June 28th Preview Discussion

• Developer

It's Friday! One final push to public preview, give it a run and let us know if anything breaks. :)

Instructions for switching branches:

[*]Right click on Don't Starve in your steam library, choose "properties"

[*]Go to the "betas" tab

[*]Select "publicpreview" to play the current testing branch. There is no password. If you don't see that branch listed, it means that we aren't currently running a public test.

[*]To get back to the normal version, select "NONE" - this will happen automatically for you when we shut down the preview

(You may need to restart steam for your changes to take effect.)

Changelist 80531:

Mods:

[*]Can specify an atlas for worldgen customization parameter icons.

Bugfixes:

[*]Fix for crash when destroying entities with children. This will help, for example, when destroying farm plots.

Edited by Ipsquiggle

First?

(Basically running the game right now, just to make up for my horrible comment)

Found 2 bugs:

Paths still not rendering properly (inbetween into each other, or at the end)

Posted Image (BTW MAC)

Wolfgang slides down when he turns not-so-buff while running, the animation remains but he basically keeps moving.

Edited by OOO

• Developer

I *just* fixed the wx thing. It didn't make it in for this push. I also just fixed the bedroll hunger bug.I'm looking at wolfgang's sliding next. Then... er... I guess I'll write the woodie lines.Monday is Canada Day, so we won't be in-office then. If anything really bad pops up over the weekend, we'll have to just delay the release push on Tuesday for a couple of hours while we fix it.

So their work is awesome

Don't oversimplify things. If you take a look at my post history, you'll see I'm probably one of the most difficult to deal with members of this forum. I feel I may even cause a Dev or two to ragequit someday. This doesn't change the undisputable fact that the bug they fixed was very obscure. It was certainly non-trivial to find its cause, and it probably took quite some time. So it's more than justifiable that fixing it took the man hours that would have gone to other stuff.And this is a public preview, afterall. If the final update were to be released without the wx thing being fixed, then you'd maybe have a reason to get mad. It will certainly get fixed, I'm guessing there was just not enough time to fix it by today.

[MENTION=55]Ipsquiggle[/MENTION]Can specify an atlas for worldgen customization parameter icons.Thank You for fix. Can I get some sample of that. Where and how I should declare that atlas. I'm still overwriting whole customise.lua file.Any code samples?

Edited by _Q_

• Developer

@Ipsquiggle

Can specify an atlas for worldgen customization parameter icons.

Thank You for fix.

Can I get some sample of that.

Where and how I should declare that atlas.

I'm still overwriting whole customise.lua file.

Any code samples?

Sorry, forgot to post a sample.

Put this in modmain.lua:

local frequency_descriptions = {	{ text = GLOBAL.STRINGS.UI.SANDBOXMENU.SLIDENEVER, data = "never" },	{ text = GLOBAL.STRINGS.UI.SANDBOXMENU.SLIDERARE, data = "rare" },	{ text = GLOBAL.STRINGS.UI.SANDBOXMENU.SLIDEDEFAULT, data = "default" },	{ text = GLOBAL.STRINGS.UI.SANDBOXMENU.SLIDEOFTEN, data = "often" },	{ text = GLOBAL.STRINGS.UI.SANDBOXMENU.SLIDEALWAYS, data = "always" },}customise = GLOBAL.require("map/customise")-- This creates a new group. If you're adding it to an existing group, ignore this line.customise.GROUP["mygroup"] = { text="My Group", desc = nil, enable = true, items ={} }customise.GROUP["mygroup"].items["new_setting"] = {	value = "default", enable = true, spinner = nil, image = "image.tex", atlas = "path/to/atlas.xml", desc = frequency_descriptions}
The way this works:

Similar to the worldgen snippet I posted, this forces a new entry into the GROUPS table in customise.lua. Note that on your new setting, there is an atlas parameter where you can specify the atlas to use.

Also pay attention to the desc parameter. In this example I copied one of the description lists from customise.lua (note the GLOBAL before the strings though!), but you can put any description you like there.

Hope that helps.

Sorry, forgot to post a sample.

Put this in modmain.lua:

local frequency_descriptions = {	{ text = GLOBAL.STRINGS.UI.SANDBOXMENU.SLIDENEVER, data = "never" },	{ text = GLOBAL.STRINGS.UI.SANDBOXMENU.SLIDERARE, data = "rare" },	{ text = GLOBAL.STRINGS.UI.SANDBOXMENU.SLIDEDEFAULT, data = "default" },	{ text = GLOBAL.STRINGS.UI.SANDBOXMENU.SLIDEOFTEN, data = "often" },	{ text = GLOBAL.STRINGS.UI.SANDBOXMENU.SLIDEALWAYS, data = "always" },}customise = GLOBAL.require("map/customise")-- This creates a new group. If you're adding it to an existing group, ignore this line.customise.GROUP["mygroup"] = { text="My Group", desc = nil, enable = true, items ={} }customise.GROUP["mygroup"].items["new_setting"] = {	value = "default", enable = true, spinner = nil, image = "image.tex", atlas = "path/to/atlas.xml", desc = frequency_descriptions}
The way this works:

Similar to the worldgen snippet I posted, this forces a new entry into the GROUPS table in customise.lua. Note that on your new setting, there is an atlas parameter where you can specify the atlas to use.

Also pay attention to the desc parameter. In this example I copied one of the description lists from customise.lua (note the GLOBAL before the strings though!), but you can put any description you like there.

Hope that helps.

Thank You, it works now.

It's Friday! One final push to public preview, give it a run and let us know if anything breaks. :)

Instructions for switching branches:

[*]Right click on Don't Starve in your steam library, choose "properties"

[*]Go to the "betas" tab

[*]Select "publicpreview" to play the current testing branch. There is no password. If you don't see that branch listed, it means that we aren't currently running a public test.

[*]To get back to the normal version, select "NONE" - this will happen automatically for you when we shut down the preview

(You may need to restart steam for your changes to take effect.)

Changelist 80531:

Mods:

[*]Can specify an atlas for worldgen customization parameter icons.

Bugfixes:

[*]Fix for crash when destroying entities with children. This will help, for example, when destroying farm plots.

what about us who don't play on steam or chrome

what about us who don't play on steam or chrome

I'm afraid you can't access the test build. I believe only Steam is able to sort of separate game save files or whatever so that people can play test builds without using their original profile.

I'm afraid you can't access the test build. I believe only Steam is able to sort of separate game save files or whatever so that people can play test builds without using their original profile.

rats