You can use Armored Bearger to kill BeeQueen

You don't need to do anything besides bring it to the giant hive and summon BeeQueen.

It's not even a close fight. Bearger will continue the combo swipe until Beequeen is dead and you probably won't even have to re-aggro them at any time since Armored Bearger is incredibly aggressive. The same can be said for Dragonfly, but Bearger can accidentally push her so far out of the arena that she despawns, so watch for that.

I'd like for this to stay!! I would consider it very similar to post-hard mode gear in Terraria shredding through earlier bosses. If you've gotten to Rift content and are surviving just fine with all of the new things being thrown at you, I think it's okay to have an easy pre-rift boss kill or two. Especially since you'll still have an angry lunar Bearger to deal with afterwards.

Just now, finn from human said:

I'd like for this to stay!! I would consider it very similar to post-hard mode gear in Terraria shredding through earlier bosses. If you've gotten to Rift content and are surviving just fine with all of the new things being thrown at you, I think it's okay to have an easy pre-rift boss kill or two. Especially since you'll still have an angry lunar Bearger to deal with afterwards.

Honestly it's amazing. It feels like when I first started playing Don't Starve and learned to use tentacles to kill Deerclops again. I would be disappointed if this was removed.

Ah the forums at peak Klei is terrible for removing old exploits but genius for introducing new ones.

Ā 

Don't hit me...;)

Ā 

Spoiler

To be clear I don't take issue with this being allowed it's not like it doesn't take a lot of work for this to even be exploitable in a world I just hope people aren't too hard on Klei/attempt to bully them into putting it back if they decide they don't want this interaction to exist.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

To be clear I don't take issue with this being allowed it's not like it doesn't take a lot of work for this to even be exploitable in a world I just hope people aren't too hard on Klei/attempt to bully them into putting it back if they decide they don't want this interaction to exist.

The thing is this feels almost intentional. There are no bugs being exploited, pathfinding isn't being abused, no ice - flingomatic shenanigans, it's just Armored Bearger perfectly counters BeeQueen. If anything it might be an oversight.

If Klei doesn't want to allow this to happen then so be it I suppose. That's what betas are for.

2 hours ago, Vampyre77 said:

I i don't think they'll nerf it too bad, but I imagine bee queen will get a mutated form soon so abuse this while it lasts

While I don't have a problem with this I will say I will raise a fuss if mutated bosses can fight each other since it'll make absolutely no sense lore wise.

I'd say if you're far along in the game for this to happen then it's more of a reward to the player. Most people will have killed bee queen by now for the convenience bundling the shards and gleams.

If anything, there will probably be a future possession of the hive where this won't always be possible.

Ā 

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

While I don't have a problem with this I will say I will raise a fuss if mutated bosses can fight each other since it'll make absolutely no sense lore wise.

Yeah I assume they'll be allied because I can't seem to get crystal Deerclops and armored Bearger to fight. Just you won't get loot because queen bee will just become more powerful and they'll gang up on you

Ā 

4 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I'm just imagining someone luring lunar Deerclops to Lunar Bearger now to try and get them to fight and instead they both just turn to the player and double team them.

1 hour ago, finn from human said:

you are lumping two distinct groups of people in as "the forums" when in reality it should be obvious that it's two different camps with different interests

Tbh I thought it was clear I was mostly memeing while drawing attention to what I said in the spoiler. I apologize however to any who were offended there.

Archived