Why advise a noob the hard method when he's having trouble with the easy one?

I never liked how you reply to things. Someone asks for the time and you explain how a watch works. 

The beauty of don't starve is discovering things for yourself, so just nudge them into the right direction instead of spoon feeding them the whole thing. At least that's how I view it.

@Blazingice26 the important thing about your issue in that long post is :

"Learn what dishes spoil slower when exploring! For instance, the (before-mentioned) jerky, and bacon and eggs last 20 days and honey 40 before spoiling, and are excellent for both explorations as well as winter stockpiling.

Respectfully your opinion is just that. Your experience is always appreciated, but when done politely. Thanks for that in the future replies. 

When asked for a solution that is a "basic request"  often the tools for that solution is lacking as well as well as consolidation. Having three pages to search is time consuming. An occasional long post can be beneficial. 

But with 20/20 hindsight being what it is, I will edit spoiler that part of the reply for those who wish optional reading. I shall try to remember in the future to do so with such long reply things. 

(Like you remembering farms are great for emergency food in winter for example.) 

Thank you for your constructive future feedback

case and point.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings earlier when I called your strategies as bullshit, no need to take it up on me.

And about the long post. It's not about the length, it's the content. Guy asked about food, not what to do when he spawned. That's what I was talking about. But apparently it was too much for you to grasp. I guess not anyone's as smart as emotionally prickly people. Anyway I could go saying how much of a prick you are and how any post of yours I've seen today were all useless crap, but I'm just gonna follow JoeW's advice and add you to the ignore list. Your stupid ass is not worth a Warning. So yeah, so long.

Notice how I replied respecting the other point of view (even editing my post when I thought it was too disrespectful) and notice how the other reply is just negatively replying without any positive help?

And try not to feed the Troll if they do. 

Respectfully, its replies like that, that cause people to escalate (which also isn't right but we understand what triggers it,) and causes more closed threads and ignored users. Please if you're going to criticize, do so with reasons to help (or let the other person explain why they replied that way) not just bash. 

All I'll say on this, going back on topic.

All I'll say on this, going back on topic.

Oh and i just noticed "but when done politely" Nevermind my attitude, I'm not one for happy faces and magic words. I just let you know of a thought that was on my mind for a while. You're one of the few that gets the game and always looks for new strategies. So when you do these little things, they irritate me because you've got potential and I hate seeing it go to waste.

Lots of people have answered the question by pointing out that meat is not the best option.

Probably fair.

In the medium to late game meat can be used just ask this person asks though, gathered on one day to feed for four days.

Near my base I usually establish a tooth trap pit for hounds, some pig houses, and some spider dens a little way off. Every 4th evening I kill spiders until I have 20 monster meat. Then the next morning I feed 4 monster meat to 4 pigs each in turn and pull them over the tooth trap pit. Each dead were-pig yields two meat and one pig skin.

Then the 8, meats and 4 left over monster meats can be made into 4 meaty stews with the addition of only 4 morals from rabbit traps around my camp. 4 meaty stews will feed you for 4 days.

That leaves 3 days when you are fed and can focus on other things for less than one day of work.

I guess instead of using it for meaty stews you (as Wendy) could go over to a swamp and help abigail kill off a frog mafia, take the frog legs back to a birdcage and get some normal eggs and use the meat to make around 4 ( 8 if used with monstermeat) bacon and eggs if im doing my math correctly. which would suffice for 8 days, (not at full hunger like meaty stew, but you'll survive) and since bacon and eggs spoil at 20 days* (their good at 10) that works out well.

*needs fact checking

I guess instead of using it for meaty stews you (as Wendy) could go over to a swamp and help abigail kill off a frog mafia, take the frog legs back to a birdcage and get some normal eggs and use the meat to make around 4 ( 8 if used with monstermeat) bacon and eggs if im doing my math correctly. which would suffice for 8 days, (not at full hunger like meaty stew, but you'll survive) and since bacon and eggs spoil at 20 days* (their good at 10) that works out well.

*needs fact checking

1.5 meat per B&E.

Definitely.

And any remainder can either be used for froggie brunwiches or dried for small jerky/crockpot filler. 

+1 for the term "frog mafia" :grin:

1.5 meat per B&E.

Definitely.

And any remainder can either be used for froggie brunwiches or dried for small jerky/crockpot filler. 

+1 for the term "frog mafia" :grin:

Funny thing, only reason i came up with this was because i was getting ready to fight waverly to unlock her (mod) and her swamp area was surrounded by a ton of frogs, which me and abigail quickly dispatched, i had no idea what to do with all dem frog legs, and i figured might as well turn them into eggs, next day i come across a battleground littered with near-perfect meat and make a bunch of bacon and eggs with em :grin:

Reason i call it a frog mafia, is because i once saw a post saying something about getting destroyed by a mob of frogs, so my brain was automatically - 

Mob = Mobster = Mafia = Frog Mafia

Well, don't forget to worship the Honey Ham gods too, but grats on that mass slaughter great find! 

Can't really make honeyed ham at the moment, due to the fact i destroyed the only beehive within miles (why. why did i forget to catch the bees >.<) and no bees to make a beebox with, so dragonpies should be good for health right now, bacon and eggs for long journeys, dragonpies for nearly anything else :p

Why advise a noob the hard method when he's having trouble with the easy one?

In what way is that methed hard? Meat (aside from morsels) can be dangerous to get, and if you set up by a savanna or a pig village, its not hard to get manure. the gears for a icebox can be hard to get, but are generally not. just find a grave and dig them up or find the base thing and use the rhino guy to kill bishops and horses. and despite the fact that graves drain sanity, its really not hard to find flowers.

I'd just like to say, abigail is AMAZING for my style of fighting, i generally try and wait for something to aggro a monster and then while that thing is getting the crap beaten out of it, i just sit there with no armor at all spearing the monster to death while my ally takes the beating... heartless? yes, noneffective?, no

In what way is that methed hard? Meat (aside from morsels) can be dangerous to get, and if you set up by a savanna or a pig village, its not hard to get manure. the gears for a icebox can be hard to get, but are generally not. just find a grave and dig them up or find the base thing and use the rhino guy to kill bishops and horses. and despite the fact that graves drain sanity, its really not hard to find flowers.

In my current world i lucked out in finding both waverly's tree (surrounded by fro gmafia-producing ponds, and the chess biome, and beefallo all within a 1/6 of a day walk!, so i got the rhino guy to knock down about 4 stacks worth of wood, then got him to take out some of the nights, he ran into one of my beefallo and got killed, i ended up going into the chess biome armed with  log suit, football helmet, spear and abigail, took out the remaining knights and bishop and now i have 2 or 3 purple gems and 9 gears (after making icebox) so, so far i'd say this is the best world I've had so far ever

In my current world i lucked out in finding both waverly's tree (surrounded by fro gmafia-producing ponds, and the chess biome, and beefallo all within a 1/6 of a day walk!, so i got the rhino guy to knock down about 4 stacks worth of wood, then got him to take out some of the nights, he ran into one of my beefallo and got killed, i ended up going into the chess biome armed with  log suit, football helmet, spear and abigail, took out the remaining knights and bishop and now i have 2 or 3 purple gems and 9 gears (after making icebox) so, so far i'd say this is the best world I've had so far ever

Glad i could help! but what do you mean by "waverly's tree"?

Archived