Why nerf woodie?

I was super hyped to play as him, for the first time he was actually good, the planar defense only works against like 3 enemies? and they are hyperlate game non-bosses. His skill tree is the better designed out of the three please klei listen to the entire community not just this forum.

Nerfing the damage was huge and the regen wasn't even enough to tank against bosses I'm saying it was well balanced, now it's getting to the point where woodie was before, when you could transform but there wasn't enough reason to, with this nerf you could just use armor instead of transforming. Having a third powerful punch and a bit of regen was fun to play, the new punch sound effect and main menu music is good tho but PLEASE KLEI don't do this to my boy

NEVERMIND BIG W THANKS KLEI

why-man.jpg

Cause of all the clickbait "OMG WOODIE OP SO BROKEN!!" youtube videos that use spicy Volt Goat jelly on wet worlds.

I don't see Wolfgang getting nerfed cause he can also use that OP combo :>

3 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Cause of all the clickbait "OMG WOODIE OP SO BROKEN!!" youtube videos that use spicy Volt Goat jelly on wet worlds.

I don't see Wolfgang getting nerfed cause he can also use that OP combo :>

I swear if kleis solution to this is nerfing Wolfgang instead of just reverting the change or something…

27 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

I really can't believe this is happening. Four years later, people still don't realize that it's should about Warly. :(

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

I'd argue if that's the case then dark swords should see a nerf too.

That's what I guess the reason why Klei nerf weremoose. :D I do think these 2 nerfs are not necessary. 

10 minutes ago, Fufuji said:

Skill Tree System is the one to blame

I agree. Every skill shouldn't have been accessible day 1. I admit that. However, the healing was something I did secretly feel was hax. You could allow way too many hits as woodie with the old healing. Weremoose Balboa. You literally blocked swipes and punches with your face.

But with the strike nerf, having something that's more viable by a convoluted method of inputting attacks is just weak. 

I digress, skill tree system is definitely to blame. 

37 minutes ago, Fufuji said:

Some of the skills are too powerful in early gameplay. Unfortunately Weremoose Mastery is one of them. Skill Tree System is the one to blame.

compared to wanda and wolfgang, woodie is an average character fun to play, id be ok with making the idols considerable more expensive and keeping the previous set, the regen is nothing bc you still have to kite and his dps compared to other carachters is ok so no, not fair woodie is getting nerfed. about the skill tree i personally like it.

I think weremoose is pretty good in day 1 even without any skill, but it falls off quickly. Those skills make moose form more playable in later game, but with all the skills it makes moose insanely op in early game. 

I agree that the skill tree system is to blame. If the skill tree system can't be changed, I do hope the change would be like, maybe having a more expensive idol for a stronger moose? IDK, just hope they can make the "stronger moose form" harder to access in early game instead of just nerfing it all.

2 hours ago, NorternNitre said:

I think weremoose is pretty good in day 1 even without any skill, but it falls off quickly. Those skills make moose form more playable in later game, but with all the skills it makes moose insanely op in early game. 

I agree that the skill tree system is to blame. If the skill tree system can't be changed, I do hope the change would be like, maybe having a more expensive idol for a stronger moose? IDK, just hope they can make the "stronger moose form" harder to access in early game instead of just nerfing it all.

Fair compromise. I would appreciate that. Not completely ideal, but I wouldn't mind. 

2 hours ago, NorternNitre said:

Yesss, so, if you're reading Klei (which i think you do, hi btw) here's what i came up with this thread:

1-Weremoose mastery skill now allows you to craft a far more expensive idol which is an enhanced version of the moose

2-Put the idol in the ground and feed it with some meat? nightmare fuel? give it gems? to then eat it and have the better version of the moose

3-Just make the idol even more expensive than the other two

1 hour ago, Chev_bug said:

1-Weremoose mastery skill now allows you to craft a far more expensive idol which is an enhanced version of the moose

If we get old moose back for a different crafting recipe, I think we deserve a new and more grizzled looking graphic update.

image.png.ebd3e0380e419a55d1745f00d0084ae5.png

Moose's lose the skin from their antlers after a season is over and they look intimidating as hell. For anyone squeamish, they don't feel pain, as there aren't any pain receptors in their antlers. 

The added requirement should be moonrock. Nightmare fuel is just another tax.

8 hours ago, NorternNitre said:

I think weremoose is pretty good in day 1 even without any skill

I hard disagree here the moose without the skill tree damages both your health and sanity just for using it, removes all your hunger, and makes you slower making you more likely to get hit. Meaning even if you play perfectly you come up short compared to your normal form and this is before considering how cheap hambats and dark swords are.

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

I hard disagree here the moose without the skill tree damages both your health and sanity just for using it, removes all your hunger, and makes you slower making you more likely to get hit. Meaning even if you play perfectly you come up short compared to your normal form and this is before considering how cheap hambats and dark swords are.

You are absolutely right. I reconsidered my words, by saying "day 1" I'm imagining some circumstance when one don't have any science machine and desperately wants to fight some strong monsters. Weremoose can tank deerclops and I was thinking having that ability on first day is pretty good. But yeah, when deerclops do spawn one already have pretty good weapons and don't need to risk transforming into weremoose at all.

12 hours ago, NorternNitre said:

Not a bad idea. Could make it where the damage type can be based on combined resource. IE:

idol + nightmare fuel = dark-sword damage

idol + brightshade husk = planar moon damage

idol + pure horror = planar shadow damage

3 hours ago, NorternNitre said:

Weremoose can tank deerclops and I was thinking having that ability on first day is pretty good. But yeah, when deerclops do spawn one already have pretty good weapons and don't need to risk transforming into weremoose at all.

I mean we're also able to tank deerclops with basic weapons, armor, and a campfire and I can't imagine someone outside of a speed runner attempting actual threatening bosses before getting a science machine.

20 hours ago, IAmAFurrz said:

Klei making the most pointless nerfs to characters people were clamering for buffs, while keeping wolfgang the same:

If they are nerfing Woodie of all things, Where's the Maxwell nerf?

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean we're also able to tank deerclops with basic weapons, armor, and a campfire and I can't imagine someone outside of a speed runner attempting actual threatening bosses before getting a science machine.

Moose is cheap.

Here’s a thought- You want powerful moose form? Make it require powerful items in the crafting costs.

no not some stupid easy to farm Nightmare full or Moon Rocks.

I was thinking more along the lines of… if a Thermal Stone Requires a Pickaxe to Craft, and a Fencing Sword a Spear-

Upgraded Moose Woodie needs you to sacrifice a Darksword/Brightshade Sword in crafting his Idol :wilson_evil:

What? You still get your powerful upgrade.. you just gotta put in a little extra effort to obtain it. ;) 

13 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Moose is cheap.

Hambat is cheap. It lasts for longer than 4 minutes.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Here’s a thought- You want powerful moose form? Make it require powerful items in the crafting costs.

no not some stupid easy to farm Nightmare full or Moon Rocks.

I was thinking more along the lines of… if a Thermal Stone Requires a Pickaxe to Craft, and a Fencing Sword a Spear-

Upgraded Moose Woodie needs you to sacrifice a full Darksword/Brightshade Sword in crafting his Idol :wilson_evil:

What? You still get your powerful upgrade.. you just gotta put in a little extra effort to obtain it. ;) 

No. I don't like it. A full dark sword is far more valuable than a single moose idol. 

That's why I hate when non Woodie players try to offer non Woodie solutions. 

16 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Moose is cheap.

As are other weapons and armors but they don't place restrictions on you my big issue is this is supposed to be a fighting state but even if they restore the damage it doesn't have much to offer compared to your base form I mean even compare wormwood with his bramble traps they add on to his fighting style and offer a boost while the Moose competes with Woodie and loses unless you pretend like equipment is something super expensive and tedious to get and we know there would be outcry if it was.

Now everyone's acting like the Moose idol is such a big advantage and somehow so much cheaper than standard gear that I'm beginning to feel like everyone is gaslighting me.

Honestly if these skill trees came sooner I'd bet Maxwell's shadow sneak, magician's tophat, and shadow prison would all be skills with his current peak shadow duelist damage being locked behind a skill as well.

Ps this wasn't entirely directed at you just feel like it needs to be said.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

no not some stupid easy to farm Nightmare full

So about Maxwell's codex....

9 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Now everyone's acting like the Moose idol is such a big advantage and somehow so much cheaper than standard gear that I'm beginning to feel like everyone is gaslighting me.

Everyone is gaslighting you. It's a conspiracy.

I'll name a downside of relying on idols for combat no one else has ever thought of in their entire lives.

-You're gardening

-You get attacked by ink blights

-You eat the idol and get chomped on a little bit by chungus

-ultimately you win

-You dance until the transformation wears off

-Transformation wears off and you suddenly hear depths worms. 

-you have to eat idol again.

-but you're insane

-you can't engage with nightmare creatures in time

-lose transformaton

-run out of idols

-cry

This all would have not been a problem with one single dark sword. 

Archived