[Game Update] - Public Testing 560597

• Developer

A small patch for the public testing beta.

Changes and Improvements

• All versions
    • Added new artwork for Cool Salt Slush Geyser.
    • Add priority to the Spice Grinder, affects the spicing and supply errands.
    • Food will no longer rot when stored in the Spice Grinder.
    • Modding:
      • Reverted a change to Components.GetEnumerator.

Fixes

• All versions
    • Duplicants who are not wearing Atmo Suits in game will no longer appear to be wearing one when exiting the wardrobe screen.
    • Fixed infinite loop when delivering multiple single entities (seeds, clothing, food) to the same move placer.
    • Improved handling of saved Atmo Suit outfits to prevent a crash when switching back to the Whatta Blast update.
    • Fix for issue where sometimes a template outfit couldn't be assigned to a Duplicant.
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Fixed a bug where sometimes meteor showers would start directly on the asteroids instead of after their representation in the star map reaches said asteroid.

View full update

We're expecting this update will leave beta next week :grin: :fingers crossed:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, JarrettM said:

Added new artwork for Cool Salt Slush Geyser.

Finally! :lol: 

But.. I would prefer if their color would be slightly more different. (I don't know... the slush one slightly pinkish because of more salt in brine maybe?)

Image Image

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, JarrettM said:

I was just overhauling my colony's kitchen and noticed the spice grinder lacked a priority setting.  Nice changes.

PS - While we're on the subject of kitchens, and since this update is adding QOL improvements, any chance stocking fridges can be a cooking supply errand in addition to a supply errand? 

• Like 2
  • Hunger 1

3 hours ago, goboking said:

any chance stocking fridges can be a cooking supply errand in addition to a supply errand?

been waiting for that for ages

Klei, pls consider implementing it, makes sense

Edited by kolyapedal

13 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Reverted a change to Components.GetEnumerator.

Great news, thanks!

13 hours ago, JarrettM said:

We're expecting this update will leave beta next week

Thank you for the heads up! That helps modders a lot!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Incredible. Thank you so much dev team for working on these changes so quickly.

Minor request for clarification here...

Are supply errands borked for gastrophobics?

Cooksupply.thumb.png.92a8508dd61a95ee530611023243bdf7.png

Also: There's also some funny business with to-do lists, dupes do something and stall - even with proximity disabled. Building stuff will leave a dupe staring into the void after the fact, for example... The cooking errands seem to be fully borked. (glad I have some 7M+ calories worth of cake bricks for emergencies). This is an old save, so I'll just try out with a new map altogether at some point. Still, creepy:

• Like 2
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 1

16 hours ago, JRup said:

Also: There's also some funny business with to-do lists, dupes do something and stall - even with proximity disabled. Building stuff will leave a dupe staring into the void after the fact, for example... The cooking errands seem to be fully borked. (glad I have some 7M+ calories worth of cake bricks for emergencies). This is an old save, so I'll just try out with a new map altogether at some point. Still, creepy:

I've also been getting this; it clears when you save and reload. The dupe stands in place repeatedly failing to supply ingredients to the spice grinder.

Edited by Raiscan
  • Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

On 6/11/2023 at 11:47 AM, chuckyblack09 said:

Also having issues with dupes getting stuck at idle. Seems to be spice grinder related possibly. I can't play currently because they all just get stuck at their beds or at/near the spice grinder.

Please fix this ASAP.

2023-06-11 11_45_07-Oxygen Not Included.png

For the time being disabling the Spice Grinder allows the dupes to not get stuck

@JarrettM:

I've disabled and uninstalled all mods to check and see if issues persisted. Sadly enough, it was the case. Dupes were "stalling".

Kitchen functions came back to life after disabling spice grinders, it was also the case after deconstructing the spice grinders. I'll continue playing for a bit to see if the rest of the dupe to-do functions came back as well. The crusty old save file I have rounds up to 75MB (after reports being trimmed by the "fast save" mod). I'll otherwise need to build a new colony+kitchen to test this. Let me know if it will upload fine for you. Uploaded the save anyway, was surprised it took the file.

DeCrew 433.sav

Edited by JRup
File uploaded. Surprised!
  • Thanks 1