Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Bryce

A Moderately Friendly Update Release Notes (Steam - September 10, 2013)

TeoSS69    2,204

Hmm .. guys , what is the prefab for houndious shootious ?

"eyeturret"   "eyeturret_item"

What is the repair-able creature at the end of the video ? and how to find it ?

Go into the ruins and repair junk piles with gears.

ChibiVore    0

Can't seem to get the update it goes up to a certain point then goes

C:\Users\Levi-kun\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\UpdaterCache\data\anim\smallbird_basic.zip failed hash validation even after upater

ABORTED
File "<string>", line 1242, in <module>
File "C:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Windows_StandAlone_HumbleDeploy\workspace\source\tools\Updater\build\updater\out00-PYZ.pyz\wx._core", line 8010, in MainLoop
File "C:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Windows_StandAlone_HumbleDeploy\workspace\source\tools\Updater\build\updater\out00-PYZ.pyz\wx._core", line 7306, in MainLoop
File "<string>", line 691, in OnUpdateComplete
File "<string>", line 788, in ShowError
FileHashChecker( C:\Users\Levi-kun\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\UpdaterCache\data\anim\smallbird_basic.zip ): File is not a zip file
Finished!

I got the standalone version on my desktop 
so if know what im doing wrong let me know

tehMugwump    443

C:\Users\Levi-kun\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\UpdaterCache\data\anim\smallbird_basic.zip failed hash validation even after upater

ABORTED
File "C:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Windows_StandAlone_HumbleDeploy\workspace\source\tools\Updater\build\updater\out00-PYZ.pyz\wx._core", line 8010, in MainLoop
File "C:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Windows_StandAlone_HumbleDeploy\workspace\source\tools\Updater\build\updater\out00-PYZ.pyz\wx._core", line 7306, in MainLoop
FileHashChecker( C:\Users\Levi-kun\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\UpdaterCache\data\anim\smallbird_basic.zip ): File is not a zip file
Finished!

Have you gone in and run the updater manually?  Might take a few times for it to stick.

It's in the updater directory under your dontstarve install.  Usually in a number 18 directory.  updater.exe.  You can run it several times if need be.

the truthseeker    1,560

Mine doesnt update... do you know something about this ?

Its kinda sad that i cant update my game and i have friends that have it pirated and updated...

ABORTED
Finished!

Have you gone in and run the updater manually?  Might take a few times for it to stick.

It's in the updater directory under your dontstarve install.  Usually in a number 18 directory.  updater.exe.  You can run it several times if need be.

Eventually i also ran the manual updater and it did update a couple of days later. You might want to run the files in folder 18 and wait a day or two and see if it helps. Else, bug report it. 

the truthseeker    1,560

And...updated! Thanks! i'll check and see if the issues I was having (crashes) are still happening now. But thanks for getting this update and hotfix on standalone through! 

It crashed when I went to a new world, after the world was generated, but before it loaded. Posted a reply in the Support forum in this location