I really wanna see (...)

This post is for people to post what they think would be cool to see.

story/gameplay anything you would like to see, even if it's very unlikely or un-DST like still post it. 

As for me i'd like to be able to restore and revive the ancient civilization at some point in the post game, via a time machine that works with moon magic or something. Maybe the Lobster king and queen can become NPCs and we can talk to them for them to drop lore details.

An economy system close to hamlet, new environment and biome changes, reworks/content in the caves, reworks/content in the ocean, cooking update, all characters getting skill trees, ROG but in the caves...

A y axis to be able to jump and maybe new world generation changes, a solo side for DST (no lag, no server thing, just solo that you can play with a friend with another controller on screen). More menu customizations, new sounds, small features like seeing the big eye of deerclops when dark (jakepeng99 reference), new biomes, new generation...

I want to see a big shadow or lunar raid at the end of those updates to in the end to get who knows what, a small automation update, religion update with the moon and shadows, MORE CORRUPTION... 

On another note : reworked crabking, toadstool, beequeen, dragonfly, malbatross, a bit fuelweaver (malbatross is not that bad, the ocean fighting is bad).

I think that's it yeah. This game has too much potential ;(

Edited by JustAFlower
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, JustAFlower said:

A y axis to be able to jump

If you multiply your speed with c_speedmult(10). You can achieve y axis with some structures. You can also speed off to the ocean, slip and drown yourself. Also if you fight CC with that 10x speed in the second 0hase he will do some really weird stuff.

Skill trees burned to the ground.

Less salty, I'd like to see the old content get love, loose ends to get tied up, a third event like forge and gorge (someone once pointed out we had a hunger themed event and health themed event, which would make the next one a sanity themed event and wouldn't that be something).

That one mod for DS that was a trailer to get updated, I missed all the puzzles and whatnot and would like to see what it was like.

An option for new players just starting the game to turn off skill trees and scrapbook BEFORE they start playing, so they have a chance to play DST the DS way. Or at least a warning to play DS first. Anything to try to preserve what the game used to be, even if it isn't anymore.

Beefalo skins. We've been thinking about them for years now with friends, had our own ideas and all. The system is there, just a few more wouldn't hurt would it?

Crossover with Crypt of Necrodancer.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GhostyToasty said:

I really wanna see the Spider Quarry biome be replaced with the hooded forest from uncompromising mode. It makes sense. Why would spiders live in a barren wasteland when they could live in a huge forest full of bugs to eat? 

Screenshot_20231215_183201.jpg

They eat rockz

27 minutes ago, BezKa said:

loose ends to get tied up, a third event like forge and gorge (someone once pointed out we had a hunger themed event and health themed event, which would make the next one a sanity themed event and wouldn't that be something).

This!!! Yes please. I know the events put a stop to the content flow but they made it so that like Gorge and forge weren't significant to the story or didn't exist at all.They are hugely significant and we never learned that happened to our beloved goats. I hope they find a good way to monetize the event cause im pretty sure the reason we aren't getting another one is money restraints.

4 hours ago, GhostyToasty said:

I really wanna see the Spider Quarry biome be replaced with the hooded forest from uncompromising mode. It makes sense. Why would spiders live in a barren wasteland when they could live in a huge forest full of bugs to eat? 

Screenshot_20231215_183201.jpg

Brave of you to mention that mod here but yea that would be cool quite afew things from it I think would be fun in the base game with some tweaking.

5 hours ago, chirsg said:

Hamlet. or closest thing to it. Basically, houses, shops, a town, currency. I want it.

If this happens it'll most likely be tied to Wurt in some way since the closest we got to a shop with multiple wares us probably the merm king.

mini "sunken" oceans in the caves.

a 19th and 20th character.

something that holds monetary value.

more aligned mobs earlier on in the game.

more planar nonsense earlier on in the game, (currently there's just the dreadstone armors)

• Like 1

DS, SW, Ham, Gorge, Forge & DST all combined into one mega Dont Starve Game- We can call it Dont Starve 2..  & sell it at 79.99$ like most other games these days, I don’t really care.

I just want to be able to enjoy all the DST skins I’ve purchased in DS, and the DLCs in DST.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mr. brj said:

a ban on using the term "over powered" or any of its abbrevations/synonyms on the forums

erm that'd be a little too op

anyways

more setpieces! i love having that environmental storytelling and uniqueness per world :D

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1
  • Wavey 1

my dst wishlist:

-hamlet pond in caves
-iceberg biome with all year round ice, 10-15 day respawn tusks
-use sunken chests as 3*4 dfly chests but carryable on back
-make warly good, maybe give him some gorge mechanics like how wig got forge mechanics
-easier way to get a sack, its way too good to randomly rely on 10% yearly and 1% every 20 days
-something with docs, maybe let us put turf on them or let us put them on deeper ocean, i feel like a water platform should be more then a dock and people use it as briges anyways so embrace it

1 hour ago, Retepeter said:

-something with docs, maybe let us put turf on them or let us put them on deeper ocean, i feel like a water platform should be more then a dock and people use it as briges anyways so embrace it

idk why, bit if woodlegs was in DST, that'd sound like something he could do, preferably locked behind a skillset.

53 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

if I ever hear the word 'uncompromising' again I'll lose it

"But Don't starve is supposed to be a uncoompromising survival game!!! (nerd emoji)"

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shopcat 1

3 hours ago, Mr Giggio said:

Taming grass gators or adding spyglasses, anything that makes ocean work.

I think that having a reliable way to locate frostjaw and the removal of the hard cap on boot trading would really make the ocean work.

Worldgen Overhaul + 'shallow' ocean tiles that you can both walk on and sail through. The new item from the Frostjaw boss is very cool for ocean travel but ocean travel itself sucks due to how the ocean is just a blob around the mainland, if you don't make multiple boats you have to sail around the entire mainland if you want to go to the other side of the ocean. That's where the 'shallow' tiles and a Worldgen Overhaul would would shine, separate the mainland into 3-4 smaller 'islands' that would all in total have all the mainland biomes, always then of course connect those 'islands' with 'shallow' tiles with a decent volume of said tiles. Now you can finally avoid sailing around the mainland just to switch sides of the ocean with a single boat.

9 hours ago, lenship2 said:

More setpieces! i love having that environmental storytelling and uniqueness per world :D

I second this, they can even copy all the unused set pieces in DST from DS and Adventure Mode and I'll be a happy camper.

• Like 1