What are your next year's content expectations?

You: "Why does KLEI keep pushing garbage filler updates, pointless character reworks, half-baked content and boring new bosses??"

"Theres almost nothing fun or engaging to do anymore... Hold F + dodge, lol wow KLEI."

Also You:

Spoiler

*this player has 1,500 hours played in Don't Starve Together.*

*80 hours played last 2 weeks.*

Honestly my expectations are just the rest of what we already know is coming. They made a lots of big changes this year and so far it only seems shallow cause it's not built upon like the rest of the game. If the big changes stop and we just get the rest of the content, the controversy will die out eventually and the post rift game will have a more complete feeling. Just look at how much host of horrors helped the initial rifts. So i trust Klei :)

2 hours ago, Lvb said:

You: "Why does KLEI keep pushing garbage filler updates, pointless character reworks, half-baked content and boring new bosses??"

"Theres almost nothing fun or engaging to do anymore... Hold F + dodge, lol wow KLEI."

Also You:

Reveal hidden contents

Why of course, after playing a game for many years you are obliged to no longer consider it "for you" as well as stop giving any feedback or opinions. Stop playing the game altogether after the 1000 hours mark, while we're at it

2 hours ago, Lvb said:

Also You:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.0a96f9b17a97f87bdbcba59bdbd142ee.png

my last 200 hours have  been spent afking in god mode or in main menu for a reason

42 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

as well as stop giving any feedback or opinions.

Oh dont worry, there's no risk of that. This community will continue giving their "feedback".

It's just funny to me that the most vocal negative/pessimistic voices have managed to keep playing for thousands of hours.

Try this style of "feedback" in a relationship and tell me how it goes for you. :wilson_goodjob:

5 minutes ago, Lvb said:

It's just funny to me that the most vocal negative/pessimistic voices have managed to keep playing for thousands of hours.

If they simply stopped playing they wouldn't give feedback on the forums, instead they would probably leave a negative review on Steam and never come back.

This is just survivorship bias.

54 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Stop playing the game altogether after the 1000 hours mark, while we're at it

If you're no longer enjoying it, or the development of it, then unironically yes.

12 hours ago, cropo said:

This also benefits console players, not that I care about them, who are at an innate disadvantage with inventory management and unprepared to fight old-world type bosses with 20 different items they need to quickly swap around with.

Why is it that every single post I've ever seen that portrays item swapping as a bad thing has to resort to exaggerating the amount of items that have to be swapped to? If your concern about swapping items is so valid, then surely it wouldn't be necessary to exaggerate the number? Why don't you actually say how many items it is? Or is it because you'll have to admit that it's something like 3 lol

38 minutes ago, Lvb said:

I have a revelation for you: maybe they've just kept playing the old content that they like because the new updates haven't removed that

1 hour ago, Lvb said:

Well yeah, I love this game and don't want it to get worse

I still play on my 5000 day world, there's stuff to do, turf to replace, bosses to farm, smallbirds to raise. I don't touch the parts of the game I dislike, or interact with them as little as possible. I was playing with my friends a week ago and we had a blast. This game is still good, and full of content I want to interact with.

6 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Well yeah, I love this game and don't want it to get worse

Looking at your posts, you are clearly not who I was aiming that comment at. If you browse these forums for a while, you know who I'm talking about.

3 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

Why is it that every single post I've ever seen that portrays item swapping as a bad thing has to resort to exaggerating the amount of items that have to be swapped to? If your concern about swapping items is so valid, then surely it wouldn't be necessary to exaggerate the number? Why don't you actually say how many items it is? Or is it because you'll have to admit that it's something like 3 lol

It would be ''3'' if item durability was infinite.

7 hours ago, Antynomity said:

snip

If you are afking, does it count as playing at all..? Are you having fun with it? If you do, good for you, but all this makes me feel like you're doing some kind of mental gymnastics about 'Look at me! I'm playing the game!'

9 hours ago, Lvb said:

Looking at your posts, you are clearly not who I was aiming that comment at. If you browse these forums for a while, you know who I'm talking about.

Let's go I finally achieved that 'uncompromising crowd' status here 

4 hours ago, somethin said:

If you are afking, does it count as playing at all..? Are you having fun with it? If you do, good for you, but all this makes me feel like you're doing some kind of mental gymnastics about 'Look at me! I'm playing the game!'

It doesn't count as playing, it's called afking for item drops.

I do still play, however it is true that most of my recent 'playtime' on steam was just afking while doing something else.

I like numbers growing bigger, that's all, once I'm done with my duo mostly blind terraria expert play through I'll go back to playing... Most likely!

11 hours ago, Antynomity said:

Let's go I finally achieved that 'uncompromising crowd' status here 

You posted a drooling cat and some nonsense about grinding skins. You certainly weren't who I had in mind. We even agree on other topics on the forums lol

16 minutes ago, Lvb said:

You posted a drooling cat and some nonsense about grinding skins. You certainly weren't who I had in mind. We even agree on other topics on the forums lol

Why didn't you just say who you had in mind, to not cause confusion?:wilson_curious:

12 hours ago, Lvb said:

Ye naw you're good, I'm just messing around!

On 1/3/2024 at 11:59 AM, cropo said:

Fuelweaver is a battle with your inventory more than it is against the boss

3 buttoms...

Bee Queen literally drove most players to learn how to utilize cheese and bullcrap to avoid fighting her legitimately,

Because some players are lazy/unskilled in videogames doesnt mean the boss is bad

Crab King is just horrible for most players in general.

Only for solo players. Fighting him rowing is so fun

Needs a refresh to incentive rowing over just spam freeze and a direct stack so he can kill mobs

New bosses are repetitive. Moon deerclops and bearger are so scripted. "Gladly" you only want 1 ark for the bin since the other recipes are worthless and they dont drop loot

17 minutes ago, arubaro said:

3 buttoms...

If durability was infinite, 5 buttons. One for weapon, one for explorer, one for amulet, one for weather pain, one for sanity food. 6 if you need to deal. This is assuming durability is infinite, and that your inventory is not going to re-arrange itself unfavorably as the fight drags on. 

19 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Because some players are lazy/unskilled in videogames doesnt mean the boss is bad

You chalk it up to lack of skill and/or lazyness, I don't agree. People can beat BQ and do so quite often, most people don't find themselves having fun doing so and expedite the fight as much as possible unless they're showing off the new skill tree speedrun day-3 strat to get that update nerfed.

20 minutes ago, arubaro said:

"Gladly" you only want 1 ark for the bin since the other recipes are worthless and they dont drop loot

I don't know what this means.

23 minutes ago, arubaro said:

New bosses are repetitive. Moon deerclops and bearger are so scripted

I would say every boss is quite repetitive, and yeah Crystalclops and Crystalger aren't that difficult.  Spider Queen was one of the first bosses and she wasn't ever difficult either, I don't think they're going to make the first bosses out of the gate too difficult.

6 minutes ago, cropo said:

If durability was infinite, 5 buttons. One for weapon, one for explorer, one for amulet, one for weather pain, one for sanity food. 6 if you need to deal. This is assuming durability is infinite, and that your inventory is not going to re-arrange itself unfavorably as the fight drags on. 

You have plenty of time to heal health and sanity when he is shielded...

The inventory doesn't re-arrange itself if you know how it works

7 minutes ago, cropo said:

day-3 strat to get that update nerfed.

When this happened???

BQ had room for improvements but people would cheese because is the method "winning" a game that requires less effort. You search for a boss from other games and the suggestion from Google is already "[boss name] exploit/cheese"...

10 minutes ago, cropo said:

don't know what this means.

I'm critizing how howtlizer is situational and bland item only useful for cheesing,  eyecristalizer only useful for few situational farms and small bases... the only must have item is the bearer bin

The bosses only drop rot and a couple of pieces of pure brilliance

13 minutes ago, cropo said:

would say every boss is quite repetitive, and yeah Crystalclops and Crystalger aren't that difficult.  Spider Queen was one of the first bosses and she wasn't ever difficult either, I don't think they're going to make the first bosses out of the gate too difficult

I'm not talking about difficulty but about you repeat the same steps over and over to kill them via stunning them

With other bosses, even the moon varg, you feel more freedom than "use firestaff when X". Also feels really repetitive to have every single new boss since daywalker to have a stun phase+throwing the player atacks...

50 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Also feels really repetitive to have every single new boss since daywalker to have a stun phase+throwing the player atacks...

All the bosses have moments where you can attack them and where you can't, with bosses like Fuelweaver you can either just tank him during that phase or kite him but ultimately he has to be repetitively disabled the same exact way throughout the fight before you can attack him. Weaving it into their scripted behavior isn't much different, other than adding actual animations to provide better feedback of when it's okay to attack. Toadstool has the same tree-summoning where you are forced to deal with them in some way before you can get back to attacking him again, BQ is the only one that can somewhat be permanently disabled so you can CTRL+F her the whole fight but unless you go overkill on the pan-flutes you're still avoiding her for a period, then attacking her when you get past her guard. It's not really that different, there is just less tedium in managing a bunch of inventory slots and their attacks can actually be dodged without using expensive items.

55 minutes ago, arubaro said:

but people would cheese because is the method "winning" a game that requires less effort

If people aren't having fun with a boss they're going to cheese it because bundling wrap is a soft-requirement for future content. You're needlessly handicapping yourself in the extreme if you don't use Bundling wrap, if BQ never dropped Bundling Wrap no one would even fight her. She puts that pressure on the player that they need to kill her for her drop. It's one of the most important items in the game. I'm sure everyone here is going to brag about how they don't actually need bundling wrap, and cool you can try to argue that.

57 minutes ago, arubaro said:

When this happened???

Specifically that never happened, anyway what I am trying to say is that the only people fighting BQ on the level you propose is people trying to handicap themselves for achievement and speedruns and are not the normal players.

59 minutes ago, arubaro said:

I'm critizing how howtlizer is situational and bland item only useful for cheesing,  eyecristalizer only useful for few situational farms and small bases... the only must have item is the bearer bin

The bosses only drop rot and a couple of pieces of pure brilliance

I don't disagree that the Howitzer is a cheap and unbalanced range weapon and that the crystaleyezer kinda sucks. The Howitzer however can't be judged yet because we don't know what sort of new bosses and enemies are going to be added in the future. It's going to decimate Pre-rift content, as I kinda think it should, what's important is if new bosses will be made with the Howitzer in mind when being developed.

On 12/30/2023 at 8:55 AM, Pomato said:

Nah. I love playing with the character who is the same ever since the story of Don't Starve started. 

Being classic with the "Disable skill tree" mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3014397687&searchtext=disable+skill+trees

And I love to think I am far superior than all those mad skill tree and powercreep maniacs.

I know what you mean but i dont find it fun at all, there wanst even new lines or something

Archived