

I discovered this from early versions, not recently so nothing for sure that it's a bug.

Did you mean bug report?

Whenever deerclop appear and smash things, people thought it's aggressive and attack him first, make him fight back. He just smash structures nearest him then just wandround until you aggro him.

I discovered this from early versions, not recently so nothing for sure that it's a bug.

Considering I've seen numerous cases where it attacks all structures until destroyed and then comes for the player if it sees them, then yeah, bug.

It's the Deerclops reply post, yaaaaaay!

Hit it with the Ice Staff every time he gets ready for an attack and 3 pigs will be enough to kill it. No need to bother the Beefalo.

That's what I do.

imo beefalo are generally a bad deerclops solution, unless you have a ton of drying racks waiting to be filled.

That's wheat I do when I got a lot of them, a lot of drying racks and want to stockpile meat for NEXT winter ;)

[it only lasts 40 days in a cold box, so not really]

Seriously, its a bad idea because you can't control the amount killed. But if you're swimming in Beefalo, and you plan on making a LOT of combination jerjy/recipies/meat effigies, then consider if as long as you have some way of keeping a few Beeflo alive. 

Except you want his eyeball take a fight with him is unecessary.

Build some pair of sign around your base if you don't wanna mess with him and you will see how it work.

He only smash 2 structure which nearest him then wander around and dissapear after winter ends.

Hey, we gotta show the DS world who's alpha! *pounds chest*

(if Wes or Maxwell, gets asthma attack)

And as for the "2 structures only"...see the rest below.

Oh that.. yeah i should report that.

Did you mean bug report?

Considering I've seen numerous cases where it attacks all structures until destroyed and then comes for the player if it sees them, then yeah, bug.

If I am stupid enough to stay in my base and let him smash stuff (instead of ice staff and ally bashing his frozen future corpse,) he does NOT stop at two structures. I'd say bug report it if so.

I have had a history with Deerclops and I never saw him do this nor saw release notes or wiki notes saying he should do this either. However, if somebody can show me code supporting this I might have missed (I stink at coding; I've admitted this,) I'll support the "2 structures" thing. 

I've just tested with debug console. He really is a aggro one. May be it's actually a bug or just my misconceptions.

It doesn't affect my dummy sign trick however.

the best solution for deerclops if you don't want to kill him is to smack him one time and let him chase you to the nearest beehive, and try and bash you, he'll aggro the bees taking tha agro off you and presto free honey and honeycomb for next summer!

Get Outta my head!

(You forgot to steal my thoughts about catching the stray bees later ;)

I think the best meat for make the best food its monster meat you just need a bird cage for the eggs and make beacon and eggs.. That will become yellow(+50 hunger +6.7 health) at 10 days and red after day 16

Now you will need 1 per day and only need monster meat and any other meat instead monster meat that means you will be free for gather resources for long time

This is how i craft it:

3x monster meat, x1 "good" meat

Cooked monster meat > bird = egg

Cooked monster meat > bird = egg

Monter meat

"good meat"

I hope this help you. Sorry for my bad english btw

If you specifically hunt Deerclops for winter meat (including the eyeball,) I think not 

I generally throw the deerclops eye on the ground so it can creep out any enemies that come near and they won't attack me! ,sigh if only that worked

Archived