Clothing slots and Thermalstone

Clothing Slots and Thermal  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should Clothing have clothing slots?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. If clothing had storage space, how it would work?

• You make the clothes and you got the slots. Like making a backpack basically that degrades.
    • You have options to upgrade the clothing item to intergrate slots, like combining a certain backpack and the clothing item.
    • I'd like to have a separate slot when wearing clothing to get backpack on top.
    • Voted no.
  3. 3. What do you think of the thermalstone?

• Good, simple design. Don't need to do much, I always use it. Don't need a change.
    • Bad design with the options suggested, but it's more preferable. Not rushing for a change.
    • I don't use Thermals that much. I either don't like it or I don't need it.
    • I'd preffer more variety than Thermalstone forever-meta. I want some eventual change to this.
    • Having any kind of change to it is worrysome, as it could affect the game longterm in probably worse ways. Or better. Only Klei would show.
  4. 4. What's your favorite piece of bodyslot clothing?

• Puffy vest
    • Breezy vest
    • Dapper vest
    • Beager vest
    • Summer frest
    • Rain coat
    • Belt of Hunger
    • Floral shirt
    • Chirpy clothes (midsummer cawnival clothing selection)

A pole with questions, nothing much else needed to explain but just wanting to have them have a much bigger impact more in any stage of gameplay instead of thermal as the boring cheap option.

Clothes aren't that cheap, easier to just mine rocks to get thermals, or repair them with sewing kits with is silly by design.

Yea this is a radical change and radical request.

Feel free to comment your choices and thoughts.

• Like 1

Honestly i only use my body slot for either armor or extra storage. And i don't think that will change unless we get a separate slot for it. It might play with the games balance quite a bit though so i'm not sure. Also don't want to anger the uncompromising crybabies.

The thermal stone is better for combat since it doesn't require any slots, but clothing is better for everything else since it doesn't require constantly maintaining the temperature of every couple of minutes. Thermal stone will last 3-8 minutes depending on how you're heating/cooling it, while high tier clothing will let you go about 11 minutes with 1 piece and 20 minutes with 2 pieces. 

the only way to make clothes viable without adding their dedicated slot is to add slots to them, or give them interesting and useful abilities alongside a thermal stone nerf.

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

I don't need any change, but smaller backpacks or lategame backpacks or character specific backpacks with added bonuses like insulation would be great.

I usually use backpack and thermal in autumn in winter (because it is easier and more efficient to light a tree than to make endothermic fire and also it is a stage of the game where i still gather resources, so backpack is often a preference) and clothes in summer and spring. I think clothing is underrated and the sanity it gives you often overlooked.

20 hours ago, Cheggf said:

The thermal stone is better for combat since it doesn't require any slots, but clothing is better for everything else since it doesn't require constantly maintaining the temperature of every couple of minutes. Thermal stone will last 3-8 minutes depending on how you're heating/cooling it, while high tier clothing will let you go about 11 minutes with 1 piece and 20 minutes with 2 pieces

thermal stone is roughly 8.5 mins from 90 degrees, around 9 if you use shanter i assume, since insulation affects after how much time you'll reach 0 temperature after thermal becomes gray and beefalo hat is 10.5, count the 90 seconds spent heating up thermal by putting it near a tree and doing whatever nearby instead of standing in place for 70 seconds and the time is almost identical

Even pockets would do great just to have clothing for, or have clothing as sort of backpack alternatives you do same mechanic of dropping on the ground. Then again, maybe there being different types of clothing - ones that are light enough to keep a backpack on and giving average or decent stats while heavy ones would require to drop the backpack cause there's too much to get around to them.

It could also work like you could have a backpack on, but you can't access it cause of the vest obstructing your access to it. It would be some juggling to do when you wanna get to use what's inside, but you'll at least be able to carry over loot you find while staying comfortable.

I still am saying that Thermalstones are kinda lame, they made them so powerful in DST that nothing else compares for seasonal protection, personally speaking. I can juggle well between items and heat and cold, but I'd like to juggle slightly less without killing my extra inventory i can cram stuff on the go somewhere.

You know how closing backpack is a thing? Basically that. Wearing clothes would close backpack till taken off. Simple enough. Can't use that extra storage without stripping off the armor or clothing. You don't need pockets for clothes cause that'll act as such, but under the layer of clothing you gotta remove and give away some seconds to any element you'd get exposed to.

Clothing is pretty underwhelming because you have to be wearing it for the insulation to have any affect.

If you're used to using mags, armor or mining helm/moggles the thermal stone is honestly way more convenient because it lets you switch between all those in a pinch easily not to mention you can have a whole backpack.

Plus it's not hard to warm up a thermal stone by atleast a few degrees so you can quickly start moving with it again because it will still warm you up as you move along, you can even drop it right on top of the fire so it can warm up independently as you do your task since you can easily prevent frost damage with a nearby flame.

Even without nearby burnables even a piece of grass or twig is enough for a few degrees plus the convenient ambient warmth/light for whatever other purpose you're doing

Clothing shines a lot more in summer because you have the amazing luxury fan for instant cooling which matches perfectly with the eyebrella.

clothing would be perfect if it just increased your body temperature by a flat amount in addtion to the insulation, since in the warmer days of winter this could have the unique benefit of not having to warm up at all as long as you're wearing clothing

• Like 3

I don't wear any clothes simply because the backpack is a priority. Sacrificing 12 slots is not interesting.

Klei already allows infinite chests. Who knows, maybe it will finally accept the request of many members to create a clothing slot.

I believe that almost all players would approve of the improvement, but it would be good to leave the possibility of continuing in the current form in the settings menu for people who want to maintain the current mode. That way, it would please everyone.

I played with a friend that is very new to the game recently. He asked me "why the inventory is so small if we have to constantly bring and carry stuff". I then told him that the inv almost doubles with the krampus sack and that gift wraps/bundling wraps exist. He then said "but that's still small right?".

Now I wonder if we really need like 5-10 more slots or not..

2 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

clothing would be perfect if it just increased your body temperature by a flat amount in addtion to the insulation, since in the warmer days of winter this could have the unique benefit of not having to warm up at all as long as you're wearing clothing

We definitely need more ways to use clothing ALONGSIDE the thermal stone, not a substitute to it.

Honestly I think that they should add pockets to the winter and summer clothes. Like 2 slots for puffy vest, bearger vest, floral shirt, and rain coat. Then 4 slots for breezy vest, and summer frest. So you would be able to trade inventory slots for more insulation or have less insulation for more inventory slots (doesnt have to be those exact numbers, just the idea). I think that it would bring them from never being used to being a more interactive alternative. Might not help much for late game players with late game gear, but I think it would make the early game more interesting, especially for newer players. I think this would also allow the breezy vest/summer frest to still have a use alongside the puffy vest/floral shirt even though their insulation is lesser.

Edited by bigGMIW