1. 1. What is your skill level at dst?

• Can kill Deerclops alone
    • Can kill dragonfly alone
    • Can kill clear ruins alone
    • Can kill celestial champion alone
    • Can kill Fuelweaver alone
    • Struggling to survive
    • Speedrun fuelweaver before first summer as wes using bugnets

I'm curious what the forums community's skill level is. (Yes ik there are people who like simply playing rather than killing bosses, and just because you can do it solo doesn't mean you always will) This was the best way I could think of skill level.

doesn't really work because you can kill the same boss in harder ways e.g. compare brightshade staff lazy explorer nightmare amulet FW to dark sword, insanity food and sanity food and armor only FW and killing FW before summer isn't remotely impressive 

Edited by grm9
  • Like 1

I feel like CC and fuelweaver should be same category, considering it's still same endgame. Different bosses, different amount of time to use up to kill and farm or the wait, but same endgoal to beat. I ain't a speedrunner, but can defeat all in decent pace in couple or few years if I wanna really tryhard and kill all bosses, but I'm more of a relaxed player who prefers to take time and less stress to be put on while playing my little Starver's Crossing game.

3 minutes ago, Mx-Pain said:

where's the option "barely survive, getting killed by everything"?
My gf & I barely survive hound waves & sometimes we even died by just harvest honey bee.

struggling to survive would be accurate one

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

I feel like CC and fuelweaver should be same category

definitely not, minimal gear CC isn't remotely as hard as minimal gear FW and both are easy with easiest strats like insanity food and brightshade staff 

Just now, grm9 said:

definitely not, minimal gear CC isn't remotely as hard as minimal gear FW and both are easy with easiest strats like insanity food and brightshade staff 

It's more of the hurdle and knowledge to get to these bosses to kill them. It really doesn't matter by my definition of "who wears what armor" but rather expression of ability to know what is what and where.

And the ability to kill them after finding too. Forgot to add.

1 minute ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

It's more of the hurdle and knowledge to get to these bosses to kill them

not really, minimal gear FW is the hardest part of FW questline unlike CC

2 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

It really doesn't matter by my definition of "who wears what armor" but rather expression of ability to know what is what and where.

how is armor related to what i said?

• Like 1

Just now, grm9 said:

not really, minimal gear FW is the hardest part of FW questline unlike CC

how is armor related to what i said?

You're talking about difficulty, while yes CC is easier. Can't really roll face on keyboard and be able to kill either boss first time. Getting to kill both bosses still requires amount of exploration, grind, knowledge to do and that what matters to me more than the method of killing. There's many ways to kill anything, melee combat doesn't exactly have to be the main way to judge their skill level. It's just a grain in a pile of sand. Better yet, is to be able to kill them multiple times in any varied ways would be good way to tell what is good skill expression.

15 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

You're talking about difficulty

therefore which requires more skill to kill, which is what the poll is about, not knowledge 

Getting to kill both bosses still requires amount of exploration, grind, knowledge to do and that what matters to me more than the method of killing

i've just told you that FW fight is the harder part of the questline if you do it 1st autumn or decide to limit yourself to minimal gear

Better yet, is to be able to kill them multiple times in any varied ways would be good way to tell what is good skill expression

sentence doesn't make sense, if you meant that being able to kill it in different ways is more skilful than being able to kill it in the hardest way then it isn't, killing something in 2 hard ways isn't more impressive than killing it in the hardest way since there aren't really any ways to fight FW that make a part of the fight easy but another part of the fight harder than the hardest way to fight it

ig what i think skill is is different in comparison to what you think skill is 

Edited by grm9

36 minutes ago, grm9 said:

doesn't really work because you can kill the same boss in harder ways e.g. compare brightshade staff lazy explorer nightmare amulet FW to dark sword, insanity food and sanity food and armor only FW and killing FW before summer isn't remotely impressive 

Yeah, it should be classified whether you can kill three brightshades using only bugnets or not.

22 minutes ago, grm9 said:

Killing CC requires you to kill CK and do the Pearl quest which is way harder than killing both the minotaur and the shadow trio. Therefore, CC is harder.

11 minutes ago, Valase said:

Yeah, it should be classified whether you can kill three brightshades using only bugnets or not

is that a joke? there are reasons to kill FW without AoE or even minimal gear even when playing normally, unlike using bug nets 

11 minutes ago, Valase said:

Killing CC requires you to kill CK and do the Pearl quest which is way harder than killing both the minotaur and the shadow trio. Therefore, CC is harder

crabby hermit's questline isn't remotely hard, you just need to get a lot of stuff that usually isn't guarded nor dropped by anything dangerous, CK also depends on how you kill him, bees or ice staves and weather pains or just a weapon and an oar 

• Like 1

My argument that killing a boss in general isn't a determined factor to what skill level should be measured. There's a lot of cogs and bits to this game to know and learn to use and employ or exploit any means possible to dealing with any situation. There are unfair encounters and there are those that made to be battled out as basic as they may feel.

Resource management, building, farming, fighting... There's too that's not mentioned when it comes to skill, it all comes down to showing how well one knows the game and how well they tackle with each challenge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

My argument that killing a boss in general isn't a determined factor to what skill level should be measured. There's a lot of cogs and bits to this game to know and learn to use and employ or exploit any means possible to dealing with any situation. There are unfair encounters and there are those that made to be battled out as basic as they may feel.

Resource management, building, farming, fighting... There's too that's not mentioned when it comes to skill, it all comes down to showing how well one knows the game and how well they tackle with each challenge.

As I said boss killing was my best way to measure skill. Yes ik there are other things but a boss challenges movement, item switching, and having the equipment. I can't measure base building for skill or just being an extremly good wood farmer.

Just now, ChintzyGnat said:

As I said boss killing was my best way to measure skill. Yes ik there are other things but a boss challenges movement, item switching, and having the equipment. I can't measure base building for skill or just being an extremly good wood farmer.

Not to mention adaptability and knowledge. There's many stressful situations in the world that happen all the time and with yourself and how you narrowly dodge it all it kinda then shows how one's skill is. Kinda the reasons to why I would rate CC and Fuelweaver on same pedestal cause it takes a journey each to do to reach.

44 minutes ago, ChintzyGnat said:

Clowns out here arguing that yes killing fuelweaver as wes is harder than wolfgang

not even remotely related to what we were arguing about nor is there another argument in the thread 

45 minutes ago, ChintzyGnat said:

I don't care just that you can kill him

the point was that if killing FW is the highest level aside from a joke and killing him with brightshade staff and gunpowder is still killing him, it'd be better to add some more options

I can kill Fuelweaver solo, and I have, but I marked down ruins since I typically gunpowder and dark sword him with weather pains.
I have never once touched Celestial Champion solo. I just don't like the drops, even post rift.

• Like 1

Ruins, weaver, champ, and deerclops are the only things I’ve tried alone, and I cheated resources for the end bosses, I only like this as a multiplayer game, so most of my experience is disqualified both from your solo check, and from players generally disregarding bosses and the end boss questlines.

I’m not sure what I should check.