What should the direction of updates be?

We are getting more endgame updates, this "host of horror" update, in my opinion, the new items are insane and are breaking the dynamic of the game a bit, but the bosses are well designed and cool. Love the subtle morbid tone of the lunar bosses.

Do you think Klei should look back for a moment and improve the experience of the existing content? Based on my observations from the player base and my own experiences, the celestial champion quest is a little tedious, especially the Crab king boss. Pearl questline is a bit annoying too.

And moon quay is ...oof. Bananas are broken, monkeys punishing the player for killing them...?

Is there anything else anyone would like to add about the problems with this celestial questline?

I would join the shadow side if it wasn't for Wagstaff and his suave overalls.

Is it really ok to keep adding end game stuff while the mid game bits are wobbling, like a jenga tower? Perhaps in the future we could take a moment to fix and remake some of the tedious and underwhelming bits of this questline?

Oh right. Of course. Skill trees. They have to be made first because the Maxwell Wanda Webber Wurt (Especially Wurt) skill tree enthusiasts would chase me to the end of the earth if I dare to interrupt the glorious advancement of the skill tree additions.

I am running for the hills. Again.

Edited by The Box
  • Like 3

Let me kill Pearl. Why can't I hit her twice with a ham bat for her to drop dead and Pearl's Pearl to start rolling away from her dead body?

I am partially serious about this because I don't like doing linear quests in games.

Other parts of the quest should also be improved, why don't we have more choices on how to progress like this?

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Health 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • GL Happy 1

3 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Why can't I hit her and Pearl's Pearl to start rolling away?

I am partially serious about this because I don't like doing linear quests in games.

LOL I was too scared to say this out loud, but let's be real Why would I care for some random crab's drama

• Big Ups 1

10 minutes ago, The Box said:

LOL I was too scared to say this out loud, but let's be real Why would I care for some random crab's drama

And she is incredibly rude to you from the start, not someone you want to help anyway.

7 hours ago, The Box said:

Do you think Klei should look back for a moment and improve the experience of the existing content? Based on my observations from the player base and my own experiences, the celestial champion quest is a little tedious, especially the Crab king boss. Pearl questline is a bit annoying too.

From my experience, crab king is like the only particularly annoying part of the questline. Pearl can take awhile, but unless you are specifically speedrunning the game it should not take too long to just occasionally visit the island and get the pearl by year 2. All of the other tasks are fairly doable/straightforward with a but of development into the world. I understand it takes longer then the shadow questline, but I’ve personally enjoyed it’s implementation better then the shadow one (I will still never understand why the aitrium is locked behind a tentapillar that looks the exact same compared to every other one…)

7 hours ago, The Box said:

the new items are insane and are breaking the dynamic of the game a bit

They are gated behind a post CC quest for a reason. If a player manages to do CC, endure the wrath of the brightshades tm, and kill all 3 bosses, crafting something like the polar bearger bin is absolutely deserved at that point. 

As for content that could be improved, I can’t think of anything I really desire other then buffing some crockpot dishes to be more unique. It bothers me quite a bit a lot of the dishes, especially vanilla ones, feel very undertuned compared to existing recipes today (fruit medley/pumpkin cookies, in particular, feel extremely lacking). I would love to see improvements to these dishes, especially with some neat gimmicks (I remember in particular for pumpkin cookies reading a suggestion that they should be made in batches of 3 like jellybeans, which would be awesome to see!).

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

I originally bought the Dont starve game and gave the franchise a “chance” because of its product description of getting to explore randomly generated worlds.. In todays ModernAge with video games being extremely expensive, it’s becoming increasingly hard to take a “Chance” on something that may or may not end up being actually good.. which is why in Todays Era you see so many games that were literally brimming with potential end up straight up Delisted due to lack of Player Support..

Marvels Avengers, Second Extinction, Evolve, Minecraft Dungeons, Evil Dead the Game, just to name a few that SHOULD have been Big.. & probably could’ve been if they had a devoted player base & development team but they just Weren’t.

For DS & DST to still be going as long as it has been- It means that Klei should’ve won that damn Labor of Love reward ages ago…

And as Much as I complain about a lot of things about this game (how unfair playing solo is cause content is geared toward groups, how much focus has been on bosses and late game quests, etc..) I also have to appreciate the time & Development Klei puts into the franchise, I mean they didn’t HAVE to release a massive patch update for the original Dont starve that was released 10 years ago.. but they did anyway, they also don’t HAVE to develop their content to make sure it’s compatible with your PC Mods but a lot of times they’ll even do that!

Klei is honestly above the bar when it comes to taking care of their products & trying to ensure that their customers/fanbase are satisfied.

Now to answer the OP, I would prefer it if Content Doubled down on that Original product description of getting to explore randomly generated worlds… that’s what brought me to the dance, so obviously I’d enjoy more of it…

What I mean by that is I’ve grown too familiar with the way biomes and resources spawn in DST, I know Pig King is never going to be chilling in a Swamp Biome, etc.. but I deeply wish this would Change… I’d like World Gen to just be crunk up to 11.. so I can truly get a new experience each & every time I start a new game save…

Obviously things like Archipelago world Gen, or more randomized spawning of biomes & mobs.

Maybe I’d like to reverse the the main land and Lunar Island so that the main area is the tiny island… and Lunar is the massive mass of land to explore the mainland currently is.

I feel like it’s a bad move to focus on late game content, because realistically speaking- Only the most dedicated players who stick to the SAME worlds for the long-term are Ever going to see or experience that content, and I feel like even KLEI knows that too.. which is why they added World gen toggles to experience late game content sooner..

But, sticking to one world for the long haul and becoming overly familiar with what spawns where… wasnt what brought me into the franchise in the first place, so what I’d truly “Like” is more Early game exploration content.

New Biomes, New Mobs, New Resources, New Weather Effects, Basically everything that the Hamlet & Shipwrecked DLCs did when you bought them by giving you a NEW Experience right out the starting gate as you spawn into the world.

So I’d appreciate things like archipelagos, or just in general- New ways to experience & enjoy the game in the shortest, not so long term way.. as possible.

They should add an island similar to eventide island from breath of the wild.

I'll expand for those who don't know.

Eventide island is an island in Zelda where you're marooned from scratch with high level enemies you typically wouldn't challenge with starter gear such as normal sticks and clubs, but you are there.

It's about time we got a sort of challenge island for the survivalist maniacs.

Go ahead and beat down a pack of hounds with an oar. Do it on the island.

If I got my wish, the island would be an economy island but you're stripped of all your inventory because of corrupt pigman immigration policies and you get it back once you've built wealth on the island. I'd make it so you live on the streets and live off crumbs like the gingerbread pigs drop during winter's feast. 

8 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

Let me kill Pearl. Why can't I hit her twice with a ham bat for her to drop dead and Pearl's Pearl to start rolling away from her dead body?

Other parts of the quest should also be improved, why don't we have more choices on how to progress like this?

Yes! This but without any irony at all.

Let me just kill her for the winchin pinch and pearl, and give up getting any of her other totally useful stuff.

• Health 1

Bananas are not broken. They are litteraly identical to berry bushes except they grow in winter and are the first ever sanity food that isn't garbage. 

Pearl quests are absolute garbage, I hate them, FAKE CONTENT designed to make people think there is stuff to do at sea or in late game. 

Simple, dumb as can be quests like craft a winter jacket locked behind needless conditions designed to waste your time. Wait untill it's winter, wait untill it's snowing, wait untill morning. Wait wait wait wait WAIT FOR WHAT? grab the jacket for future or die you stupid crab. 

I hate pearl. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Health 1

30 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Bananas are not broken. They are litteraly identical to berry bushes except they grow in winter and are the first ever sanity food that isn't garbage. 

Pearl quests are absolute garbage, I hate them, FAKE CONTENT designed to make people think there is stuff to do at sea or in late game. 

Simple, dumb as can be quests like craft a winter jacket locked behind needless conditions designed to waste your time. Wait untill it's winter, wait untill it's snowing, wait untill morning. Wait wait wait wait WAIT FOR WHAT? grab the jacket for future or die you stupid crab. 

Yeah, I guess you have a point on bananas, besides dealing with pirate monkeys would drive you bananas so you need bananas to raise sanity to make up for it.

But how much sanity gain in game would make up for sanity loss in real life?

Also I feel relieved that I am not the only one agitated by that old crab.

Give me the pearl or I take it by force!

If only things are this simple...Being nice sucks.

Don't tell me to make friends with Pearl by playing nice. I make friends with Pigmen and they taste delicious.