World's best crab king rework

3 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Claws have 5x less hp. Add a good boss drop that makes crab king re-fightable, all issues with the boss fixed.

I've heard that making it so that stray items in the ocean wouldn't obstruct the placement of boats could also help.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

I wish we could fight him using cannons. Make them do 10x damage against him or when crab king gets hit by a cannon it stuns him causing all his claws to despawn allowing us to row up to attack him.

It would be nice if ocean weapons were useful against ocean bosses.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Reecitz said:

I've heard that making it so that stray items in the ocean wouldn't obstruct the placement of boats could also help

it's mostly birds, since you could get an orange amulet since you're going to go to ruins for a starcaller anyway unless wilson

29 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Make them do 10x damage against him

that'd just turn them into better gunpowder instead of making the fight more fun

Edited by grm9
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

it's mostly birds, since you could get an orange amulet since you're going to go to ruins for a starcaller anyway unless wilson

that'd just turn them into better gunpowder instead of making the fight more fun

Grm9 you do alot of criticizing instead of coming up with alternative solutions.

Why is that?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

you do alot of criticizing instead of coming up with alternative solutions.

because i've already brought up solutions for both, FW and CK

8 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Oho must of missed it, what are they?

other people in other threads suggested to allow hitting unseen hands when near night lights, set woven shadows cd to at least 6 seconds after unseen hands cd gets reset if it's below that and vice versa etc. and making birds not land near CK and decreasing claws' hp is all that's needed, FW stuff isn't even necessary but at least it wouldn't force the fight to be easy and riskless with all strats

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

I think a better change would be if the claws didn't damage boat repeatedly. Just do a little bit of damage when grabbing it and that's it

that's not going to do much because most of the damage comes from geysers that you become unable to dodge after they start holding the boat 

Edited by grm9

Just now, grm9 said:

that's not going to do much because most of the damage comes from geysers that you become unable to dodge after they start holding the boat 

Just kill em? 

On 4/28/2024 at 12:21 PM, grm9 said:

For sure I'll be carrying lazy forager to CK fight..  That's almost like saying disease wasn't bad you just had to dig out the plants and replant them.

On 4/28/2024 at 12:21 PM, grm9 said:

Gunpowder already exists so why can't a boss have a creative weakness for someone that can find moon quay before they kill CK?

On 4/28/2024 at 6:44 PM, Swiyss said:

I want every full gem fight to have a specific bp drop.

This is a low sanity IRL scenario, who would want to fight CK with every single full gem? Have you tried doing that? 

I would much prefer for other bosses to get more good BP/item drops.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

For sure I'll be carrying lazy forager to CK fight..  That's almost like saying disease wasn't bad you just had to dig out the plants and replant them.

Gunpowder already exists so why can't a boss have a creative weakness for someone that can find moon quay before they kill CK?

This is a low sanity IRL scenario, who would want to fight CK with every single full gem? Have you tried doing that? 

I would much prefer for other bosses to get more good BP/item drops.

If each gem fight gave a different decoration I would gladly find a way to do it.

8 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

For sure I'll be carrying lazy forager to CK fight..  That's almost like saying disease wasn't bad you just had to dig out the plants and replant them

digging a lot of stuff up is obnoxious and requires a lot of time, making an amulet out of oranges since you aren't going to spend them on anything else and you most likely went to ruins by now anyway because moonstone event isn't, it's just 1 inventory slot and a few nf

8 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

x10 damage from cannons seems odd and arbitrary, i don't mind that getting added anyway but that'd just be a free win button if you get the blueprints for it

Edited by grm9

3 hours ago, grm9 said:

digging a lot of stuff up is obnoxious and requires a lot of time, making an amulet out of oranges since you aren't going to spend them on anything else and you most likely went to ruins by now anyway because moonstone event isn't, it's just 1 inventory slot and a few nf

For Wanda 1 inventory slot is asking too much, I do often carry a lot of clocks 5-6 and this isn't the only character that is having inventory problems and more characters will have similar issues when their skill trees are released that add items.

Why would I even bother carrying lazy forager from ruins? I do rush ruins first autumn but I have priorities when it comes to what I craft and bring to surface.

3 hours ago, grm9 said:

x10 damage from cannons seems odd and arbitrary, i don't mind that getting added anyway but that'd just be a free win button if you get the blueprints for it

That would be the point for players that want to avoid the fight like they currently can for most bosses with gunwpoder and it would be quite creative solution. If that is your logic against it, how is gunpowder fine?