This is a Wonkey bug I've had since 2022...

You can see in the video that whenever I turn into Wonkey, my game just freezes for a second. When I turn back to Wilson, my game freezes again. Also, Wonkey has never appeared in my character line up screen for item collection button. This has been like this since the Curse of the Moon Quay's release back in 2022... I have no idea why this is happening to me.

Edited by Gloooom
spelling fixes
  • Like 7

It looks like somehow your game is missing the full transformation animations, both in becoming Wonkey and reverting back. I have no clue how you fix it.. try pinging a Developer for help.

I'm not sure it's a "bug."
I, and my peers also have this.

There's always a huge lag spike, I imagined it was the 'seamless' character transition. I imagine the pause was to mask the transition.

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

It looks like somehow your game is missing the full transformation animations, both in becoming Wonkey and reverting back. I have no clue how you fix it.. try pinging a Developer for help.

How would I ping a developer to this thread? I'm very new the the forums.

9 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

I just assumed that the game doesn't like you switching characters like that and the lag spike was just an unfortunate side effect of this.

Yeah I think it's just this. The same sort of lag spike happens for everyone when someone switches character at the celestial portal.