Suggesions... Seasons !

Seasons would be a good idea but they shouldnt make a certain season harder to survive in then any of the others.

Well survival in general is unfairly balanced, if you go out now and start camping out for a whole year, you will have a harder time in the winter and autumn.

Honestly, I would like to see seasons that both visually change the landscape and make the game more difficult. But I wouldn't want the changes to happen very quickly. In the first 14 days, there's already plenty out there that can kill you, especially if you havn't unlocked a ton of items. No need to have winter roll around in that time and kill you twice as fast.

But once you've unlocked all items, found many different ways to survive, and completely optimized yourself, there's really not much the game can throw at you anymore. I think somewhere it was mentioned this shelf happens around day forty or fifty? Why not have winter kick in around then, when its clear you've pretty much mastered your environment? Have fall roll in around day 20 as a warning, then have winter kick in around 40?

Honestly, I would like to see seasons that both visually change the landscape and make the game more difficult. But I wouldn't want the changes to happen very quickly. In the first 14 days, there's already plenty out there that can kill you, especially if you havn't unlocked a ton of items. No need to have winter roll around in that time and kill you twice as fast.

But once you've unlocked all items, found many different ways to survive, and completely optimized yourself, there's really not much the game can throw at you anymore. I think somewhere it was mentioned this shelf happens around day forty or fifty? Why not have winter kick in around then, when its clear you've pretty much mastered your environment? Have fall roll in around day 20 as a warning, then have winter kick in around 40?

That is kind of the time most people want :)

But I still think every season should last 10 days.

After seven days of each season there will be signs that the new season starts Soon.

Really i love this idea, the visual and difficult aspects it would offer are so amazing and i m totally agree with Wasserstern about the seasons change ! It would be really a "plus" if the seasons won't change in one minute like "in the sims" but would change like days and night with a "between both" of a few days.

Nethertheless, lot of players told that they want to begin in spring... and i don't think it could be great. I really prefer the fact to enter the world in a totally hazardable season. It would offer a more risky playability for this game and help the player to totally change his vision of "how to survive".

Imagine if you begin the game and it's winter... no berries, maybe a few seeds, no carrots and vegetables... and you have to survive 7-10 days before it changes... What a cool challenge ! Then you have to find other ways like becoming more aggressive : killing animals, monsters, maybe fishing if you do a fire near water to open it, etc...

I really love that idea ! :)

Imagine if you begin the game and it's winter... no berries, maybe a few seeds, no carrots and vegetables... and you have to survive 7-10 days before it changes... What a cool challenge ! Then you have to find other ways like becoming more aggressive : killing animals, monsters, maybe fishing if you do a fire near water to open it, etc...

Good god, that would just be murder mode for the new players XD heck, that'd be murder mode for most anybody.

which I guess is why the suggestion to pick a difficulty/starting season came up in the first place...

Well if needed you can let every playtrough start in the spring so that you atleast have the spring and summer to built a decent survival change with. I can imagine that starting with winter sounds tempting to those who want a challenge, but new players who try the game could be easuly turned away by it and you could lose a lot of players that way. So if anything, make an option for it to be truly random every run or make it start in the spring.

Well it generally goes without saying that I've always supported the idea of including seasons in the game. At the very least if the game starts you off in Spring then it sets you up for greater difficulty later on when you reach Autumn and then Winter. That sort of progressive, and naturally expected, difficulty curve would do wonders for the game. It would instill and encourage a natural need in players to gather food in preparation for harsher days to come, at least until Winter ends and a new Spring arrives to renew the cycle.