Buff shroom lamps already dear God.

Enlightened shards are an excuse to make players fight CC more than once. But now that we can use them to upgrade storage we have plenty of reasons to repeat the fight. This is enough.

Unlike tall chests that can eventually store every stackable resource ever, i can never have enough lamps, not untill I'll remove every bit of darkness from my world. To say that I'm tired of repeating CC and storm is an understatement. 

Please spare me klei, CC farming is beyond repetitive. It's the opposite of having fun. Let the shroom spores last forever in a shroom lamp without the shards! Having infinite stationary light is NOT a big deal. 

• Like 4
  • Ninja 1

4 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Enlightened shards are an excuse to make players fight CC more than once. But now that we can use them to upgrade storage we have plenty of reasons to repeat the fight. This is enough.

Unlike tall chests that can eventually store every stackable resource ever, i can never have enough lamps, not untill I'll remove every bit of darkness from my world. To say that I'm tired of repeating CC and storm is an understatement. 

Please spare me klei, CC farming is beyond repetitive. It's the opposite of having fun. Let the shroom spores last forever in a shroom lamp without the shards! Having infinite stationary light is NOT a big deal. 

Actually having infinite light is pretty strong in this game, but think that the game now is like an early access cause you know all the stuff post "final bosses" klei is adding(hard mode inspiration i guess), so in one point of all this mess klei is gonna add the real final bosses and maybe after beating them you can gain acces to relly powerfull stuff like the thing you are suggesting, who knows, lest wait to see what klei is planning for the future.

11 minutes ago, NekoSoulx said:

Actually having infinite light is pretty strong in this game, but think that the game now is like an early access cause you know all the stuff post "final bosses" klei is adding(hard mode inspiration i guess), so in one point of all this mess klei is gonna add the real final bosses and maybe after beating them you can gain acces to relly powerfull stuff like the thing you are suggesting, who knows, lest wait to see what klei is planning for the future.

I'm not gonna sugarcoat it 

images.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

mind you, one can get a little bit of infinite light (with heat as a bonus) from killing just dragonfly.

since the mushroom lamps are locked behind fata** toad, I doubt it would be that OP Imo.

especially since you have to get at least 1 mushroom spore for them to be activated.

• Like 2

As I see lamps being already pretty good I find this post quite strange, one celestial champion fight is enough for 6 lamps, I am not sure why you'd need such a huge amount as you say.

I got a world with the base pretty well lit up including most of the ruins and it's not like super tedious, maybe cuz I enjoy fighting champion.

I'd suggest placing your lamps effectively, not too close from each other as to waste the least amount of space possible.

However I do agree on maybe not making everything use crown shards.

I made a lamp once. I put in Lightbugs then feed them every few days.
Little maintenance but I don't have to go out and gather resources since I garden anyway.

• Hunger 1

I can't say no to maybe a new way to obtain the crown shards post rift activation that isn't CC, still something though but different would be welcome (I just want more late-game enemies at this point).

Think about it this way, to even craft these lamps reliably you need to kill Misery Toadstool, a boss with 99,999 HP. And then on top of that, they aren't even infinite. You have to kill Celestial Champion, which to even do in the first place, requires: Completing the Pearl questline, Visiting both Ruins and Lunar island, Doing Moonstone event on a full moon, Activating Archives, Killing Crab King (yet another boss to the tally), and then helping Wagstaff during Moon storms to finally get the materials to summon CC.

All of this effort just to make 6 lamps give off infinite light. 3 Bosses dead and nearly half of the game's non-boss content done, and you have to do moonstorms and then kill CC again to make 6 more lamps infinite.

Why? Why is killing Misery Toadstool by itself not already sufficient? You kill Dragonfly and get infinite heat and infinite light (albeit at the cost of overheating most of the time), and some ruins gems as an added bonus. You kill Bee Queen and get a semi-permanent solution to food spoilage, the ability to carry significantly more items at the cost of grass, AND access to one of the best healing items in the game.

Yet kill Misery Toadstool and all you get is... some funny hats that spit out spores and slow your hunger drain, a lamp that you have to refuel twice a year, and a throwable bomb that puts enemies to sleep. 99,999HP and a 30ish minute boss fight when solo and that's it? Toadstool drops are pretty underwhelming for the amount of HP it has, especially when compared to other boss fights and their loot. Oh, and once you kill Misery you have no reason to refight Toadstool or Misery Toad ever again since you can duplicate shroom skins at that point, whereas you always have reasons to refight bosses like Dragonfly, Bee Queen, Klaus, Ancient Fuelweaver, Ancient Guardian, Celestial Champion, etc.

Please either make Glowcaps give infinite light when given mushroom spores, or give Toadstool some actually good drops worth fighting him for.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CuteC said:

As I see lamps being already pretty good I find this post quite strange, one celestial champion fight is enough for 6 lamps, I am not sure why you'd need such a huge amount as you say.

I want to make caves so bright I could travel them without a light source. I'm not sure why I'm being fun blocked right now, I want to have 1000 lamps because I want to. Do I need a better reason? It would cost me 4000 spores and 192 green gems if they'd last forever, is this not enough of a price to pay for a meaningless goal? 

14 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

I want to make caves so bright I could travel them without a light source. I'm not sure why I'm being fun blocked right now, I want to have 1000 lamps because I want to. Do I need a better reason? It would cost me 4000 spores and 192 green gems if they'd last forever, is this not enough of a price to pay for a meaningless goal? 

You don't need 1000 lamps to travel to relevant locations. You only need 1000 if you wanna light up literally everything at which point yeah I think killing CC 666 times isnt that much of an ask tbh, you're choosing to undertake a massive gigantic project.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

I'm more annoyed about not being able customize shroom lights when they got celestial crown shards in and only gives us one slot to have as forever color light.

Do you not know that a crown shard in a mushlight/glowcap makes every other slot in said glowcap last forever? They did that specifically for that reason in particular (although you can also use it as a funny way to store things like glow berries as well because of it)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

Do you not know that a crown shard in a mushlight/glowcap makes every other slot in said glowcap last forever? They did that specifically for that reason in particular (although you can also use it as a funny way to store things like glow berries as well because of it)

When did they do that??? Huuuuh

51 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

When did they do that??? Huuuuh

that was there since the CC update iirc

Edited by grm9
  • Like 1