General Development

debugman18

If only we had preemptively started a thread for videos of this sort. You know, videos for development purposes. If only. Why didn't anyone think of this? Whyyy?!

And @KidneyBeanBoy, by all means do record one if you're inclined to it. @Craig_Perry also showed interest in this, but I don't know when he'd be able to tackle it. Do record it in 720p or 1080p if you can, though.

If someone has video editing skills to cut the video to its key section (so it won't just be a gameplay video) that'd be very nice as well. Of course a Don't Starve trailer-like video would be best, but I don't know if we have people with this kind of expertise.

Edited by simplex
  • Like 1

If only we had preemptively started a thread for videos of this sort. You know, videos for development purposes. If only. Why didn't anyone think of this? Whyyy?!

And @KidneyBeanBoy, by all means do record one if you're inclined to it. @Craig_Perry also showed interest in this, but I don't know when he'd be able to tackle it. Do record it in 720p or 1080p if you can, though.

If someone has video editing skills to cut the video to its key section (so it won't just be a gameplay video) that'd be very nice as well. Of course a Don't Starve trailer-like video would be best, but I don't know if we have people with this kind of expertise.

Well, here's some images we could use.

http://imgur.com/a/GsgZy

I'll see about making a trailer, but we do need some video for me to work off of.

Edited by debugman18
  • Like 1

Well, here's some images we could use.

Great screenshots! :grin:

Didn't Klei make that RoG trailer out of existing animations from the game?  Could we do that?

Which one? I don't remember that, so I may have missed it.

Yeah, that was what I was implying.  :razz:

Why can't we do that?

Because, unlike flash, Spriter doesn't integrate with video making. But more importantly because I don't think we have people experienced with this kind of animation.

And the oldie ragtime trailers were so much better anyway :razz:.

Edited by simplex
  • Like 1

Because, unlike flash, Spriter doesn't integrate with video making. But more importantly because I don't think we have people experienced with this kind of animation.

And the oldie ragtime trailers were so much better anyway :razz:.

Luckily, I have the trailer pretty much setup. I just need some in-game video to complete it. It's not perfect, or Klei quality, but I think it'll suffice. I tried recording some on my PC, but it doesn't like that.

Quid hic sunt in dracones deserti?

Wait, did you stumble across that screen?

Yup. Sic est etiam torneamentum triwizard aut? Et draconi qui est in tabernae ascensorem?

No, it's not a Harry Potter reference :razz:.

It's a phrase from medieval cartography, indicating "dangerous or unexplored territories". Though my direct motivation for it was Firefox: when you first access the "about:config" page, it prompts you with a confirmation screen with a randomized title; that's one of the possible titles.

Google Translate pretty much fails at everything. :/

That's what I used.

Oh, that explains why the phrases didn't fully make sense. At first I thought I wasn't fully understanding what you meant due to my limited Latin, but after checking some grammars and dictionaries... they still didn't fully make sense. For example, "Sic est etiam torneamentum triwizard aut?" would literally translate as "Is this furthermore the triwizard tournament or?" :razz:.

Edited by simplex

about that, I would but unfortunately my recording software doesn't pick up in game sounds.

The official, public second update.

This is a point actually. Most end-users, especially non-Steam Worskshop players won't be able to update their game several times a day, so I guess this could be a cool oppurtunity to do themed updates and open ourselves up for suggestions, especially on Steam.