24 minutes ago, dzzydzzy said:

sure but they don't necessarily release betas at 10 am PT, that's just the game updates, there's still time in the day.

Yeah, I remember the Taking Root beta coming out around the afternoon (it might have been around 3 I think) while I was doing other stuff

• Like 1

I can only guess what things are looking like on klei's side, but I can imagine there are decisions to be made if the internal changes are ready for the beta or not.

I'm sure it can be tricky, because as soon as the changes are live people will start making videos on it and forming opinions - I often stumble on videos from betas and they didn't make a follow up once things were changed, maybe besides a pinned comment. So I can see why klei would want to get it right before opening up the beta.

On the other hand, I would really encourage them to start it sooner rather than later. I think a lot of the changes on the skill trees last time meant that the beta got longer, and in fact the best changes for wormwood had to happen after the update even went live because it wasn't possible to hold on for the update much longer.

To do the best for skill trees, I think you need a lot of opinions from people who have played the characters a lot, and people who wouldn't have had a go before but you want to convince. AND, you need to actually play with the changes to form the best opinions on them. All that takes time, so I hope there's a good balance klei can find. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, dzzydzzy said:

I feel like the last time we waited this long for an update was this time last year... we got the Little Drama Update.

To be fair, A little drama attempted to add some bold new mechanics to DST (one such feature being able to smack structures with a fencing tool to “rotate” it’s direction) this isn’t a small undertaking, and while I’d LOVE to see the fencing pole rotate even more stuff.. like walls or alchemy tables.. I just have to be patient and hope maybe klei can update the game to the point it can actually handle it.

This same update also added the Manniquinns which while their intended purpose is to use for the Drama stage, players can stash helmets, armors and weapons on them.. this is awesome if you want to do something such as fight Dragonfly as Wigfrid with 8 Battle Spears, Battle Helms & marble armors.

However- Klei didn’t add ANY new mini games to the yearly Midsummers Cawnival this year they partially forgot about it tbh… and the cult of the lamb crossover was intentionally kept “bite-sized” so it didn’t interrupt their content plans schedule.

Now rather that’s From Beyond part 3, a huge QoL or more character skill trees is anyone’s guess.

• Health 2