Scrappy Werepig/NM Werepig repeatable fight solution

So I heard you guys were struggling with a method to allow players to refight the original NM Werepig, and so, here we are again, a place for me to kindly ask. Make him killable.

Killing NM werepig would prevent him from moving into the scrapyard, and force him to respawn in the caves, killing the scrappy version would force him to respawn back in the caves, and keeping the scrappy version alive would let him respawn in the Junkyard, allowing both fights to be repeatable at the players discretion. Another thing I would like is if the Frost jaw also had a choice to murdalize it. Killing them is not permanent they respawn like every other boss, I feel like need to spell this out for some people.

more information about killing them can be found in the original ask thread as well.

Edited by WhackE
title made clearer for intended suggestion
  • Like 13
  • Sanity 1

Nooooo you can't kill an important lore npc if you kill him he will die in real life. 

Instead make him go back and forth or get him 5 more places to get trapped in. 

7 hours ago, WhackE said:

So I heard you guys were struggling with a method to allow players to refight the original NM Werepig, and so, here we are again, a place for me to kindly ask. Make him killable.

Killing NM werepig would prevent him from moving into the scrapyard, and force him to respawn in the caves, killing the scrappy version would force him to respawn back in the caves, and keeping the scrappy version alive would let him respawn in the Junkyard, allowing both fights to be repeatable at the players discretion. Another thing I would like is if the Frost jaw also had a choice to murdalize it. Killing them is not permanent they respawn like every other boss, I feel like need to spell this out for some people.

more information about killing them can be found in the original ask thread as well.

If they were to do this:

If you spare him, he would give you some bonus dreadstone and fuel he found.

If you kill him, free pig skin and meat.

It would be good to have some instant benifits.

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

4 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

If you spare him, he would give you some bonus dreadstone and fuel he found

he wants to kill you even after you take away his pure horror

5 minutes ago, grm9 said:

because more people look at this part of the forums

I mean I get that, but I'd imagine there's a higher chance of these things not getting lost in the void and actually being more likely to be considered for the future.

Then again, I feel like nobody really cares anyway so whats the point i guess

• Shopcat 1

I’ve always interpreted the respawning of mobs as not a rebirth of the same mob but the birth of a new mob of the same type. It’s not the same deerclops you fight every year, for instance.

nPC’s with distinctive personalities and memories, on the other hand, are being framed as more unique with their own progression. If you drown Pearl, the next Pearl won’t remember you or have the same relationship with survivors. The Frostmaw that moves around the world is unique. Werepig is unique and has his own storyline and progression which will be flushed out in future updates.

It’s because of these NPC’s uniqueness that it doesn’t make sense to canonically kill them. There are other considerable options for controlling where piggus spawns. Death option does not strike me as a rational solution here.

Edited by JazzyGames
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, JazzyGames said:

The Frostmaw that moves around the world is unique

it isn't, it changes own name every time it respawns

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

There are other considerable options for controlling where piggus spawns. Death option does not strike me as a rational solution here.

Yeah absolutely. I understand the desire to try to fit an existing thing you want in at any possible opportunity, but this simply doesn't make sense with the lore that's clearly being built on around this character. This specific implementation also sounds hella confusing from a first-time perspective (my experience is that most people's first time fighting the Werepig will have them keep attacking him for quite a while after he's downed before realizing he's invincible now, so a lot of people would simply end up killing him and never find out about the junkyard fight at all, or the entire implied line of Werepig appearances after that!)

Edited by finn from human

14 hours ago, mykenception said:

and we're back again

Klei already said they have plans for these NPCs later on

And we're back again to shutting down ideas because you don't agree with it or because klei stated something. Omagahdddddddd

Gotta love removing choice from the player because 'the lourrrr'

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

I’ve always interpreted the respawning of mobs as not a rebirth of the same mob but the birth of a new mob of the same type. It’s not the same deerclops you fight every year, for instance.

nPC’s with distinctive personalities and memories, on the other hand, are being framed as more unique with their own progression. If you drown Pearl, the next Pearl won’t remember you or have the same relationship with survivors. The Frostmaw that moves around the world is unique. Werepig is unique and has his own storyline and progression which will be flushed out in future updates.

It’s because of these NPC’s uniqueness that it doesn’t make sense to canonically kill them. There are other considerable options for controlling where piggus spawns. Death option does not strike me as a rational solution here.

I get where you're coming from, and it's okay if you and other people don't agree with my suggestion because of how Klei is framing the whole encounters with these bosses. You're allowed to disagree with me, that's okay. But consider this, Gameplay should always have more precedence over Lore.

Also, not too sure why you're bringing Pearl into this, yes, you can reset her by drowning her that's more of a fail safe so she's not gone forever and more of an exploit. You also can't fight her, so she doesn't really apply here like with the two big boys I'm talking about.

Edited by WhackE
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, WhackE said:

I get where you're coming from, and it's okay if you and other people don't agree with my suggestion because of how Klei is framing the whole encounters with these bosses. You're allowed to disagree with me, that's okay. But consider this, Gameplay should always have more precedence over Lore.

Also, not too sure why you're bringing Pearl into this, yes, you can reset her by drowning her that's more of a fail safe so she's not gone forever and more of an exploit. You also can't fight her, so she doesn't really apply here like with the two big boys I'm talking about.

To be clear I think its possible a way to create a controllable spawning mechanic that satisfies both a lore and gameplay perspective. I agree that it would be robust to have some control over where he spawns.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhackE said:

Whether it dies, or says a few things and vanishes has no impact on gameplay.  Either way you won that fight and got your rewards.  Its okay for lore to take precedence here.

• Like 1

Daywalker is supposed to be a running joke: you beat him up, he comes back with different gear and look and you beat him again. Rinse and repeat untill the devs get bored of reusing his model and put some closure to this "arc"

• Sanity 1
  • Spooky 1

Anyone is struggling at getting scrappy werepig? It feels like he appears only underground after killing scrappy one and the pile I keep digging doesn't pull him out. Either some bug or that I was picking that pile from a beefalo to bug it, but I don't see werepig respawning upstairs in the pile I dig.

6 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Anyone is struggling at getting scrappy werepig? It feels like he appears only underground after killing scrappy one and the pile I keep digging doesn't pull him out. Either some bug or that I was picking that pile from a beefalo to bug it, but I don't see werepig respawning upstairs in the pile I dig.

Yeah the junkyard pig is still not respawning

• Sad Dupe 1