Music that goes best with your DST gaming experience?

I've been listening to a lot of Dungeon Synth and Dungeon Rap albums while playing DST. They have a dark, scary, creepy vibe that compliments the style of DST. There are rarely any lyrics in these genres to distract me, if there are any vocals at all, it's usually some type of incoherent chanting. 

What type of Music do you like listening to when playing DST? Please don't tell me you listen to the in-game Music and make me cry. 

I came across this Dungeon Synth album and it made me think of DST/Crab King. That's probably why I'm asking what type of music people like to listen to while playing DST...

Turtle King.png

1 minute ago, gamehun20 said:

why not?

Because the possibilities are endless and I imagine listening to the in-game music only would be limiting the potential. That's the best answer I could come up with. 
In reality, there's nothing wrong with listening to the in-game music only, or no music at all. I'm not tryin' to hate on silence. 

4 minutes ago, goodguythatguy said:

What type of Music do you like listening to when playing DST.

I like to listen to the Don't Starve Together soundtrack! :lol:

Jokes aside, I think music and ambience sounds are so good that I don't have reasons to turn them off or listen another thing while playing (well... sometimes I do that). I also use the Dusk and Night Mod, very recommended. 

Although I only listen to the soundtrack of the game itself when I play the game, thank you for introducing to the genre of Dungeon Synth, I like the atmosphere! My playlist will definitely have more and more of this kind of music

I like to listen to the rainbow road ost (mario kart double dash) and Zelda ost while playing seems fitting for example hyrule field (twilight princess) ost, hyrule warriors ost both silent guardians and eclipse of the sun 

5 hours ago, ALCRD said:
  Hide contents

Based on that guess as what character/characters i like to play

Stardew Valley OST - Spring (The Valley Comes Alive) has no Lyrics. How would this song help me take a guess at which characters you like to play by? 

Tunics Ost is always nice to have in the background

Spoiler

I loved playing Brandish. this particular ost played when Dungeon crawling so im really attached to it

Spoiler

these were in the no copyright section of youtube. I found it weird how nice they were. Nice background music for casual building

Spoiler

Classical music. More good casual ost

Spoiler

i have way more but I think that nets you an idea

8 hours ago, goodguythatguy said:

Stardew Valley OST - Spring (The Valley Comes Alive) has no Lyrics. How would this song help me take a guess at which characters you like to play by? 

Only people who played  Stardew Valley game will get it.. 

People who never played or even know what kind of game it is.. won't 

My house is set up like a theater (meaning I have 5 TVs mounted on one wall in my living room) My Dad & Sister are normally playing Fortnite on two of them, I’m doing whatever on mine and the other two are for weather channel- as you can probably tell by the description above- theres a lot of noise coming out of that one area.

That said & Rather Hilariously I hear that Fortnite song “Vital” playing a lot & think amongst my group of Xbox live friends there has never been a more appropriate song for me.

”I’m Vital, I’m your Idol, you need me for survival.”

Fighting deadly Brightshades for my friends to help get them some good gear has brought me much joy into this game. Even just a Brightshade Hammer deals 42 base damage so it’s completely replaced the Spears I normally would craft for them regularly.

Plus it mines stuff & Hammers stuff.

”Vital” is a absolutely perfect song.

2 minutes ago, goodguythatguy said:

Damn, 5 TV's all mounted on one living room wall. All the same size? 65" inch screens?

No, I’m not rich.. these are those super cheap Walmart flatscreen TVs. But they work.. anyway vital is a great song for DST, I literally “feel” that especially when playing as Wendy, I can’t not stress enough how many times your newbie friends who just bought the game will die, (it’s quite often actually..) so being able to supply them with top hats, tents & healing glands/salves, also the amount of Tell Tale hearts you’ll need to revive them with- Vital is exactly what I feel when playing Wendy with my noobie friends.

17 hours ago, Francis2000 said:

Although I only listen to the soundtrack of the game itself when I play the game, thank you for introducing to the genre of Dungeon Synth, I like the atmosphere! My playlist will definitely have more and more of this kind of music

So many new albums are being produced from that genre on a regular basis, it's hard to keep up. There's never ending new content to listen to. 

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

No, I’m not rich.. these are those super cheap Walmart flatscreen TVs. But they work.. 

You were rich before you bought 5 TV's. Now you're just TV rich. 
I'm sorry to hear your friends are n00bs. RIP :(
 It's not easy being vital. 

I disabled music like, back when DST was in beta, or sometime before that in DS. Haven't really turned it on much since!

Rarely I'd put it on for a few in-game days to listen to the 'new' music but I stopped doing that after the Waterlogged Biome incident. 

I'm simply a silence enjoyer, I love listening to the games various Foley sound effects and intense gorgeous sound design! 

Archived