CHANGE CRAB KING

3 hours ago, grm9 said:

they can make a practice world or ask other people on the server to help to not need to learn anything

Most of the players don't want to play like that and there's no point in forcing them or expecting of them to do that, that's why bosses can't be insanely difficult as this isn't a souls like game which was a perfect counter point that you brought up yourself where you only need to fight the boss and run back to it at most but DST is much more punishing.

3 hours ago, grm9 said:

which? it's just an oar, a weapon and optionally a torch

Like a very small minority of players that kill CK do it without ice staffs, can you stop with these disingenuous replies? Do you really believe that a large portion of the playerbase can kill CK without a combat character only using oar, weapon and a torch? I don't think most players with like 5000 hours can do that because I am part of these players that don't want to go that far when practicing a boss fight and often use bees.

3 hours ago, grm9 said:

imo rolling back and making test worlds for practicing stuff is fine, even if you don't like practicing you could just do that once for an easy strat to make sure that you won't die even though it looks easy, although you're realistically going to survive anyway because taking damage isn't an issue in case of FW unless a nightmare stays aggroed for too long since he has a 2 seconds long attack anim and you can teleport out of the cage by using lazy explorer, so you can only possibly run out of stuff 

There's nothing wrong doing that but it is wrong when you do that and go to the forums and say a boss fight is fine when most players won't rollback practice these boss fights. Again, you can't say that someone should/can do it once when most players won't want to do that.

3 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Most of the players don't want to play like that and there's no point in forcing them or expecting of them to do that, that's why bosses can't be insanely difficult as this isn't a souls like game which was a perfect counter point that you brought up yourself where you only need to fight the boss and run back to it at most but DST is much more punishing

that's why you can either practice or get multiple people or get enough stuff to not need to practice or use cheese if klei wouldn't have removed it

4 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Like a very small minority of players that kill CK do it without ice staffs, can you stop with these disingenuous replies?

i thought that you were talking about minimal gear since that started with me mentioning that you can place another boat, which you normally wouldn't do when using ice staves because you prevent him from casting geysers and if you place another boat a claw'll get to it, assuming that the 1st boat was in a place where either 1 or 0 claws reach it

6 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Do you really believe that a large portion of the playerbase can kill CK without a combat character only using oar, weapon and a torch?

no, but most of them either haven't tried or aren't willing to practice enough

7 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

There's nothing wrong doing that but it is wrong when you do that and go to the forums and say a boss fight is fine when most players won't rollback practice these boss fights. Again, you can't say that someone should/can do it once when most players won't want to do that

moon glass is plentiful after CC so glass axes aren't an issue and brightshade repair kits are free, you don't need to spend that much stuff if you're using e.g. glass axes for toad and brightshade staff for FW, catapults also don't usually get broken for fighting BQ assuming that using celestial portal is fine

3 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

Most of the players don't want to play like that and there's no point in forcing them or expecting of them to do that, that's why bosses can't be insanely difficult as this isn't a souls like game which was a perfect counter point that you brought up yourself where you only need to fight the boss and run back to it at most but DST is much more punishing.

Like a very small minority of players that kill CK do it without ice staffs, can you stop with these disingenuous replies? Do you really believe that a large portion of the playerbase can kill CK without a combat character only using oar, weapon and a torch? I don't think most players with like 5000 hours can do that because I am part of these players that don't want to go that far when practicing a boss fight and often use bees.

There's nothing wrong doing that but it is wrong when you do that and go to the forums and say a boss fight is fine when most players won't rollback practice these boss fights. Again, you can't say that someone should/can do it once when most players won't want to do that.

Bold of you to assume they actually played enough of the game to justify their own "gospel", if they even played at all.

5 minutes ago, Reecitz said:

Bold of you to assume they actually played enough of the game to justify their own "gospel", if they even played at all

that's starting to look dumb, i've even posted multiple videos of myself playing it on the forums in different threads

10 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

I think the Klei should stop placing giants that require a minimum of combat capacity. Players are weak and lazy. Even butterflies must scare these people.

It was just a joke.  Relax.

Doesn't matter, unfortunately. 

o7 to you.

4 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

Like a very small minority of players that kill CK do it without ice staffs, can you stop with these disingenuous replies? Do you really believe that a large portion of the playerbase can kill CK without a combat character only using oar, weapon and a torch

If they actually tried, yes

1 hour ago, Reecitz said:

Bold of you to assume they actually played enough of the game to justify their own "gospel", if they even played at all.

why is your only argument "ur bad lawl skill issue XD"

• Sanity 1

I personally think Crab King is an incredible work by Klei, but I completely understand the players' difficulties, as I went through it until I learned how to defeat him alone.  Due to the difficulty, I think it should be an optional boss with a good reward.  But even so, players would continue to make complaints on the Forum.  Misery Toadstool is an optional giant and there are requests for a rework all the time.  So there's not much for Klei to do, except make its giants have a Treeguard combat system.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

If they actually tried, yes

why is your only argument "ur bad lawl skill issue XD"

Why is your only existence butting in where you don't belong?

20 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

I personally think Crab King is an incredible work by Klei, but I completely understand the players' difficulties, as I went through it until I learned how to defeat him alone.  Due to the difficulty, I think it should be an optional boss with a good reward.  But even so, players would continue to make complaints on the Forum.  Misery Toadstool is an optional giant and there are requests for a rework all the time.  So there's not much for Klei to do, except make its giants have a Treeguard combat system.

Like what someone else once said, bosses that favor multiple people the most are fine if they are kept as optional fights; it could be the fact that said boss is mandatory to progress a story arc and unlock more content that's making people despise Crab King more.

• Thanks 2