What Happened to...

Sporb

Scumbag Simplex, has a name that implies he's simple yet participates in advanced modding mumbo jumbo conversations that the average person will just drool at by not comprehending the matter. And ever since that title it's even more contradicting...

Conventionally Contradicting should be your second title ;)

Actually, simplex is the name of a mathematical concept. An n-simplex is the simplest n-dimensional polytope (the generalization of polygons to higher dimensions), in the sense that no polytopes with fewer faces (where "face" takes an extended meaning to work for arbitrary dimensions) exist. On the other hand, every polytope can be decomposed into simplexes*. So whoever gave me the title has some knowledge in either algebraic topology or computational geometry. This is certainly not a mathematical concept an average person would be aware of.

* This is why simplexes are quite relevant to computational geometry. Decomposing (or approximating) shapes into simplexes is the basis of how GPUs work (as well as Dont's Starve's system for creating .tex atlases).

Were I a betting man, my money would be on Ipsquiggle.

And that's why I think you make a fair point.

Archived