So, I made a very stupid mistake during purchase...

Illmad

I bought it on steam, completely missing the fact that it would not be available until next year.

Now I don't really know what to do. I've considered pirating it for the time being, but I've heard that Steam can pick up on such things and ban me, and I've invested way too much money in my account there to want to jeopardize it.

Anyone have any suggestions? I watched Etho's (famous Minecraft let's-play dude) first episode of his new 'Don't Starve' Let's Play, and I was hooked in a manner of seconds. Obsession makes me blind at times, so I bought the game in a hurry, not realizing it wasn't even available on Steam yet. I'm not paying twice.

I bought it on steam, completely missing the fact that it would not be available until next year.

Now I don't really know what to do. I've considered pirating it for the time being, but I've heard that Steam can pick up on such things and ban me, and I've invested way too much money in my account there to want to jeopardize it.

Anyone have any suggestions? I watched Etho's (famous Minecraft let's-play dude) first episode of his new 'Don't Starve' Let's Play, and I was hooked in a manner of seconds. Obsession makes me blind at times, so I bought the game in a hurry, not realizing it wasn't even available on Steam yet. I'm not paying twice.

You can still play it on Steam? Check your Library, you'll have access to the Alpha.

Okay, I feel like a special kind of idiot right now. First off, I hadn't even purchased it correctly. Freaked out when I noticed it was 'available early 2013' and quit whatever I was doing, which turned out to be the final stage of the purchase. Your assurance however, made me go through with it, so thanks :)

Haha, nah you're alright, don't have to worry about t, we all have our "derrrrrrrr" moments and others are happy to help :)

I was reluctent to buy it too until I saw online that we'd get the beta, didn't notce it in steam

My biggest derrrr moment is when I was 16, last year when I, for like 5 minutes forgot what a R looked like xD

Normally I'm the guy who occasionally do silly things even on purpose to make people laugh. Like "Oh, I did something stupid, "Ha ha" I guess" but this time it was a legitimate "OH F**K, I did something bloody retarded! Dammit! Help?!"

Well, it happens.

Anyhow, survived for nine nights on my first try. Got killed by an Ent. Probably would have lived if I hadn't chopped down his neighbor right before setting up my campfire for the night.

How does a tree with one trunk suddenly grow two legs anyway?

Trees are known to be very protective of their friends, and will do anything to avenge the deaths of their fallen allies. :evil: If that does happen again, try replanting some trees with the acorns that you get from chopping down trees and Optimus Pine will leave you alone. :)

I'm playing Borderlands 2 at these times as well, but it's nice with some smaller and simpler games on the side when I get tired of shooting things. I love this game, but I think there should be a save feature in case I need to leave or quit the game.

Maybe there is though, I just have a hard time finding things in general.