I didn't notice this wasn't named Umbrella until today.  Is Umbralla too subtle?  Did you notice it immediately?  When you say it out loud do the two words sound distinct that you would recognize it over voice chat?  Visually when reading would your mind clock the difference if it wasn't looking for it?

idk about other people, but like I said I didn't notice this until today.  It might be that I'm blonde and ditzy but I crafted it in game, chatted about it a lot, and just called it t2 umbrella b/c I never caught that it was different.

Would Umbra-ella, keeping the a from umbra and the e from ella together feel natural and make the distinction more recognizable?

I noticed it immedietly and thought "Nice joke Klei". But I understand you I can be oblivious to things like this too. Like salaDmanders it took me two years to notice that. 

As for the name imo it sould stay as it is. Most other things don't explicitly explain their jokes so why does this one has to? 

I saw someone else mention that it was a pun pretty early on and that's how I found out about it. But for the short time before that moment, I legitimately thought everyone was combating Acid Rain with regular umbrellas, probably because it was too destructive to use better rainproof items for. I didn't actually experience pain rain myself so I couldn't tell lol

I noticed it immediately and didn't like it. It's kind of hard to pronounce without sounding too similar to Umbrella.

Umbra-ella Looks better, I like your suggestion.

1 hour ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Umbrawla and make it a weapon.

Okay I think I'm on board XD  Have it right click to open as an umbrella and walk around, but closed it has shadow spikes and is a weapon !

It might just be my accent or blonde hearing, but I don't hear a difference between umbrella and umbralla unless I stress the bra so its more like um brah la.

6 hours ago, abrocator said:

Under my umbra-ella.

No joke I was going to include a clip of that music video in my original post XD

Archived