Continuing a game on a different computer.

Every time I log on with my google account through chrome web browser on a different computer the game doesn't remember my previous progress. It is annoying that Every time I switch to a different computer I have to start the game over again. Is there any way for me to overcome that problem? If not I would like it to be made that my chrome account will remember my progress. Thank you for your attention, whaiting for informationabout that.

I just commented on another post about the same topic. They definitely should be. At the minimum, the unlocked characters should be shared.

If the devs are worried about storage space, at least make the data files easily portable so we can manage them ourselves.

Found it. The date is September 2 from joeW

I don't have an answer for you on this one. But I know it's is going to be a concern of many people. We don't consider Don't Starve to be an online game, so this isn't a priority currently. However, it is something that we would think would be pretty cool. As the game progresses we may introduce elements that have online components where this feature would become more needed, so I wouldn't count it out either.

Doesn't look good.:( Edited by Toaster Fu
Such a sad face

Anyway, Chrome web browser is much more that just a browser. Chrome is portable desktop that could be accesed from any computer and let you work in your personal space with your applications, files and history data. "Don't starve" being a chrome browser game should support these features fully! I mean how big the save files are? They could even be stored in the Email, or simply a flash drive.

Programming field is not my field. But I am sure there is a simple solution that would make this game better by letting the users acces or store their save files.

Edited by Mrshare

I've recently discovered that not only you can't play your game on another computer, but you can play OTHER peoples game EVEN when logged in as yourself. Let me explain:I went to my girlfriends (whom I gave the second key), logged her out from her Don't Starve, logged in with my credentials and lo and behold I could continue my game :D only that it wasn't MY game, it was hers. So, obviously, I did what any good boyfriend would do and experimented with her game, eventually ******* things up and making her loose her effigy... IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE!

• Developer

The save and profile information are currently tied to your currently logged in Chrome profile. This is separate from your google login, and admittedly very confusing. The files are technically in the "obfuscated html5 persistent file system", which is the only place we are allowed to write files locally.I'm looking forward to steam cloud, which will give us server-side profiles and saves basically for free. We're going to have to eventually make the chrome saving more straightforward, but that will at least give some users the functionality that they expect.

• Developer

Apparently you can also start up at least two games at the same time, on the same computer and same account. At the same savepoint. Dont know how this would affect gameplay though.

Err... that sounds like asking for trouble. The two games would be saving overtop of each other all the time.

Trouble? I think it sound like playing around with space time continuum. :)

Yeah, because that always ends well :DYou do know, Captain, that now you have the moral obligation to all of us to explore this space time continuum breach and report back your findings, don't you? (that's if you make out alive, obviously)

So I did some minor experiments. You can indeed play two games at the same time. Having different worlds and different characters. But it will always be only one save file made, and it is always the latest save file wich is valid. So if you have two games running. A and B. Have a dusk savepoint on A, and exit from B, reenter in B and choose to continue - you will have two games in A. with the character from A.But I do trust Kevin on this one, and I am not gonna do any more experiments. Who knows what could happen, right?

Hey guys if I may add. The game is a web based application at the moment and these files are stored in a temp folder on your computer. Each time you run a program that cleans this folder like ccleaner it gets deleted. So you should be able to go into this folder and copy the save file from the application and take it from computer to computer via a flash drive or another form of external memory. I have not tested this out for my self yet so it is up to you guys to find out if this works or not.