Lunar/Horror Deerclops Idea

Horror hounds and horror pengulls are made when the respective mobs are killed on the lunar island. This feature has had no expansion since implementation so what to do with it? Make a boss that works with this. Deerclops will always spawn to the player during winter so this is the best option. When you kill deerclops on the lunar island he will resurrect and become a lunar version with more hp and a new attack maybe some moon blast from the eye. When you kill the deerclops its eye will glass over entirely and drop a glass eye. There is already a glass Eyebrella so it would look like that. You could use this in the archives, pseudoscience station, or brightforge to make an improved houndius shootius with moonrocks and thulecite. It could look like the ancient stonework floor from the archives for the body. I think an interesting feature would be to have the shootius attack nightmare creatures and/or do more damage to enemies. I don’t know what it would be called but you guys are creative enough to come up with a name. I hope you would consider this for an update or something!

58 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is what Deerclops looks like when it’s spawned on Lunar Island by the way..

B0A539D8-63A8-4206-B1E5-822D1E435FBC.gif.5f4cb7df4f111c413f041157104b46f3.gif

I never knew about that. Thanks for sharing! But still... The resurrecting after dieing and having new attacks and drops would be awesome!

1 hour ago, Squidyfoo said:

I never knew about that. Thanks for sharing! But still... The resurrecting after dieing and having new attacks and drops would be awesome!

It's a winter's feast deerclops, not a lunar one. Though I didn't notice when Klei fixed deerclops not spawning on a moon...

24 minutes ago, Duck986 said:

It's a winter's feast deerclops, not a lunar one. Though I didn't notice when Klei fixed deerclops not spawning on a moon...

I reckon it is one of those rare occurrences that the Lunar island is connected to the mainland. Certainly, Mike23Ua's answer is misleading but it is technically the truth: it depicts what if you bring a Deerclop (winter's feast Deerclop) to Lunar island for a fight.

2 hours ago, Squidyfoo said:

Thanks for sharing!

To clarify, there's nothing unique about Deerclops on Lunar island. No unique visuals or abilities, it's just the default.
The one in the screenshot is just the Winters Feast Deerclops under the screen filter. 

56 minutes ago, -Variant said:

To clarify, there's nothing unique about Deerclops on Lunar island. No unique visuals or abilities, it's just the default.
The one in the screenshot is just the Winters Feast Deerclops under the screen filter. 

Thank you so much for the clarification! There is still so much about this game I don't know... 

Archived