Resetting data

If it's for some reason that I can't possibly understand not 219740, the only thing I can suggest is looking at where the desktop shortcut icon of Don't Starve links to, it should go to 'steam://rungameid/219740'

post-3000-13764589435229_thumb.png

If it's not 219740 and instead some other number, I would look in the folder of that number.

The thing is that the number 219740 is the product number..key..thinggiemabob in steam for Don't Starve, so as far as I know it shouldn't be any other number, or could be any other number (this should work for every steam game shortcut icon)

Try doing a search in userdata/[profile number] for 219740.

If that doesn't work, I suppose you could just do a search for any folder named 219740 on what whatever drive(s) you use.

For actually deleting the data when you find the folder, what I do is un-tick "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for games which support it" in the "DOWNLOADS + CLOUD" tab of the Settings in Steam (see screenshot below).

post-3000-13764589435566_thumb.png

Then delete the folder 219740 (or cut it and paste it somewhere else if you want to return to the data at some point later)(this will reset all of your personal data for Don't Starve, so if you have some settings..set..differently, they'll revert back to default), load the game, make a new world, exit the game, tick "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for games which support it" and load the game again; it'll ask you whether or not you want to use the data from the cloud or the data saved on the computer

post-3000-13764589435962_thumb.png

selecting the data saved locally should overwrite the data on the cloud and you'll be completely good to go. I think. You could just not turn back on steam cloud data synchronization but that will effect anything else that uses steam cloud data synchronization. Basically what Full Metal Kirby said, just a tad more in-depth..

It's worked for me nearly every time (had problems syncing with the steam cloud one time).

This is just from my personal experience, so it might be different for other people and don't blame me if it all goes wrong and make sure to save the folder 219740 somewhere just in case. Or something *shrug*. I'm no expert though. I just hope this helps you with this.

Wow this ended up being a tutorial..Sorry about the long post

As many requests as there are to completely reset everything, I think a "Nuke it all!" button should be added that would let people completely delete their saves instead of having to dig around for files and work around the cloud saves.

• Like 1

Hey guys, this tutorial doesn't work for me -Ā 
Ā 

it'll ask you whether or not you want to use the data from the cloud or the data saved on the computer

Ā 

It doesn't ask me and folderĀ 219740 suddenly reappear - I have all the characters unlocked and I would like to start from the beggining with only Wilson unlocked :(

As many requests as there are to completely reset everything, I think a "Nuke it all!" button should be added that would let people completely delete their saves instead of having to dig around for files and work around the cloud saves.
Ā 
Ā 
with a cool animation of the whole island being destroy!..that would be cool!
Ā 

JESUS CHRIST READ THE DATE OF THE THREAD MAN.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

About this thread:
Ā 
Edited by the truthseeker

Hey. I recently died in my world, and I'd like to reset everything. how?

With everything I mean:

no research done

new world

etc.

I use the steam version, but I what folder is the data saved in (path, anyone? Win7)

NO RESETTIN'!

-my words when I see this.

Edited by Mack18853

Ok this is an old thread but I will post the solution here seeing that the video of the link was taken down by youtube.What you need to do is go into steam settings and turn of cloud sync then go into files go to Program Filesx86 find the steam folder then go to userdata then there will be a bunch of serial numbers for the game you have find the one that holds the don't starve game files and go to remote folder and find the text document labeled profile.Ā and take it out of the folder this will erase all you profile data THATS ALL CHARACTERS I have not found a way to do it selectively yet. hope this helps

Edited by Donke60
forgot to list a step