General Development

debugman18

I think it should have less durability but be faster and chop down trees in less time like the pick/axe does.

The thing is it's not meant as a tool. It's meant as a weapon. We just kept it as a tool as well because... because it's an axe :razz:. So I wouldn't want to give it any perks as a tool.

And people, aren't we going to make skyflower/datura petals spoil?

The thing is it's not meant as a tool. It's meant as a weapon. We just kept it as a tool as well because... because it's an axe :razz:. So I wouldn't want to give it any perks as a tool.

And people, aren't we going to make skyflower/datura petals spoil?

Yep, that's actually done on my end.

And wow, why does the crystal axe spawns whirlwinds?! They just remain in the world forever. Not to mention they are ALWAYS being spawned, and then checking for the outcome to decide if they should be spawned (if they shouldn't, they just get placed in the world origin).

And getting one to spawn on the surface just crashed the game.

Please never make the whirlwind spawn from anything. If you think it should be spawned as a consequence of something, ask me to implement it. The game has zero support for what the whirlwind does, dealing with it is extremely fragile and any tiny miscalculation will break the game horribly (so I'd rather take care of it myself, since I implemented it).

And wow, why does the crystal axe spawns whirlwinds?! They just remain in the world forever. Not to mention they are ALWAYS being spawned, and then checking for the outcome to decide if they should be spawned (if they shouldn't, they just get placed in the world origin).

And getting one to spawn on the surface just crashed the game.

Please never make the whirlwind spawn from anything. If you think it should be spawned as a consequence of something, ask me to implement it. The game has zero support for what the whirlwind does, dealing with it is extremely fragile and any tiny miscalculation will break the game horribly (so I'd rather take care of it myself, since I implemented it).

Sorry, I thought I had actually commented the whirlwinds out of it, once the Weather Pain was added it seemed to similar.

Again, sorry. There really isn't a good reason for them being spawned from it.

Sorry, I thought I had actually commented the whirlwinds out of it, once the Weather Pain was added it seemed to similar.

Again, sorry. There really isn't a good reason for them being spawned from it.

I'm the one who should apologize, I keep too touchy when it comes to whirlwinds. I have to jump through so many hoops to get it to work (all because DS didn't bother to use sane parameters for their default physics configurations...), making it so fragile, that these things get to me.

Anyway, I'm keeping the whirlwind spawn, but making it much rarer (1 in 30 chance). And I'm also making the whirlwind despawn after 15 seconds. Furthermore, I'm making any whirlwind despawn after 30 seconds if not configured otherwise. All the despawning is done via inst.components.entityflinger:RequestDeath(), but I added a inst.components.entityflinger:RequestDeathIn(delay) for convenience (preserved across saves by the component). I haven't pushed the chances yet (as I'm still doing the finishing touches).

• Like 1

I pushed the tweaks and fixes to the whirlwind and wind_axe.

(and the whirlwind crash wasn't related to it spawning on the surface, it could happen on the cloudrealm as well; it's fixed now)

But once again (the first time being in an edit, which I think you missed), what's that crystal_axe prefab?

Edited by simplex

I pushed the tweaks and fixes to the whirlwind and wind_axe.

(and the whirlwind crash wasn't related to it spawning on the surface, it could happen on the cloudrealm as well; it's fixed now)

But once again (the first time being in an edit, which I think you missed), what's that crystal_axe prefab?

The crystal axe was originally the wind axe. Is it still in the files?

But the wording is "let you tunnel", so I don't think that's that.

Bah...words...^-^

Let's dance the tunnel...uh uh uh...yeah yeah yeah...T-U-N-N-E-L...tunnel

Why would a potion let you tunnel? Do you turn into a Moleworm shortly?

Edited by MilleniumCount

Why would a potion let you tunnel? Do you turn into a Moleworm shortly?

I don't know if it does now, but it should.  xD

EDIT: I think the current idea is that you move around in a similar fashion to a moleworm, as in you're a moving mound of dirt instead of a character.

Edited by Lord_Battal

I don't know if it does now, but it should.  xD

EDIT: I think the current idea is that you move around in a similar fashion to a moleworm, as in you're a moving mound of dirt instead of a character.

I really love that idea but i dont think it fits in as a potion effect maybe a drilling helmet plus and equipable hand item would be more uhm reasonable XD

• Like 2