CHANGE CRAB KING

42 minutes ago, _zwb said:

True, but isn't it the same to just say "subjective" without a further explanation?

Also that's what Guille was doing. "Your opinion is subjective, anyways here my totally non subjective opinion on the matter". Such hypocrisy.

"this fight only fixes them by neutering the associated mechanics entirely" is not an opinion

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Nerf claws = boss fixed.

I feel like that's something most here, even @grm9, agrees with, at least as a starting point. 

But you know how the forums go: complaining is too much of an addiction. 

Edited by Reecitz

Maybe we're thinking wrong on how we are dealing with some bosses like Crab King. Seemingly he's one of few bosses that require extra hands to negate the healing, extra damage for ending.

So many bosses been created in a very similar fighting pattern where we look out for their attacks or weaknesses to try to end it via kiting and smacking.

This is the only boss that requires extra hands to chip at him. Bunnymen, bees, anything that will do extra damage and attacks would destroy it faster, leaving but the claws to deal with and his spells. Meaning, the only gear you need to bring are magic items and repair kits for keeping boat in one piece.

This boss isn't a conventional boss where we battle them out in same old ways, the way we deal with him is different. I like him different than the others. It varies combat more.

My biggest complaint is the lack of loot he drops on death. At least he could drop some more shells, or treasure bottles for us to sail to.

-----

The boss doesn't suck, how we've been thinking about fighting this boss sucks. Because we're too used to regular type of fights with weapons armors and nothing else. And well, the look is lame. He's more of a stepping stone than anything. At least he'd drop more decor items we could make.

• Like 2
  • GL Happy 1

58 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

The boss doesn't suck, how we've been thinking about fighting this boss sucks. Because we're too used to regular type of fights with weapons armors and nothing else. 

I think weapons and armor type bosses are really good, and the latest bosses klei has added follow that criteria, they only dont rework a new reign bosses maybe because theyre too busy

10 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

I think weapons and armor type bosses are really good, and the latest bosses klei has added follow that criteria, they only dont rework a new reign bosses maybe because theyre too busy

they suck because the hardest part about fighting them is not falling asleep, you just walk to the side or away to dodge everything or go behind an obstacle and a brain is hardly required for fighting those, also no need to think about the strat or how could you use a character's perk, you can just ignore everything in the game that isn't good at dealing damage to 1 target e.g. bramble husk, bramble traps, abigail, weather pains etc. and use a ham bat and nothing else, making a lot of things worthless and useless and not requiring people to think about strats at all, and considering that fighting them isn't fun either because it's boring, they end up being a waste of time that you're forced to go through because they also removed all cheeses, boss design went downhill since crab king, you can also kill most ANR bosses by only using a weapon, armor and sanity and insanity food in case of FW and a speedboost and pan flute in case of BQ and a torch and an axe in case of toad and an oar, a boat and a weapon in case of CK

1 hour ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

This is the only boss that requires extra hands to chip at him

he doesn't, you can sync your attacks with his heal windows by starting to hold F at the right time to cancel his heals even when he's pearled, you can also row away instead of freezing him so idk what are 

1 hour ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

magic items

supposed to be

Edited by grm9
  • Like 1

I agree with other guy below your comment is that a new reign bosses are annoying and kinda boring. The new bosses are really good because they're modernized for players to actually be able to fight them in a more satisfying way. Raid bosses were designed around having more players around to do a lot more damage, and likely with certain skills to deal with certain stats they've got. Solo wise they are really ******* hard unless using catapults or other methods to cheese them to make the battles trivial and kinda even lamer.

6 minutes ago, grm9 said:

he doesn't, you can sync your attacks with his heal windows by starting to hold F at the right time to cancel his heals even when he's pearled, you can also row away instead of freezing him so idk what are 

supposed to be

ice-staffs, sometimes weather pain. Star called keeping warmth up for players and your followers while dealing with crab king claws and himself to freeze either to stop what they're doing. Could maybe even with work with enough flingos to keep claws at bay. There's a lot of creativity you can put into this boss in ways that isn't just kiting and running. Heck, even fighting him with many bees is a great method just to utilize against such a boss. Best way to fight him I've seen was with sea weeds, just let them take care of him instead. Permanent setup for killing, travel the world to gather them and deploy.

I really want more unconventional boss fighting methods personally. I want Crab King to not feel like a stepping stone and I want a followers being a lot more useful against raid bosses/a new reign bosses.

2 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

I agree with other guy below your comment is that a new reign bosses are annoying and kinda boring. The new bosses are really good because they're modernized for players to actually be able to fight them in a more satisfying way. Raid bosses were designed around having more players around to do a lot more damage, and likely with certain skills to deal with certain stats they've got. Solo wise they are really ******* hard unless using catapults or other methods to cheese them to make the battles trivial and kinda even lamer

i was talking about new bosses e.g. werepig, AG etc., they suck and are boring, ANR bosses are fun because some of them are fun puzzles with many solutions e.g. BQ that almost every character has a strat for, and some are both, good puzzles and fun to fight with minimal gear e.g. FW and dfly, although it's never optimal to deal with enraged so there isn't a reason to do it the hard way when playing normally, toad doesn't have as many solutions as the rest but is still fun to fight if you're burning trees instead of spamming weather pains, it doesn't matter who they were designed for since atm they're most fun to fight when playing solo, i've already mentioned that you only need basic stuff to kill all of them if you're good enough e.g. ice staves or a damage multiplier for dfly, pan flute and a speedboost for BQ, sanity and insanity food for FW etc., new bosses only require a weapon and can easily be done on 1st or 2nd try and are boring to kill after that

6 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

ice-staffs, sometimes weather pain. Star called keeping warmth up for players and your followers while dealing with crab king claws and himself to freeze either to stop what they're doing. Could maybe even with work with enough flingos to keep claws at bay. There's a lot of creativity you can put into this boss in ways that isn't just kiting and running. Heck, even fighting him with many bees is a great method just to utilize against such a boss. Best way to fight him I've seen was with sea weeds, just let them take care of him instead. Permanent setup for killing, travel the world to gather them and deploy

my point was that everything you've mentioned wasn't necessary, you've also described what applies to ANR bosses

6 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

I want Crab King to not feel like a stepping stone and I want a followers being a lot more useful against raid bosses/a new reign bosses

they already are, you can stun dfly using minions without a damage multiplier and you can use minions to kill BQ, using minions is usually not fun though, there are harder, riskier, more fun and efficient ways to kill ANR bosses

• Like 1

Crab king does suck. Why I don't think either bee queen and dragonfly should be changed is because they both serve as a benchmark going forward of how powerful each character will become or how they perform relative to others.

Being good at crab king doesn't translate to other parts of skill in the game. Sailing as a whole is not exactly widely considered something that's particularly enjoyable and the whole entire ocean is not nearly rewarding enough to spend time on even if you do enjoy it. Crab king is an amalgamation of it all. A means to an end and something you're glad to be done with when it's over.

Perhaps crab king itself is more of a symptom rather than the disease. 

But even still, sometimes it's better to treat a symptom rather than try to find a cure that causes a litany of other adverse effects that are worse.

The only solution I can think of is to buff sailing to resemble shipwrecked sailing, but ONLY to resemble. Not to outright mimic

If by RoG bosses are fun you mean i have to go into a separate world, spawn different items, try different characters, and use ridiculous strategies only for it to be fun, then yes, RoG bosses are a fun puzzle that makes you use your brain

Klei said they want more new players, and most are not gonna waste their time grinding for items, searching guides and wikis and playing with commands, when they can just, play dark souls or something

During the terraria update most streamers i saw that came from terraria absolutely hated the RoG bosses, specially toadstool

You can say the "but klei should focus on the veterans" slop but klei like any company needs to sell, and imo making a boss with predictable yet challenging attacks is better than a boss that not even the devs know how you are supposed to defeat it

Edited by Capybara007

9 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

RoG

i assume that you meant ANR? i definitely don't want bosses like bearger

9 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

spawn different items

mentioned multiple times that it's usually only a few items if any, just a weapon for dfly, a speedboost and pan flute for BQ, sanity and insanity food for FW which you would've brought anyway because of going through obelisks, a torch and an axe for toad etc.

play dark souls or something

entirely unrelated to what DST bosses are, new bosses are like dark souls, old bosses were fun puzzles, dark souls bosses require practicing and timing instead of thinking

11 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

use ridiculous strategies only for it to be fun

figuring out is the fun part, although the fight often is too, e.g. FW, toad, dfly and some BQ strats

Klei said they want more new players

that's why bosses are entirely optional, skill trees are also adding new ways to kill old bosses e.g. lunar fire against FW and BQ, moon shrooms against BQ, lightning spear against FW etc.

12 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

During the terraria update most streamers i saw that came from terraria absolutely hated the RoG bosses, specially toadstool

that's a problem with people tbh, they start complaining instead of looking for solutions because of expecting dark souls fights that require simply dodging instead of thinking

13 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

You can say the "but klei should focus on the veterans" slop but klei like any company needs to sell, and imo making a boss with predictable yet challenging attacks is better than a boss that not even the devs know how you are supposed to defeat it

it isn't better because it's boring, it's saddening that most people prefer that because they couldn't figure out that to prevent a cloud that spawns on top of you with a big delay and rots stuff inside your inventory from rotting your weapon, you can drop it before the cloud spawns 

also, why no quotes? i don't get notifications this way

5 minutes ago, grm9 said:

I get you like it more but you cant blame people for not wanting to spend time searching for solutions on a non survival world

If the devs had to just spawn in 10 darks swords, armor and some healing and just hold f with some other 5 people, you can safely say the boss kinda sucks

Im not saying the devs must make a new survival world everytime they want to test something, i just think that taking into consideration a normal player playing on their world is better than expecting the players to go to a test world and spawn random stuff to see what works

6 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

I get you like it more but you cant blame people for not wanting to spend time searching for solutions on a non survival world

not even necessary, most solutions are obvious enough e.g. FW spawns a lot of things that die from 1 hit and need to be killed, so you use something that has AoE, e.g. weather pains, abigail, bramble husk etc., knowing how things work is enough

If the devs had to just spawn in 10 darks swords, armor and some healing and just hold f with some other 5 people, you can safely say the boss kinda sucks

how does the way the devs play matter? devs' intention was for people to have 1 player distracting lavaes and the rest fighting dfly, judging by a code comment, but no one does that, does the boss suck because of simply running around with them being not fun even though no one does that even though the devs thought that people'd do that?

Im not saying the devs must make a new survival world everytime they want to test something, i just think that taking into consideration a normal player playing on their world is better than expecting the players to go to a test world and spawn random stuff to see what works

just knowing what do things do is enough, testing is only really needed for extremely advanced stuff like FW's timers that you can't have much info about without a lot of testing or looking through code, but even that sort of complexity is good because you can find a pattern or look at the code if you need to and that'll be fun and if you don't want to do that, you can always do it using strats that are publicly available, they could make figuring out that some stuff exists easier e.g. adding something that indicates that you can dodge FW's bone cage and explaining that thurible prevents him from casting it onto things near it

Edited by grm9

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

not even necessary, most solutions are obvious enough e.g. FW spawns a lot of things that die from 1 hit and need to be killed, so you use something that has AoE, e.g. weather pains, abigail, bramble husk etc., knowing how things work is enough

Yes that is exactly what im saying, try explaining to the new player that picked wilson that they have to build the celestial portal to change to another character or craft this weapons which materials are obtained spring only

Im fine with items making the fight more effective, like weather pains being very useful for toadstool, things is if you dont use them then using torches or axes to chop the mushtrees takes insane amount of practique and skill which again most people dont want to bother because its boring

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

how does the way the devs play matter? devs' intention was for people to have 1 player distracting lavaes and the rest fighting dfly, judging by a code comment, but no one does that, does the boss suck because of simply running around with them being not fun even though no one does that even though the devs thought that people'd do that?

just knowing what do things do is enough

Thing is for solo most ANR are simply not tested, beequeen for example, the grumble bees never give you an open attack window for bq, bq doesnt have a cooldown to spawn bees, most of the interesting strategies involve using specific character abilities and expensive items

And again, nothing wrong with that, but make the base fight easy to understand for someone with just weapon and armor

You can think that all the bosses would be like another treeguard but that is a lie, all im asking is for an obvious solution in every boss fight, like "ok so after you kill all the bees bq wont spawn more for 8 seconds" so the goal is clear, kill all the grumble bees while beequeen applies random buffs to them, and then hit beequeen when she is alone

2 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Yes that is exactly what im saying, try explaining to the new player that picked wilson that they have to build the celestial portal to change to another character or craft this weapons which materials are obtained spring only

the new player could play through 1 game year 1st before trying to kill bosses or use scrapbook

3 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Im fine with items making the fight more effective, like weather pains being very useful for toadstool, things is if you dont use them then using torches or axes to chop the mushtrees takes insane amount of practique and skill which again most people dont want to bother because its boring

imo it isn't boring, especially in case of FW

3 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Thing is for solo most ANR are simply not tested, beequeen for example, the grumble bees never give you an open attack window for bq

they do, BQ is faster than them so even if you don't want to use anything except a weapon, you can keep running away until BQ goes far away enough from them to attack it and you can leave them far behind after she starts screaming by leading them away and going through them right before the scream ends, there are multiple no damage BQ kills on youtube

5 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

bq doesnt have a cooldown to spawn bees

have you played the game at all? the cd is 18 seconds during p1, 16 during p2, 7 during p3 and 12 during p4, but you aren't supposed to kill them after p2 starts anyway, you're supposed to play around them and separate BQ from them before attacking it

most of the interesting strategies involve using specific character abilities and expensive items

most characters have own ways to kill BQ and those that don't can use pan flute and bunnymen, that's also the puzzle part of the fight and tbh needing to spend resources on getting more than 2k hp worth of healing that doesn't spoil and an item that stops spoilage and an item that makes fighting FW much easier and allows you to regenerate sanity simply by standing near stuff that drains it is fine, that's like complaining that you can't just kite nitre to death by using your fist for it to turn into thulecite

And again, nothing wrong with that, but make the base fight easy to understand for someone with just weapon and armor

wdym "base fight"? you are never forced to interact with ANR bosses, they're optional, they don't force you to fight them like seasonal bosses that can be killed by using only a weapon, so it's fine for them to be puzzles or hard to kill or both

"ok so after you kill all the bees bq wont spawn more for 8 seconds"

good thing that that's a thing already, except the timer starts after it summons them and you're supposed to play around grumbles being alive anyway by separating them from BQ, you can already keep running away while they're fast and come back after they slow down to attack BQ without them attacking you

13 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

so the goal is clear, kill all the grumble bees while beequeen applies random buffs to them, and then hit beequeen when she is alone

extremely boring and leaves no reason to think about any strats or do something hard, that'd take fun away from anyone who has been thinking about BQ strats instead of looking at the 1st guide that they found with a strat that's less efficient than the strat that you can use as the character that you're playing as

14 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

You can think that all the bosses would be like another treeguard but that is a lie

no, they'll probably be like werepig, frostjaw, mutated bosses etc. which are extremely boring to fight

15 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

all im asking is for an obvious solution in every boss fight

is luring things that temporarily become fast and then become slow away from a thing that's stationary while they're fast and will start going to you after they become slow to separate them from each other not obvious enough? is using any of the multiple ways that can be used to prevent something from moving for some time when separation isn't worth the time not obvious enough? is luring away a relatively fast thing away from many slow things until they die on their own not obvious enough?

22 minutes ago, grm9 said:

the new player could play through 1 game year 1st before trying to kill bosses or use scrapbook

But that doesnt answer my point, to a new player, abigail, bramble husks and weather pains are unknown stuff

imo it isn't boring, especially in case of FW

For the example i gave it is, which is toadstool

Unlike some ANR bosses toadstool mechanic is kinda clear, most newbies i saw were able to tell you need to chop the mushtrees, thing is toad's tree spawning cooldown starts once he spawns the last mushtree, not after you chop the last tree

This ends in players being able to get 1 or 2 hits only to have to go back to chopping trees

And dont try to say "oh but weather pain and woodie" bc again, new players dont understand this

they do, BQ is faster than them so even if you don't want to use anything except a weapon, you can keep running away until BQ goes far away enough from them to attack it and you can leave them far behind after she starts screaming by leading them away and going through them right before the scream ends

Talk about a boring fight, running from one side to the other to get 3 or 4 hits only for the swarm to catch up and repeat forever

most characters have own ways to kill BQ and those that don't can use pan flute and bunnymen, that's also the puzzle part of the fight

Spamming an item doesnt sound very big brain

And i am repeating myself, players dont want puzzles they just wanta fight, a test of skill and reflex and stuff, not a "lets see how much you grinded/how much time you have wasted watching guides"

have you played the game at all? the cd is 18 seconds during p1, 16 during p2, 7 during p3 and 12 during p4, but you aren't supposed to kill them after p2 starts anyway, you're supposed to play around them and separate BQ from them before attacking it

Cooldown is not linked to you killing the last bee, its linked to the last summon, which is what i wanted to change, i did not claim there was no cd at all its just that right now killing the bees is quite pointless which is odd for a minion based boss

is luring things that temporarily become fast and then become slow away from a thing that's stationary while they're fast and will start going to you after they become slow to separate them from each other not obvious enough? is using any of the multiple ways that can be used to prevent something from moving for some time when separation isn't worth the time not obvious enough? is luring away a relatively fast thing away from many slow things until they die on their own not obvious enough?

Literally watch any streamer play dst for the first time and tell me how obvious it is for them

Edited by Capybara007

But that doesnt answer my point, to a new player, abigail, bramble husks and weather pains are unknown stuff

weather pains are displayed in the fighting tab, abigail is wendy's main perk and most people either started playing DST as wendy or at least know what can she do, bramble husks are whatever although if you have wormwood and tried to play as him for at least a few in game days, you probably know what do bramble husks do

14 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

thing is toad's tree spawning cooldown starts once he spawns the last mushtree, not after you chop the last tree

that would make the fight extremely boring because then chopping all of them in time wouldn't be hard at all, so it'd just force you to hold space near trees once in a while, atm it forces you to either realise that you can still reasonably attack it after chopping a few trees to bring it down from max level while the rest are burning or get something that can break them quickly

16 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

And dont try to say "oh but weather pain and woodie" bc again, new players dont understand this

then torch? new players also usually don't go to caves and it makes sense to try fighting a boss that spawns trees as a character that's labelled as "the lumberjack" and can turn into a beaver according to character select description, weather pains are in fighting tab

18 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

For the example i gave it is, which is toadstool

subjective

18 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Talk about a boring fight, running from one side to the other to get 3 or 4 hits only for the swarm to catch up and repeat forever

that's why you're supposed to use pan flutes and figure out how to deal with that instead of doing that for a lot of time, you can still do it the boring way if you really don't want to try to figure out any solutions other than using only a weapon, armor and healing

19 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Spamming an item doesnt sound very big brain

it apparently is if people don't realise that you can do that even though you can find pan flute day 1 near glommer's statue

20 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

And i am repeating myself, players dont want puzzles they just wanta fight, a test of skill and reflex and stuff, not a "lets see how much you grinded/how much time you have wasted watching guides"

that's not grinding and watching guides isn't required, you only need to think about how to counter the boss' mechanics, grinding is trying to dodge hard to dodge attacks, so you're saying that people want to grind but also don't? some ANR bosses, e.g. FW, dfly and toad already allow you to kill them by playing skillfuly and using only 1-2 items other than a weapon, armor and healing

21 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Cooldown is not linked to you killing the last bee, its linked to the last summon, which is what i wanted to change, i did not claim there was no cd at all its just that right now killing the bees is quite pointless which is odd for a minion based boss

the point is that you're supposed to avoid the minions instead of killing them, killing grumbles doesn't require a brain so making the fight only require doing that would be odd, since then the boss would become much more boring and not be fun for anyone 

22 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Literally watch any streamer play dst for the first time and tell me how obvious it is for them

is it still unobvious for them after they live for a year and get to know what weather pain, lazy explorer and pan flute do? i don't watch streamers

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

weather pains are displayed in the fighting tab, abigail is wendy's main perk and most people either started playing DST as wendy or at least know what can she do, bramble husks are whatever although if you have wormwood and tried to play as him for at least a few in game days, you probably know what do bramble husks do

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

is it still unobvious for them after they live for a year and get to know what weather pain, lazy explorer and pan flute do? i don't watch streamers

I cannot answer any of this because you have a very different perception on what new players know. Live for a year and know lazy explorer? Are you serious?

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

that would make the fight extremely boring because then chopping all of them in time wouldn't be hard at all, so it'd just force you to hold space near trees once in a while

You still have to dodge sporeclouds and bombs, why do you oversimplifly all of the strategies i mention but at the same time say spamming pan flutes is a smart strategy?

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

it makes sense to try fighting a boss that spawns trees as a character that's labelled as "the lumberjack" and can turn into a beaver according to character select description, weather pains are in fighting tab

Ahh yes, if i see this weird item i have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT IT DOES or how it could help me chop trees, then i see it takes these "feathers" and these "volt goat horns" to create a "weather pain" because that is what newbies think

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

grinding is trying to dodge hard to dodge attacks

??????????

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

it apparently is if people don't realise that you can do that even though you can find pan flute day 1 near glommer's statue

New players dont know tier 1 magic station, limited to 1 pan flute

33 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

I cannot answer any of this because you have a very different perception on what new players know. Live for a year and know lazy explorer? Are you serious?

You still have to dodge sporeclouds and bombs, why do you oversimplifly all of the strategies i mention but at the same time say spamming pan flutes is a smart strategy?

Ahh yes, if i see this weird item i have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT IT DOES or how it could help me chop trees, then i see it takes these "feathers" and these "volt goat horns" to create a "weather pain" because that is what newbies think

??????????

You're not going to get through to them; they are dead set on an opinion that cannot be altered. 

Besides, they kinda talk like they themselves watch various guides, yet never put them into action, anyway. 

It's easy to describe what you have to do, but actually going through with it is a different story. 

ig i should've specified that they'd know about lazy explorer if they'd know about FW by then, since it's only relevant for fighting him

17 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

You still have to dodge sporeclouds and bombs

that won't be hard after you chop 1 or 2 trees to bring it down from max level 

34 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

say spamming pan flutes is a smart strategy?

requires more thinking than seeing a tree and starting chopping it and there are better strats, flute is easiest to figure out and most popular since most people seem to use it even though most characters have own ways to kill BQ now

37 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

you could try making it at some point and seeing what it does

38 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

??????????

it's either that or an extremely boring fight that you do 1st try or a puzzle

2 minutes ago, Reecitz said:

You're not going to get through to them; they are dead set on an opinion that cannot be altered

no? we haven't started going in circles yet

5 minutes ago, Reecitz said:

Besides, they kinda talk like they themselves watch various guides, yet never put them into action, anyway

no lol, i can do FW minimal gear myself, i think i've even sent a recording on the forums at some point

5 minutes ago, Reecitz said:

It's easy to describe what you have to do, but actually going through with it is a different story

good thing that i did, i've tried stuff that i'm talking about

8 minutes ago, grm9 said:

ig i should've specified that they'd know about lazy explorer if they'd know about FW by then, since it's only relevant for fighting him

that won't be hard after you chop 1 or 2 trees to bring it down from max level 

requires more thinking than seeing a tree and starting chopping it and there are better strats, flute is easiest to figure out and most popular since most people seem to use it even though most characters have own ways to kill BQ now

you could try making it at some point and seeing what it does

it's either that or an extremely boring fight that you do 1st try or a puzzle

no? we haven't started going in circles yet

no lol, i can do FW minimal gear myself, i think i've even sent a recording on the forums at some point

good thing that i did, i've tried stuff that i'm talking about

Lying aside, I already concluded the type of person you are: someone that speaks in guides and wikis, but can't back it up with actual experience. It's a shame, because you occasionally have a few takes that I can actually agree with. 

You also call everything an opposing debater says as "subjective", simply because you don't agree with or try to understand their points, as an act of dismissing them. And yet, you don't have the guts to use the other word.

So I'll say what you're too scared to say: when it comes to some of your takes, you are objectively wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Reecitz said:

Lying aside, I already concluded the type of person you are: someone that speaks in guides and wikis, but can't back it up with actual experience

what exactly do i not have experience with that i talk about?

You also call everything an opposing debater says as "subjective"

nope, only opinions, e.g. if something's fun or not

when it comes to some of your takes, you are objectively wrong

why?

1 hour ago, Capybara007 said:

not sure if that's true since i've unlocked scrapbook since it got added to not get popups, but isn't prestihatitator going to be in it's dependencies?
image.png.aa17a25d34e4de427df5ccb94151df88.png

So I'll say what you're too scared to say

that's really dumb, i mention subjectiveness only because everything else is either subjective and everyone realise that or objective by default

Edited by grm9

On 4/26/2024 at 5:11 PM, Ridley said:

Just practice the boss with rollbacks until you can't feel anything anymore, bro. /s

It's not about being difficult. This boss just sucks. It's not fun, games are for fun, it misses the point.

Also there's another cheese method if anyone likes. Search how to do it with seaweeds.

• Like 3

On 4/26/2024 at 9:42 AM, JLee said:

Crab King continues to be the most unplayable boss in this game, and is the CHOKE POINT in the Celestial Champion route.

PLEASE FIX this fight to involve the environment or SOMETHING that DOESNT REVOLVE AROUND BEE CHEESE METHODS.

I wouldn’t really call bees cheese, they’re an actual weapon in the game found in the weapons tab intended to be used as a weapon, if Klei wanted to nerf them, then the MOST they should do in that direction is allow bees to distract and draw aggro of pinching claws so CK tries to swat those out the air instead of lacking onto your boat.

I don’t think I need to explain how using a Lureplant or Spider Den that the player could easily destroy but yet we’re immune to ferocious bosses fails to compare to gathering a ton of silk and boards and crafting nets and catching bees.

Can we stop trying to nerf all valid tactics please?

I was completely upset when Klei Nerfed Gunpowder, it’s a weapon intended to Blow things up.. my solution to Klei’s “Kaboom Resistance” was to simply bring a crap ton load more Kaboom then they had resistance for.

The ways I would personally improve the crab king fight is to remove its ability to heal completely, and lower pinching claw health or allow them to become distracted by other mobs (bees, Gnarwail, RockJaw) Give crab king high health if you feel you need to but remove its ability to heal.

Now that Ice boats are in the game and Crab King has a Cold AoE, perhaps those can spawn in empty space in the water around him too… idk.

What I do know however is that weaponized bees literally has the word weapon in the title…

So how about we not call that cheese?

11 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

The boss doesn't suck, how we've been thinking about fighting this boss sucks. Because we're too used to regular type of fights with weapons armors and nothing else.

This is a recurring theme with all of the major bosses prior to the celestial champion frankly, the community writes off bosses like bee queen, dragonfly, fuelweaver, etc. for being poorly designed simply because they aren't willing to approach them in a different way