Shipwrecked and Hamlet characters in don't starve together

So hi, l'm new here. I have been thinking about this and I want to share my thoughts... when are the other's characters from Shipwrecked and Hamlet are going to be joined in DST?.

so far we have Warly (from SW) and Wormwood (from Hamlet), when I saw klei add them to DST for the first time. it made me think "oh cool, klei are going to add all the DLCs characters from don't starve into DST. so people don't have to play Don't Starve and buy the DLCs to see if they like the character or not." but years later... we still have Warly & Wormwood.

I am 100% fine with klei making new character for DST like Wurt, Wortox, Wanda, etc. but to me, it feel like klei just forgot about Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wilba, and Wheeler. as well since klei is making skill trees a thing In DST, this could bring new life in these Shipwrecked & Hamlet characters. and new ways to play DST, it could be really cool to see them in don't starve together.

Also, idk if klei will make Wagstaff a playable characters in DST since it look like he is going to be a very important for the storyline in DST.

so what you guys think of this?...

19 minutes ago, Auth said:

Klei has said they have no future plans to port any more DLC characters to DST.

When and where did they say this? Because JoeW once said that there was a possibility of adding Walani to the game now that the game well you know, actually has a sailable ocean.

I have no idea where to find the exact quote about that, but I’m pretty sure someone can fish it up for you.

(personally I’m not holding out on much hope of them ever being added to dst) but still, If you have proof that they have no plains to add SW/Ham characters please paste that here. :( 

It's hard to keep to the "no plans to do so" thing, since that was the very basis for Dst's existence. 

"will you make a multiplayer version of this game we like?"

"no, we have no plans of doing it"

*does it anyway*

really wouldn't shock me if more or strongly changed around versions of the characters made their way over, probably would just be some time, although in the defense of the characters we did get, warly and wormwood, they are pretty well designed already with warly receiving some tweaks and additions and wormwood basically being ported over.

characters like woodlegs, wilba or wheeler would probably need some adjustments to fit in better with the current state of dst. Although realistically i think the real thing holding them back is the fact that all the characters are getting skill trees now so it would present some issues speed wise, the devs seem to need the time to really hammer away at the details function wise and design wise.      

6 hours ago, ZeRoboButler said:

It's hard to keep to the "no plans to do so" thing, since that was the very basis for Dst's existence. 

"will you make a multiplayer version of this game we like?"

"no, we have no plans of doing it"

*does it anyway*

really wouldn't shock me if more or strongly changed around versions of the characters made their way over, probably would just be some time, although in the defense of the characters we did get, warly and wormwood, they are pretty well designed already with warly receiving some tweaks and additions and wormwood basically being ported over.

characters like woodlegs, wilba or wheeler would probably need some adjustments to fit in better with the current state of dst. Although realistically i think the real thing holding them back is the fact that all the characters are getting skill trees now so it would present some issues speed wise, the devs seem to need the time to really hammer away at the details function wise and design wise.      

I see, thanks pal.

6 hours ago, ZeRoboButler said:

wormwood basically being ported over. 

This is so false though, lol I mean yeah maybe at first he was just a port over, but THEN he had to have multiplayer balance changes and more recently he got a Skill Tree that was a Jumbled up Mess of every Wormwood Mains Fantasy Character.

WW was changed so much that to me he doesn’t even feel like the same character anymore.

Maybe we will get definitive news in this years roadmap of “hey we’re going to eventually add the SW/Ham Characters to the cast” or “we have no plans to EVER add the remaining solo DS characters to DST.”

I keep holding out hope they’ll add the rest of Solo DS playable characters cast, but it would be nice to finally know for sure Y/N.

1 hour ago, Ryusuta said:

Hypothetically, I'd be curious what the interactions between Wilba and Wurt would be like.

same here

1 hour ago, Paxtonnnn said:

As interesting as it’d be to see quotes between even more characters and to see how each would be reworked, I feel like for now DST has enough characters.

yeah I guess so

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is so false though, lol I mean yeah maybe at first he was just a port over, but THEN he had to have multiplayer balance changes and more recently he got a Skill Tree that was a Jumbled up Mess of every Wormwood Mains Fantasy Character.

WW was changed so much that to me he doesn’t even feel like the same character anymore.

Maybe we will get definitive news in this years roadmap of “hey we’re going to eventually add the SW/Ham Characters to the cast” or “we have no plans to EVER add the remaining solo DS characters to DST.”

I keep holding out hope they’ll add the rest of Solo DS playable characters cast, but it would be nice to finally know for sure Y/N.

yeah, I do hope klei just straight up tell us that SW/Ham Characters are going to be in DST or not. if they do show up in dst, I will be happy, if not. then good thing there is the workshop

7 minutes ago, zhangsheng said:

If the pirate captain can return, it would be best to update the new marine ecosystem with his return.

if that does happen, can already imagine people doing a challenge of "How Long Can You Survive in ocean Without Leaving" or something like that.

I wish they added wagstaff to dst. so much potential for new lore. Now I know his hologram appears around the world but this could be easily fixed. When theres someone playing as wagstaff on the server the hologram doesn't appear, instead the player does everything the hologram would. Crafts the tools, captures the moonstorm static, activates rifts, etc.

21 hours ago, Mrkillwolf said:

So hi, l'm new here. I have been thinking about this and I want to share my thoughts... when are the other's characters from Shipwrecked and Hamlet are going to be joined in DST?.

so far we have Warly (from SW) and Wormwood (from Hamlet), when I saw klei add them to DST for the first time. it made me think "oh cool, klei are going to add all the DLCs characters from don't starve into DST. so people don't have to play Don't Starve and buy the DLCs to see if they like the character or not." but years later... we still have Warly & Wormwood.

I am 100% fine with klei making new character for DST like Wurt, Wortox, Wanda, etc. but to me, it feel like klei just forgot about Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wilba, and Wheeler. as well since klei is making skill trees a thing In DST, this could bring new life in these Shipwrecked & Hamlet characters. and new ways to play DST, it could be really cool to see them in don't starve together.

Also, idk if klei will make Wagstaff a playable characters in DST since it look like he is going to be a very important for the storyline in DST.

so what you guys think of this?...

I'm happy they don't add these characters. I also don't want Wagstaff as a character.

It's kinda hard to implement most of the other characters because most of them would need huge reworks to bring something new to the table.

Wilbur is literally the same as Wonkey, they'd have to give him new abilities and balance the game around that.

Walani's surfboard would be incredibly overpowered for the vision Klei had for sailing, and her other perk is a nerf to positive and negative sanity auras which many other characters do. You may say ''Just bring the surfboard in OP regardless!" But I'd also say that Weregoose already does the ''Travels the water easily'' thing, and the ocean isn't really expansive enough to justify a character like her.

Woodlegs could arguably be ported to the boat system in DST, getting a unique and awesome boat, but the ''does boat stuff faster'' is something Wolfgang already does, they can add it but you gotta ask if Klei is willing to take the time to make an entirely new character who is just an amalgamation of other characters(I know these exist within the cast already, but that just serves to argue they shouldn't do it even MORE).   his inclusion would probably require various assets and reworks to various ocean mechanics. 

They could make his character primarily focused on what they originally intended for him, to curse him to turn into a skeleton under certain conditions(Like pirates of the carribean) but idk how that would work and how that would really change his character.

Wilba is kind of a better Woodie(pre-DST) as well as a follower character, we already have Webber and Wurt for mass-follower characters, Wurt has the theme of royalty in her merms which wouldn't make Wilba unique, and her wereform turns her into a speed-multiplier, HP regenerating, night vision, tentacle-spike damage dealing powerhouse that can chop and mine without using tool durability and still has access to her inventory. She'd have to undergo massive balance changes to not make her a straight upgrade to woodie, or copy other follower characters.

Wheeler is imo straight up overpowered, a free I-frame dodge that requires no resources and moves her fast, a free ranged weapon that can be loaded with trash to nearly out-compete Walter's slingshot, a passive movement speed bonus for emptying her inventory, etc. She's pretty much all perks, she'd have to be nerfed considerably and changed in a way that doesn't make her a straight, like literally dead-set upgrade to Walter.

Anything you add to Wagstaff could thematically be given to Winona, and most of his baseline abilities are pretty bad. His bad vision is also just...kind of annoying? Do people really like his vision downside? It just obfuscates the game and his headslot pieces dedicated to fixing it often narrow your vision, why do we keep getting items that narrow vision? Am I the only one who just hates that?  Anyway his Tellebrella has a very limited range, and his beam-goggles are just kind of gimmicky. The thumper is actually good though, but it would absolutely decimate both Maxwell and Woodie in terms of gathering wood. He's in a difficult position to add, either anything you add to him would have fit Winona better, or he just gets added in his weird state and kinda humiliates Maxwell and Woodie as a chopper.

Warbucks however is a gentleman and a scholar, striking a powerful and majestic pose with a literal shotgun in his portrait. He seeks wealth and fortune, and does not settle for lesser foods, he only eats the best dishes. Adding him to the game would greatly improve character variety and bring an amazing skillset to the table. 

21 hours ago, cropo said:

Wheeler is imo straight up overpowered, a free I-frame dodge

it only allows you to do a few extra hits if you dodge correctly, kiting is easier and doesn't drain armor durability even after successfully dodging and wanda/wolfgang/maxwell would still do more dps   

upgrade to Walter

empty inventory wheeler has 17% more speed than other characters aside from using dodge to move faster while walter on woby has 67% more speed and wheeler isn't immune to passive sanity drain from anything other than magic items

Walani's surfboard would be incredibly overpowered

it would just be crab king cheese and goose replacement and she doesn't have anything else

Wilba is kind of a better Woodie(pre-DST) as well as a follower character, we already have Webber and Wurt for mass-follower characters, Wurt has the theme of royalty in her merms which wouldn't make Wilba unique, and her wereform turns her into a speed-multiplier, HP regenerating, night vision, tentacle-spike damage dealing powerhouse that can chop and mine without using tool durability and still has access to her inventory. She'd have to undergo massive balance changes to not make her a straight upgrade to woodie, or copy other follower characters

woodie's wereforms require you to spend 3 monster meat and 2 logs/grass/3 seeds to transform, often result in having more effective hunger in comparison to not transforming and you can exit them within 30 seconds anytime, wilba's lasts 1 day and she needs to not use body slot to prevent the transformation, she has x5 hunger drain during it, can't equip armor and doesn't have built in absorption during transformation like woodie's 90% as moose iirc, i bet they won't add her at least because they don't want people that don't know how to play as her to sit at base and eat everything in the fridge while waiting for the transformation to end

10 hours ago, cropo said:

Wilbur is literally the same as Wonkey, they'd have to give him new abilities and balance the game around that.

Added perk of throwing s...

10 hours ago, cropo said:

Warbucks however is a gentleman and a scholar, striking a powerful and majestic pose with a literal shotgun in his portrait. He seeks wealth and fortune, and does not settle for lesser foods, he only eats the best dishes. Adding him to the game would greatly improve character variety and bring an amazing skillset to the table. 

They wont add him cause he's a coloniser and "culturally insensitive" (even though hamlet pigs resemble colonisers themselves). Actually if that's insensitive than how are mants not insensitive. Klei also said they didn't think his gameplay was good.

17 hours ago, Neco Arc said:

I wish they added wagstaff to dst. so much potential for new lore. Now I know his hologram appears around the world but this could be easily fixed. When theres someone playing as wagstaff on the server the hologram doesn't appear, instead the player does everything the hologram would. Crafts the tools, captures the moonstorm static, activates rifts, etc.

nice

5 hours ago, . . . said:

everytime i see a post like this my faith in the dst community is restored. we do need all of the characters in dst 100%

same here bro

On 1/15/2024 at 10:55 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I sure hope so. When is the 2024 Roadmap coming out, anyway???

On 1/16/2024 at 7:41 PM, grm9 said:

empty inventory wheeler has 17% more speed than other characters aside from using dodge to move faster while walter on woby has 67% more speed and wheeler isn't immune to passive sanity drain from anything other than magic items

She also doesn't go insane instantly when you get hit by a stiff breeze. She also doesn't lock you to use beefalo to at least be a half decent character. Also using Woby requires upkeep of monster meat and she can also kill you by bucking you off at unfortunate times mid-fight. Also sliding around is scientifically proven 100% more fun than riding an animal.

Archived