[Game Update] - 564148

Ignoring the previous comments of this thread...

Looking at the special skills related to Woodie's wereforms, they feel great and refreshing as an ex-woodie main. However I must note that Specializing in the Werebeaver feels like the worst of the three options. Weremoose is the obvious meta bait and puts it on par with other fighting characters, and Weregoose is funny and im guessing helpful in pubs. Werebeaver on the other hand now has an AoE tail-slap ability that does damage to every structure and resource nearby. The concept is great, but it doesnt feel too worth it considering it's wereness drain per use.

Werebeaver's downside as a "resource gathering" character is that he cant pick up what he leaves behind in wereform as opposed to Maxwell and Wurt. Maybe there could be a skill that drops logs from felled trees in a stack as opposed to individually. (Ex: Gnaw a fully grown evergreen down, it drops 1 stack of 3x logs as opposed to 3 stacks of 1x logs.

• Like 12
  • Potato Cup 1

7 minutes ago, Canis said:

Maybe there could be a skill that drops logs from felled trees in a stack as opposed to individually.

this looks like an amazing idea! it's always kind of a pain to go back and pick all of the logs and resources after you chopped down a whole forest, and it would reduce the picking time by 1/3 if logs are dropped in a stack of 3. Wouldn't be too op, just a little bit more efficient

Edited by wildParrot
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed non sewable equipment having sewable information in the scrapbook.
  • Fixed bug where acid rain can damage your equipment even while you are inside an Umbralla barrier.

• Wormwood:
    • Lunar Cultivator III skill: Fixed being able to give life to more than 3 Saladmanders.
    • Lunar Guardian II skill: Fixed Brightshade weapons spawning more vines than they should after equipping them multiple times.
    • Fixed Juicy Berry Bush and Lureplant craft skills missing title and description.
  • Woodie:
    • Shadow Wrangler skill: Fixed shadow creatures being friendly to him in the human form and not in were-form.
  • Wolfgang:
    • Fixed a crash when wolfgang’s mightiness would go below 0 (like when skipping time).

View full update

I still can't get the celestial champion upgrade

• Like 2

On the skill trees.

Woodie: No complaints, perfect.

Wolfgang: Please just let his double damage modifier work on planar damage, that's it.

Wormwood: Why is the lunar plant not neutral to lunar plants. His perk is called "Plants relate to him.", just make him neutral to all plant monsters like birchnutters, poison birchnuts, brightshades, etc, etc. Other than that, great, pretty cool.

Great work done on these three with some complaints. But my words don't hold much weight since I am a Wickerbottom/Willow/Wendy main, and strictly play those three.

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

45 minutes ago, Canis said:

Werebeaver on the other hand now has an AoE tail-slap ability that does damage to every structure and resource nearby. The concept is great, but it doesnt feel too worth it considering it's wereness drain per use.

i argue that woodie having what is essentially a pocket thumper with little cost is something I would heavily consider - though I think werebeaver + is other perks is already cracked/fun enough on its own

Edited by Primalflower
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Canis said:

Ignoring the previous comments of this thread...

Looking at the special skills related to Woodie's wereforms, they feel great and refreshing as an ex-woodie main. However I must note that Specializing in the Werebeaver feels like the worst of the three options. Weremoose is the obvious meta bait and puts it on par with other fighting characters, and Weregoose is funny and im guessing helpful in pubs. Werebeaver on the other hand now has an AoE tail-slap ability that does damage to every structure and resource nearby. The concept is great, but it doesnt feel too worth it considering it's wereness drain per use.

Werebeaver's downside as a "resource gathering" character is that he cant pick up what he leaves behind in wereform as opposed to Maxwell and Wurt. Maybe there could be a skill that drops logs from felled trees in a stack as opposed to individually. (Ex: Gnaw a fully grown evergreen down, it drops 1 stack of 3x logs as opposed to 3 stacks of 1x logs.

I'm proud to say I feel they fixed the beaver already. When you setup a massive amount of trees now much like bearager he can blow them down instantly at a rate that wurt and maxwell can't compare sure he can't pick them up in his wereform but he'll finish the job much faster and be ready to turn back to collect the loot giving him the room to completely out pace maxwell and wurt who will still be chopping. Your best solution for cleanup is probably a lazy forager though. Personally I kinda feel like the goose final form is the worst but it's kinda funny to be able to randomly teleport around the map.

• Like 7

How is wormwood gonna get the new bright shade loot if they're neutral to him. That means he has to take a straight chunk of planar dmg every time he wants to kill one of them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Personally I kinda feel like the goose final form is the worst but it's kinda funny to be able to randomly teleport around the map.

It's pretty decent if you have it day one. Let's you explore the ocean using your entire weremeter compared to before where you'd need to run back towards land at around 20 weremeter, effectively exploring at 80% efficiency. The Weremoose mastery seems to be weaker tbh, given the DPS if you animation cancel is comparable to the hulk smash, and the planar defense is pretty negligible at a whopping 1 damage saved.

• Like 2
  • Wavey 1

15 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

given the DPS if you animation cancel is comparable to the hulk smash

While valid I don't think we should consider animation cancels as that's more so a exploit if anything.

16 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

the planar defense is pretty negligible at a whopping 1 damage saved.

I didn't realize it gave him planar defense does the 1 damage saved apply to just normal mobs or against planar damage?

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I didn't realize it gave him planar defense does the 1 damage saved apply to just normal mobs or against planar damage?

Only planar damage, so very niche, but I think it is pretty useful against the horned inkblight since he does a lot of mini attacks. Just not so good against any other planar enemy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

Only planar damage, so very niche, but I think it is pretty useful against the horned inkblight since he does a lot of mini attacks. Just not so good against any other planar enemy.

I recommend bringing up a good value for this in it's own post then so it gets more attention now's the time for tweaks after all.

Edited by Mysterious box

2 hours ago, Badh said:

I still can't get the celestial champion upgrade

I've had the same issue. In the meantime, a workaround is to use the "Instantly Insights" mod by Geeris, it will basically check the "Celestial Champion defeated" box for you. After that, you can uninstall it with no issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I'm proud to say I feel they fixed the beaver already. When you setup a massive amount of trees now much like bearager he can blow them down instantly at a rate that wurt and maxwell can't compare sure he can't pick them up in his wereform but he'll finish the job much faster and be ready to turn back to collect the loot giving him the room to completely out pace maxwell and wurt who will still be chopping. Your best solution for cleanup is probably a lazy forager though. Personally I kinda feel like the goose final form is the worst but it's kinda funny to be able to randomly teleport around the map.

I cant argue there, however Im not particularly thrilled about a perk that only has one VERY specific use case; ideally Id want to be able to use the perk out in the wild to boost my productivity, but it doesnt feel like I can do that optimally right now. Hell, im not going to pretend like I know everything about an update that just came out, so Im all ears on how I could optimize this.

• Potato Cup 1

2 hours ago, Nikki Darks said:

On the skill trees.

Woodie: No complaints, perfect.

Wolfgang: Please just let his double damage modifier work on planar damage, that's it.

Wormwood: Why is the lunar plant not neutral to lunar plants. His perk is called "Plants relate to him.", just make him neutral to all plant monsters like birchnutters, poison birchnuts, brightshades, etc, etc. Other than that, great, pretty cool.

Great work done on these three with some complaints. But my words don't hold much weight since I am a Wickerbottom/Willow/Wendy main, and strictly play those three.

if Wormwood is neutral to Brightshades, how will it farm for the husks, attacking it melee to start the fight just hurts, using ranged seems off and I would pretty much prefer it to be aggressive to me. plus those brightshades are invaders and even hurt the plants wormwood plants, so I can consider brightshades unreasonable for wormwood to befriend

Edited by mykenception
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Canis said:

I cant argue there, however Im not particularly thrilled about a perk that only has one VERY specific use case; ideally Id want to be able to use the perk out in the wild to boost my productivity, but it doesnt feel like I can do that optimally right now. Hell, im not going to pretend like I know everything about an update that just came out, so Im all ears on how I could optimize this.

I feel like it strikes a fairly good balance for the resource harvesters Maxwell being the best for on demand, Wurt being the best mobile harvester, and Woodie being the best controlled harvester. I haven't had enough time to see if there are any other big uses for it but I imagine someone will figure out something creative.

Edit: Also now that I think about it the beaver's perk to harvest harder materials seems to hint that more things like the nightmare werepig's pillars and the rifts stuff are likely going to be added potentially increasing the beaver's value further.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arcwell said:

I've had the same issue. In the meantime, a workaround is to use the "Instantly Insights" mod by Geeris, it will basically check the "Celestial Champion defeated" box for you. After that, you can uninstall it with no issues.

Thanks mate, that mod is just lovely jubbly

• Like 1
  • Health 1

4 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

it's kinda funny to be able to randomly teleport around the map.

when testing it in caves, my friend flew right into the ruins :D

4 hours ago, MadMatt said:

The Weremoose mastery seems to be weaker tbh, given the DPS if you animation cancel is comparable to the hulk smash, and the planar defense is pretty negligible at a whopping 1 damage saved.

btw, his smash attack does aoe! Not that important, since you can just ram stuff as moose anyway, but I feel like it might have some use, depending on just how big the radius of said aoe is. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skile said:

btw, his smash attack does aoe! Not that important, since you can just ram stuff as moose anyway, but I feel like it might have some use, depending on just how big the radius of said aoe is. 

This AOE is very small, with limited uses, but it does directly counter Woodie's shadow affinity by being able to hit nightmare creatures that run up to you and having them aggro on you. So that's pretty cool.

• Haha 1

Just now, MadMatt said:

This AOE is very small, with limited uses, but it does directly counter Woodie's shadow affinity by being able to hit nightmare creatures that run up to you and having them aggro on you. So that's pretty cool.

heh, good to know :)

• Like 1

If Charlie has enough power over shadow creatures to call them off when woodie is in were form then call them off for the loyalty all the time for every one and if  it’s because she’s “evil” then why give them stuff at all even if she just wants them as disposable foot soldiers it’s just dumb having your own soldiers kill each other 

• Sanity 1

9 minutes ago, Dr.Webber said:

If Charlie has enough power over shadow creatures to call them off when woodie is in were form then call them off for the loyalty all the time for every one and if  it’s because she’s “evil” then why give them stuff at all even if she just wants them as disposable foot soldiers it’s just dumb having your own soldiers kill each other 

Its even weirder when you consider the fact that she herself will straight up kill you if you enter the dark while not transformed.
Maybe charlie is a bit biased towards furry forms?

• Potato Cup 1

1 hour ago, Golden Daemon said:

Its even weirder when you consider the fact that she herself will straight up kill you if you enter the dark while not transformed.
Maybe charlie is a bit biased towards furry forms?

But she does not attack when you are sleeping on a sleep roll regardless of alignment. 

Maybe she likes being chaotic and playing with the survivors for no reason other than she can.

Sometimes she kills you, sometimes She will spare you. Shes just playing a game with us. 

• Like 1