Jump to content

Void Cloth Concerns


Recommended Posts

My good buddy ol' pal of mine@Paxtonnnn and I were both discussing the teaser for the next shadow-rift update when we came to realize something a bit disconcerting.

(spoilers just in-case you've opened this thread by accident or something)

Spoiler

hat_voidcloth2.png

While the helmet's design is certainly very interesting (shadow cultist?) taking a gander at the image's filename reveals it's presumably made out of a new material called "void cloth." Given previous thread concerning Klei's habit of introducing and then subsequently forgetting new materials, it makes me worry for the future of things like Dreadstone and Pure Horror. It'd be a huge disappointment if we were already moving on from these, especially given that Wilson has that whole transmutation quest thing with them.

I'm just hoping we see some more uses (and sources) for these materials outside of their charmingly dinky armour.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd hope it's not a new material, especially since well..

We already do kinda have "void cloth" already thematically! I'm referring to the dark tatters from Hamlet, used to weave a cloak item. Wouldn't mind a come back of these if they really wanted a new ingredient. (Already found them more interesting as an item then pure horror which is just "Nightmare fuel but stronger" but anywho).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I'd hope it's not a new material, especially since well..

We already do kinda have "void cloth" already thematically! I'm referring to the dark tatters from Hamlet, used to weave a cloak item. Wouldn't mind a come back of these if they really wanted a new ingredient. (Already found them more interesting as an item then pure horror which is just "Nightmare fuel but stronger" but anywho).

The Hood's design does match that of the Ancient Herald a lot. Perhaps as a source of the fourth (which I don't hope, three are already enough) material they will add Nightmare Creatures that wouldn't look out-of-place with the Ancient Herald?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bloopah said:

The Hood's design does match that of the Ancient Herald a lot. Perhaps as a source of the fourth (which I don't hope, three are already enough) material they will add Nightmare Creatures that wouldn't look out-of-place with the Ancient Herald?

If they're gonna be adding new Nightmare Creatures, I really hope they drop Pure Horror

3 hours ago, Hornete said:

We already do kinda have "void cloth" already thematically! I'm referring to the dark tatters from Hamlet, used to weave a cloak item. Wouldn't mind a come back of these if they really wanted a new ingredient.

I feel like if they are gonna be making a new ingredient, it might be best if it's made out of Pure Horror or something. At least then that stuff is still used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can see the nightmare rift using 3 resource types instead of the lunar's two, void cloth does not exactly sound like a good tool/weapon material after all, and pure horror will probably be used in everything, so dreadstone still has a niche.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Hornete said:

I'd hope it's not a new material, especially since well..

We already do kinda have "void cloth" already thematically! I'm referring to the dark tatters from Hamlet, used to weave a cloak item. Wouldn't mind a come back of these if they really wanted a new ingredient. (Already found them more interesting as an item then pure horror which is just "Nightmare fuel but stronger" but anywho).

Void Cloth could be a cape wearing by Ancient Herald, but the void itself refers to the dark tatters and that red hood looks like would be craftable from these two materials.

It has been said that lunar stuffs will be more powerful after uprading them so maybe there will be added a something like Lunar Werepig. There would be a symmetry: one boss available from beggining and rifts that appears after AF/CC and each side would have 3-4 materials.

5 hours ago, Spep said:

void cloth does not exactly sound like a good tool/weapon material after all

Maybe dreadstone will be used in combat (armor, sword, wand) and void cloth will be a "support". This red hood could be a backpack for example

BTW, don't you think that dreadstone look similar to obsidian.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...