Endgame Facepalm [Slight Endgame Gameplay Spoilers, No Story Content]

Well after a long preparation time of cautiously setting up Thulecite equipment and reviving mechanical clockworks, the fight against the Ancient Guardian was swift and the loot, especially being the first time i had gotten this far, was sweet.

Thinking to myself with Thulecite armor plating and a fully charged mining helmet, and as a 100% upgraded WX with full stat bars "I've done it, nothing can beat me now! I can go back up to retrieve a Deerclops eye, return to the Ruins and finally craft a Houndius Shootius!"

This confidence quickly evaporated, as the Nightmare Stage kicked in and i was surrounded by Terrorbeaks. After gaining some distance from them, in a very panic-y mood especially after defeating the Endgame content boss, i mis-clicked. Rather than eating a Meaty Stew to get myself back to full, i pushed click to eat whilst hovering over a certain irreplacable mythical beast's horn.

TLDR; I ate the Guardian of the Ancient's Horn by accident and swiftly ragequitted

Turns out there is room for mistake even after you've defeated the hardest enemy :D

(If this story doesn't belong here you can move it wherever you like)

Well after a long preparation time of cautiously setting up Thulecite equipment and reviving mechanical clockworks, the fight against the Ancient Guardian was swift and the loot, especially being the first time i had gotten this far, was sweet.

Thinking to myself with Thulecite armor plating and a fully charged mining helmet, and as a 100% upgraded WX with full stat bars "I've done it, nothing can beat me now! I can go back up to retrieve a Deerclops eye, return to the Ruins and finally craft a Houndius Shootius!"

This confidence quickly evaporated, as the Nightmare Stage kicked in and i was surrounded by Terrorbeaks. After gaining some distance from them, in a very panic-y mood especially after defeating the Endgame content boss, i mis-clicked. Rather than eating a Meaty Stew to get myself back to full, i pushed click to eat whilst hovering over a certain irreplacable mythical beast's horn.

TLDR; I ate the Guardian of the Ancient's Horn by accident and swiftly ragequitted

Turns out there is room for mistake even after you've defeated the hardest enemy :grin:

(If this story doesn't belong here you can move it wherever you like)

Speaking as one who fully updated WX and had the confidence, it's that confidence that often kills or screws you irrecoverably in the game. Always fight it. 

Horn shouldn't be edible. That's all i have to say.

Would you say the same for the Deerclop's Eye?

Because i remember when that had no crafting recipies so i ate it for the kicks, which instantly drove me to insanity :p

But i guess that kind of mistake was justified.

Because i remember when that had no crafting recipies so i ate it for the kicks, which instantly drove me to insanity :razz:

Well the Eye isn't as hard as a rock and is renewable...The insanity is welcome, more fun with shadows!

Speaking as one who fully updated WX and had the confidence, it's that confidence that often kills or screws you irrecoverably in the game. Always fight it. 

I've got 400 health, the world is my oyster! I can do anything I want! Look out monsters, WX-78 is coming!

Cause of death: Mosquito

Because i remember when that had no crafting recipies so i ate it for the kicks, which instantly drove me to insanity :razz:

Deerclops' eyes are renewable, unlike the horn.

I guess technically all items are renewable, what with the teleportato.

But that's a hell of a lot of hassle to ask the player to find a cave, get a setup, re-establish a base, re-explore the caves and re-prepare (?) for fighting a 100 damage 2500 hp boss just because of a single missclick and them wanting to see the endgame weapon-structure.

There's a little hidden script, which deletes your save game, if any mods or cheats are detected and the world continues onto day 1000...unfortunately, anyone who uses mods or cheats isn't capable enough to get that far.

Nah just kidding. Nothing will explode. Just spawn it with the console.

And I was going to say this would be negated if you find the Pelontrix on day 666...but you blabbed :p

You know what would be a hilarious cause of death for maxed out WX-78?

Cause of Death: Starvation.

ironically had a world where there were almost no berry bushes I moved to and it almost happened. After all, why would I need to bring food since they always have plenty (and like to save carrots for winter.) But eventually, got enough food (but those first three days were tricky.) 

ironically had a world where there were almost no berry bushes I moved to and it almost happened. After all, why would I need to bring food since they always have plenty (and like to save carrots for winter.) But eventually, got enough food (but those first three days were tricky.) 

Silly robot, organic foods are for the flesh!

Archived