General Development

debugman18

No worries. :razz:

When you do get a minute, though, we do need a potion image and a tea image. Preferably they should be layered, so that we can make different color variations of the contents.

The Mandrake Stew image is a good place to start. It can be adapted into a cup pretty easily.

And about the walking animation for the bealets?

@Lord_Battal seemed like he was giving it a go.

Edited by ArcticFox789
  • Like 1

No worries. :razz:

When you do get a minute, though, we do need a potion image and a tea image. Preferably they should be layered, so that we can make different color variations of the contents.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/327/a/7/level_3_life_potion___open_by_adorabless-d4h1l9s.png with potion image u mean something like this? is there a list of the potions we know we want pls copy it here :) i ll try to make some details on them not only changing color, tea is going into a cup, sure? 

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/327/a/7/level_3_life_potion___open_by_adorabless-d4h1l9s.png with potion image u mean something like this? is there a list of the potions we know we want pls copy it here :-) i ll try to make some details on them not only changing color, tea is going into a cup, sure?

Something like this should work. Just don't make them too similar to the potions in the Link mod :razz:.

I think all potions should look the same, with only colour changing. Customising each one would make implementing a new potion take far too long. If later we decide to give a distinct look to a couple "special" potions with very unique effects, then sure, but I think that should be an afterthought.

Edited by simplex

Something like this should work. Just don't make them too similar to the potions in the Link mod :razz:.

I think all potions should look the same, with only colour changing. Customising each one would make implementing a new potion take far too long. If later we decide to give a distinct look to a couple "special" potions with very unique effects, then sure, but I think that should be an afterthought.

i could make the flask stay the same but the liquid have some effects or something swimming in it, or the tag thing look different, i give the psd file to someone who can handle it if one day u want to implement stuff but i am not available :3 or just the png layers 

teh crazy potions get crazy flasks imo

Edited by Vivalavie

i could make the flask stay the same but the liquid have some effects or something swimming in it, or the tag thing look different, i give the psd file to someone who can handle it if one day u want to implement stuff but i am not available :3 or just the png layers

Maybe some potions could have weird liquids. But there's so much to do, I don't think we should spend too much time in individualising each potion right now.

Not sure what the link flaks look like :<

7gKkaru.png

Maybe some potions could have weird liquids. But there's so much to do, I don't think we should spend too much time in individualising each potion right now.

7gKkaru.png

I dont have nothing for this mod to do but the gnomes and making liquids look a little fancier is no more than a minute really :p layer options magic, i ll do the empty thing first and than lets see

I dont have nothing for this mod to do but the gnomes and making liquids look a little fancier is no more than a minute really :razz: layer options magic, i ll do the empty thing first and than lets see

Well, it's not like I'm going to complain if you come up to us an say "hey guys, here are some flasks, and by the way here are some awesome fluid patterns to go with them" :razz:.

But there's plenty of stuff to do. We're prioritizing gnomes and foods/drinks right now, but then there are mantas*, structures for set pieces, things for the upper levels... Rest assured that as you go through your todo list we'll fill it right up again ;P.

* Though I think what we're missing for them is basically their animations (and some possible art tweaks to make the animations look fluid).

Edited by simplex
  • Like 1

Well, it's not like I'm going to complain if you come up to us an say "hey guys, here are some flasks, and by the way here are some awesome fluid patterns to go with them" :razz:.

But there's plenty of stuff to do. We're prioritizing gnomes and foods/drinks right now, but then there are mantas*, structures for set pieces, things for the upper levels... Rest assured that as you go through your todo list we'll fill it right up again ;P.

* Though I think what we're missing for them is basically their animations (and some possible art tweaks to make the animations look fluid).

they need like 2 or 3 in-betweens i guess most of it can be traced, who did work on the mantas? 

http://i.imgur.com/zfCGELH.png this can be changed into every color on the spectrum with the slider and end up "okay", just hand a list with the effects hrrhrr :3

well than maybe we wait until last minute with mantas 

Well currently the potions are:

One that grows a beard.

One that moves your stats around.

One that sets you on fire.

One that lets you tunnel.

One that gives you haste. (@simplex what are the specifics of this one?)

• Like 1

One that grows a beard.

One that moves your stats around.

One that sets you on fire.

One that lets you tunnel.

One that gives you haste. (@simplex what are the specifics of this one?)

Weren't the stat swapper supposed to be two potions? Reflection and rotation?

And well, the haste potion would give you increased runspeed. Maybe 20%, but we haven't talked about having different tiers of potions, so maybe there could be different intensities (so far, I think that's the only potion where intensity makes sense); and we haven't talked about how the mad hatter's hat and the mushroom hat would affect alchemy, though I think it should be by increasing potion intensity as well.

And should potions spoil? I'm thinking they should last a fair bit, but eventually spoil, becoming a darkened fluid (which itself doesn't spoil). When the player drinks that, there's a 50% chance the original effect will be applied, and a random negative effect applied otherwise (maybe with a 5% chance of instantly killing the player?).

Edited by simplex

I thought it was just rotation, haven't heard of reflection.

Well, it was a part of my original suggestion. That way, every stat permutation is possible by drinking at most 2 potions.

(they're a representation of the dihedral group of order 6, aka the group of symmetries of the triangle)

Well, it was a part of my original suggestion. That way, every stat permutation is possible by drinking at most 2 potions.

(they're a representation of the dihedral group of order 6, aka the group of symmetries of the triangle)

Ah, I see. Also, I 100% agree with spoiling potions and the 5% chance at instant death.

So... apparently we never took care of the crystal axe's use as an actual axe, for chopping things. It currently has infinite uses when used as a tool.

How do you think it should work as a tool? Have the same number of uses as a regular axe, to make it primarily a weapon which may be used as a tool as a secondary use, or make it a good tool, with higher durability?

So... apparently we never took care of the crystal axe's use as an actual axe, for chopping things. It currently has infinite uses when used as a tool.

How do you think it should work as a tool? Have the same number of uses as a regular axe, to make it primarily a weapon which may be used as a tool as a secondary use, or make it a good tool, with higher durability?

I think it should have the same number of (or perhaps even slightly fewer) uses as a regular axe. There's enough regular axe types for chopping, I think.

I think it should have the same number of (or perhaps even slightly fewer) uses as a regular axe. There's enough regular axe types for chopping, I think.

So about 80% of a regular axe?

EDIT: Why do we have both the wind_axe prefab and a placeholder crystal_axe?

Edited by simplex