We Are The Starvers

Hello everyone! This is me, Mathy!
I am a writer who will guide you throw the world of Don't Starve though his mind and imagination using this story: We Are the Starvers!
I don't think I have much to say besides that this story starts with the Forbidden Knowledge
The story describes lots about the game mechanics and make us think and feel of the characters in a way I am pretty sure no-one ever thought of.

Illustrated by: The Wonderful Willette
Written by: Mathspy

4530xpT.png

Chapter One: I Know, I Am.

It was a another gloomy night, just like the one before it and the one before them and that one before them all; another gloomy dark night. I was in my laboratory in the top of my ‘haunted’ house as usual, trying to put some potassium over water without making the potassium explode, but predictability I failed once more, no new results whatever I did.
+++++You may think I was crazy because potassium will always react with water giving huge amount of hydrogen and enough heat for the hydrogen to explode in my face, but no; I was -am- not crazy, I was trying to add catalysts to stop that reaction permanently, and if I found that catalyst then I would be able to make a totally reversed world! Where gravity pulls you upwards! Where explosions build and rocks destroy! Where the sky is green and trees are blue! Where Newton’s name is Not When! Where Chocolate is ewwy and poop is heavenly! Where politicians all play fair and square! Mohaha!
+++++But like all the great scientists I was failing at the beginning, but I was not going to give up.

I sat down on my chair thinking deeply what is the chemical I should try next when suddenly my radio started a very unexpected commercial saying, “Say Pal, looks like you’re having some trouble! I have a secret knowledge I can share with you.” So I stood up, approached the radio eagerly, held it with my bare hands and I-- I-- I nodded.
+++++Hearing it’s words, “okay then.” I felt a sudden rush of huge amount of information, intelligence, understanding, and cognition; knowledge. Forbidden Knowledge. Now I Know, I Am.
+++++With my newfound knowledge I started a whole new sort of experiments, I didn’t even know why or how I was doing all of that, it was just happening, by my own hands, in front of my own eyes. I used things, calculated things, fixed things, nailed things, painted things, rotated things, welded things, but over all... I hurted things, more precisely, my own hand. But for what purpose, I knew not. And using my very own blood and all of those things, which I don’t have enough time dimension to mention, I created a machine that I didn’t know it’s purpose or name.

“Excellent,” the voice from radio congratulated me warmly. “Now throw the switch,” and asked me to activate the machine. But I hesitated, because I didn’t even know what will it do, I just didn’t know! Seeing my hesitation it yelled, “do it!!” And as a child listening to his pa, I threw the switch on!
+++++Loud laughter arose from everywhere, “HA. HA. HA. HA.” I stepped backward in fear. And I felt like the machine was watching me, it was alive! I swear it was looking at me! Suddenly, two shadow hands emerged from the ground and encircled me as rapid as light although they are it’s very contrary. I tried to escape, but my effort was naught, their grip was already so tight around me. They pulled me through the ground in total darkness for few minutes to a place I wouldn’t have imagined if I didn’t see, a place I feared at the beginning, but once you get familiar to it, it would become special in your heart; it’s silence enrapture me, it’s creatures delight me, and it’s isolation fascinates me.

“Say, pal you don’t look so good.” I heard the same voice that I heard before from the radio echoing in my head. “You better find something to eat before night comes.”
+++++I stood up, confused. Where am I? Why am I here? Wait. Who am I? Then memories struck me. Yes, I am in ‘this world.’ Because I was foolish to listen to radio commercials. Yes! I Know, I Am. “I am Wilson, The Gentleman Scientist, I will conquer it all with the power of my MIND!!”

This is simply Forbidden Knowledge video in words using my way, but it's only the first chapter, expect more! And I would like to see a little bit of suggestion on how you want to see this story turning out if you like how I write (or if you don't too XD), either more dramatic or more comic or maybe even horror, although I am not that good with horror... but I can try!
OH! And expect a lot of Mathy's Twists here
Kevin is not the only one who can make nice Twists! (You're awesome Kevin and the team!)

NEXT

Chapter Two: Cursy, berries and Charlie.
Chapter Three: Arthropods
Chapter Four: To Make Science!
Chapter Five: Spirits
Chapter Six: Hybrid Offsprings

Chapter Seven: Piggy piggy pigs!

Chapter Eight: The Dingy
Chapter Nine: Light

Chapter Ten: Tell me more
Chapter Eleven: Dark Fire Edited by Mathspy
  • Like 2

Boop dis is canon!! :D

What do you mean? XD

That was really good! Liked Wilson's mad scientist vibe and can't wait to see more! For future chapters I think this tone is quite well but every now and then throw in some comedy? :)

Thank you very much! I will try my best!

This is pretty sweet.*Acts like I'm cool* (I'm not)

Thank you! (P.S: Bunnymen are cool, Mr. TheBunnymen)

"Where Chocolate is ewwy and poop is heavenly!" Would you excuse me while i roll on the floor for a few minutes? I could actually imagine him saying that... He's somewhat... Umm, silly? He acts smart and silly at the same time sometimes.

"Where Chocolate is ewwy and poop is heavenly!" Would you excuse me while i roll on the floor for a few minutes? I could actually imagine him saying that... He's somewhat... Umm, silly? He acts smart and silly at the same time sometimes.

Wilson might try to act smart, but his true self will always reveal itself. <3 *hugs Wilson*

I know right? That's exactly what I think of when I am writing about him! I am super glad you liked it!

Who imagined Willette the artist would reply to my story!! Super yayz!! Now I am a lot more excited for the next update!

Who imagined Willette the artist would reply to my story!! Super yayz!! Now I am a lot more excited for the next update!

Heh, who knew i would actually become popular Posted Image. Well, i think we all wait for Klei and their awesome stuff. So i will wait for your story to go on!

Chapter Two: Cursy, berries and Charlie.

Magnificent; ‘this world’ was designed skillfully, I wondered who designed it because they were undoubtedly veteran at what they were doing.

+++++The first thing I saw before my own eyes was a very weird white flying object that carried on flying around pointing to things -which I called Cursy- at first it was pointing to some grass tufts. I went towards them and grabbed them skillfully. It took few seconds for me to grab the cut grass and place it in my inventory swiftly but soon after a little bit of running after Cursy and collecting cut grass I had half a dozen of it with me, and had them lying in my inventory silently. Then I found Cursy pointing to some saplings! I remembered using twigs as a kid to make my little inventions... oh, good ol’ days. I cracked a few twigs from the saplings and placed them in my inventory beside the cut grass.

+++++It wasn’t too long before I had an entire score of both with me. And by that time I was used to following my dear Cursy, and we became good friends. So we looked around for more but instead we saw few sprouts at a distant area, Cursy flew there and I ran after him. Carrots! I grabbed as much as I can find while the voice’s words about food echoed in my head. Although I don’t like carrots; they are all vegetabley.

+++++We continued for hours grabbing fine cut grass, amazing twigs, vegetabley carrots, pretty flowers, and. Yummy berries! When I first saw a berry bush I jumped in relief! My favourite fruit! Who thought I might find it here? “This world is wonderful!” But soon when I reached the berry bush I was surprised to see a weird crazy chicken running like a madman towards my dear berries-- and ate them! “Stupid bird! Stay away from my berries!”

Agony filled me! “My dear berries! My beloved dear berries!” The mad-chicken stared at me with its dead face and then walked in the opposite direct. That was it! “I will kill that duck -I mean chicken- who cares?!!”

+++++I ran towards it rapidly but as soon as it felt me near it, it shouted “Ouh, Ouh, Ouh” and once again ran like a nutty madman with its hands up high as if it was having fun playing Hide and Seek with me! I felt frustrated specially after it ran to another berry bush ate the berries and hid inside it! So I stood still thinking for a while, what can I do to kill that chicken? Yes, make a weapon! I searched in my mind for how to make a decent weapon, but couldn’t find a good way. After few more moments of thinking I found out that I know how to make something that can help me to make a decent weapon! Yes, I can make a Science Machine that would help me! I just need a gold nugget, few logs and few rocks. But it was already dusk, “It's getting late. I need to make a fire.” Wait, who cares? “I am going to eat chicken soup today!”

+++++There were trees everywhere; so I grabbed few sharp flints from the ground, made a trusty axe by placing one of them firmly on one of my amazing twigs and chopped down some of those all piney evergreens and took the logs. And after chopping the last tree I saw Cursy pointing at something shiny, it was a fine looking boulder with few shiny parts in it; yellow aureate shine! Gold! I grasped more flint and twigs from my inventory and fastened them together to make an iconic pickaxe and dashed towards the boulders, ignoring the seven near berry bushes, and mined two shiny boulders.

+++++Actually, thinking of it. Every time I had enough materials to create something I heard a weird “TING!” sound and felt something stimulate in my brain... I never felt that before, it was a special feeling that I gained in this world; one of the things I loved about this world.

+++++After having enough materials to make a Science Machine, I made it in the place I was standing at and using it I learnt how to bend some cut grass together to make a nice looking rope, that I used to fasten some more flint to some more amazing twigs to make a very blunt spear, "it is better than nothing.”

+++++I ran towards the berry bush I saw the mad-eating-berries-chicken enter earlier and waited there for few moments, expecting it to appear, but instead the sunset was over and it was horrifying pitch-black. I was confused, and didn’t know what to do, although I knew how to make a proper torch, so I just ran around, afraid of how dark this world was getting, screaming “It's so dark!”. There was no moon or stars to help me! And that wasn’t everything, I heard a very weird creepy noise. “What was that?!” I screamed while standing in my place fearing that I might hit a tree or run into the sound source. Few seconds later, the pain rushed throughout my body, and I felt my bones cracking with an incredibly mighty blow; there was something attacking me. I screamed once more “what was that?!” But instead of words, the reply was another unbearable blow and I-- well, I died.

yz5094B.png

NEXT

PREVIOUS Edited by Mathspy
No longer to be continued

Ha! Didn't expect the curser to be there and all the game mechanics! And I didn't see Wilson dying the first night coming! He's sure taking it well...

As someone said, "expect the unexpected" :3 Well! He did with me XD

Wow! Me like this. :DI love how you involved the cursor in the story! Can't wait for the next chapter :D

I am glad! Thank you very much!Probably next chapter will be tomorrow night ^^

hahaahah, Cursy!

Posted Image

but really, i like the way how you are trying to explain the game mechanics like that X3 amazing!

Oh my God! So cute! Thank you! Thank you! Would you mind me using that picture as the second chapter poster? (All the credit would be to you of course)

And I am joyful that you're enjoying my story!

Oh my God! So cute! Thank you! Thank you! Would you mind me using that picture as the second chapter poster? (All the credit would be to you of course)And I am joyful that you're enjoying my story!

hahah, sure if you wish to use it! i wait for more~

Chapter Three: Arthropods

Amnesia? My memory is vivid at this point of the story; I thought I literally died, but that didn’t happen, I was still ‘feeling’ alive, I think. I ‘tried’ to open my eyes but all what I saw was the same as when my eyes were closed. Yet no, I wasn’t in the same place, at least there were sounds there! Here it was dreadfully silent; dreadful silence to the rate of dementia. Opened eyes and tried to listen to anything, darkness and silence. Closed them, darkness and silence. Darkness and silence. I screamed uproariously, but I didn’t even hear my own voice. I tried over and over again, but nothing. Science can’t define this. I thought, if this is vacuum then how come I can breathe? Where am I? But there was no answer. Just darkness and silence, infinite despicable darkness and silence. What if I am dead? What if this is how people feel after death, but science can’t define that too. There was nothing to do, so I just thought of everything that happened ‘that day’ because they were absolutely odd and waited there silently, not that I could speak anyway.

+++++A while later I felt dizzy and had to close my eyes just to open them hearing the voice, once again, saying “Say, pal you don’t look so good. You better find something to eat before night comes.” I opened my eyes to stare around at a very similar world to the last one I was sent to. And Cursy was here too! I felt awkward but I waved to Cursy and it just flew like usual towards some grass turfs, so I followed it and grabbed them. I am having another chance? I will use this wisely.

By Dusk I had three dozens of grass, two dozens and a half of twigs, five flowers, thirteen flint, seven carrots and ten gorgeous berries! After the sunset, I made a pickaxe and mined few boulders with it and an axe which I used to chop down some nature. So things were very good, and before night time came, I had had enough logs and grass to make my own little campfire

. And this time no-one was able to kill me at night! But I couldn’t make a Science Machine because I didn’t find gold vein boulders, and somehow I forgot how to craft the spear, although I am sure I still remembered how inside the ‘unknown vacuum.’ So I cooked some of my yummy berries, ate them and I was so happy when the sun came back that I wasn’t dead and that I can still go on with my exploration for this cryptic dimension.

+++++The next day and dusk were the same, just me exploring, I encountered some cute bunnies, which I caught some of them with my well woven traps, and by the end of the dusk, I found a couple of gold veins, so I made a nice darkness beating fire pit, took my iconic pickaxe and mined a gold vein, took the gold nugget then ran back to my fire as soon as it was night.

+++++I created my beloved Science Machine and prototyped my loyal spear, although it was still blunt. I was hearing little footsteps that I thought are of a rabbit or two, but to my surprise I saw a huge spider! No, it was not the size of my fist, it was the size of my head! -And you know my head is gigantic because I was and am a great scientist- but that gigantic head didn’t know that spiders of this world are that powerful and united. So I did the worst mistake you can do at night if you don’t know what you are doing; I attacked it.

+++++With my undesigned hit, all of the spiders crept towards me in defence for their mate, I didn’t know what to do against all of those! I tried to hit some, but they were about five and their bites were harsh! I tried to run, but to where?! Darkness? No, thanks! I started running in circles around my fire pit! But the fire was getting lower, and lower, and lower. And spiders were getting nearer, and nearer, and nearer. And then, the fire pit went off. Yep, it did go off, because this world is not wonderful, it’s mean, so mean and cruel.

jW30ZH7.png

NEXT

PREVIOUS Edited by Mathspy
Added Willette's poster! Thank you again!
  • Like 1