FullmetalDevil Don't Starve art :)

Love the choices of color you chose for your nightmare fuel! And the lighting is well done with the rock lobster!

And I remember the update with the rock lobster, Kevin before gave a teaser with that song and everyone was like.... WHAAT? 

Thanks ^^. The mixing of colors was easy to do since I did it all while it was still wet with a rubber tip brush. I debated quite a bit with the lighting for the Rock lobster since there are various types of light sources and couldn't make up my mind. The lighting was done literally last minute so I'm happy it turned out all right :wilson_vforvictory:

As for the Rock lobster update I was out on a desert trip so when I got back I saw the Official Video from Klei thanks to my sister.

post-238218-0-84439900-1387440243_thumb.

Poor Wes.

When I did this picture I actually wanted it much darker to emphasize the Darkness line but then I realize I'd loose about half the image to pitch black so I had "lighten" things up a bit. Other then that I had a bit of fun since I was testing out this new "brush" I got. It's a very flexible rubber tip that I guess is used for oil paints. I only use water colors so I don't know much about the different tools for Oil paints so it was a new brush to me but it was a gift so I put it to good use. It's actually given me some effects that I really and I mean REALLY like so it's a joy. all the swirls and some of the mixing was all done while the paint was still wet.

• Like 3

post-238218-0-35444300-1387440557_thumb.

The only thing I can say is drawing older folks is a bit more challenging then I initially thought. But after studying my dad (many thanks and apologies) I got some easy tips out of that. Color wise I had fun 'cause at the end of the day I love combining red and black to create dark warm images. Though I had a wee bit of a accident while painting so thankfully white paint covers all and had to redo some parts.

• Like 5

So everyone knows ( so I'm not gonna be tarred and feathered) the final panel of the "Our Twisted World" project is in it's sketch phase after much debating. The picture itself is actually 4 times larger then the panels so as one can imagine it will take a bit longer to complete and it's not exactly complex  but I will have to take my time and slowly paint it.

post-238218-0-81658200-1389740950_thumb.

The infamous Ancient Guardian that dwells in the Labyrinth inside the Ruins. I had to do a bit ore research mostly on study of the skin and facial structure. Since the creature is more-or-less based off a rhino I decided to give them a bit of looking up to get a better idea of what I was working with. Since the body is mostly covered in fur I started research on the "Wholly Rhino" and made my way up to the modern Rhino. The painting itself is really more like 2 in one cause I started with the face and worked to the rear. Drawing it was a bit of a task mostly cause of it's body configuration but I absolutely adore it's face. I spent most of my time painting it's face since painting fur only takes a few minutes.

Painting the face was where most of the research came into play in terms of some of the wrinkles and texture here and there. Now I know that on the Don't Starve Wiki it's a brownish color but here I'm going a bit more for accuracy for the actual animal it's based off of and went grey. (note: I did the same thins for the hound went from black to a brownish color)

In short this was a blast to work on and believe it or not there is no solid black in the image. it's all different shades of grey! most of the images is various shades of grey with a bit of yellow/white (eye) and red (for the mouth).

• Like 2

No need to thank me, I didn't do anything, you deserved praise for the work you put into these drawings!

Trust me I take every comment in stride because I'm completely self taught and have never taken art class. So every time I get a complement  that means to me that I did something right in the painting and seek to keep improving. At the end of the day each picture is a experiment and each comment is a learning experience. So everyone deserves a thanks cause I truly value comments be it good or bad.

post-238218-0-51287600-1390007046_thumb.

This image is paying tribute to about 3 different sources:

1. Wilson (winged) from theonlyhorse.png?4 whom does amazing Don't Starve comics and is paying tribute to the 20th page of her comic.

2. the concept in general is a sort of reply-ish/ inspiration I got from seeing ravenblackcrow.jpg?4 outstanding Don't Starve works. IN particular the Deerclops Stress Toy.

3. the third tribute is to my absolute favorite Looney Tunes by Warner bros. and the "adorable" character the Abominable snowman that appears from time to time in the cartoons.

When I was watching looney tunes and saw the Abominable snowman bothering bugs bunny yet again I was reminded of RavenBlackCrow's stress toy. So I figured that since technically the "Deerclops" is Don't Starve's take on the Abominable snowman I decided to go with the looney tunes approach and draw it as a loving character that loves to pet things. Of course TheOnlyHorse's comis page 20 ended with the (spoider for those that don't read the comic) Deerclops grabbing Wilson and Maxwell. So showing the Deerclops hugging them in love (to me) felt hilarious.

credit belongs to Klei entertainment for the creators of Don't Starve, theonlyhorse.png?4 for the comic and ravenblackcrow.jpg?4 for the inspiration.

• Like 5

post-238218-0-58268000-1390356018_thumb.

theonlyhorse.png?4 's version of wilson from her Don't Starve Comic's that I simply admire and adore heart.gif

OK where to start. 1st off this was a blast to paint which took about a day to complete. Most of the painting was done with a single type of brush (except the back ground). When I started the painting I literally had my sisters 3DS XL next to me with the net pulled up with some of the sketches that TheOnlyHorse had released. Reason why? Style. Every artist has his or her own interpretation of Wilson and I'm under the opinion of if I'm gonna pay tribute to a particular version of him, get it right. Though for some reason when I started drawing him he ended up looking irritated though that was probably reflecting my irritation at my knee at the time.

Color wise there's about 7 colors : red, orange, yellow, white, grey, black, and peach. I wanted a warm background hence the sunset plus pays tribute to the start of the comic. color wise on the feathers, I actually went black this time round rather then the blue-ish verson I've done in a previous take. they reason why I actually used black this time round was cause it wasn't surrounded by a dark object. Since wilson is standing out in the open it was easier to use black (the true color) rather then a dark blue. I only change up slightly on color to make it easier for the world most retarded scanner (mine) to scan.

Fracking image scanned a bit blurry but it was a major pain trying to get all the color right on my scanner.  The actual image is a bit more vibrant then how it appears, but computers can't mimic the human eye.

Copyright of this version of wilson belongs to theonlyhorse.png?4 and the character Wilson belongs to Klei Entertainment.

• Like 3

post-238218-0-13740500-1390356107_thumb.

ravenblackcrow.jpg?4 's Demon wilson from her various comics and shorts that are always a blast to read and are hilarious as heck. lol.gif

OH where to start. For once I actually painted the back ground first simply because I was using 2 opposing colors green and purple. Why I used them? I have no idea XD. Since wilson's demonic form is primarily black I wanted a back ground that would allow you to see him quite clearly and yet still be fun at the same time. This overall was tricky mostly cause the purple and green I had to make cause my box of 50-60 paints didn't have the shade I was looking for. So everytime I needed to paint I have to mix it all over again though I tried to do the background in one shot to avoid some of the color issue.

Believe it or not the flask, test tube and bottle was last minute sketch wise. They came from a flask that I actually have in real life (not one for actual use in chemistry) that I got during Halloween that's used for my coffee XD. Though in terms of the sketch I wanted to make sure this was correct from the get go so I literally sat in front of the computer for a good half hour or so making sure that my sketch roughly matched Ravens version. I wanted to make sure the little details made it into the picture.

Copyright of this version of wilson belongs to ravenblackcrow.jpg?4 and the character Wilson belongs to Klei Entertainment.

• Like 5