[Beta Update] - 549071

• Developer

Changes:

• The Tar Lamp can now float (SW, HAM).
  • The action key can now be used to collect alloy from smelters (HAM).

Bug Fixes:

• Introduced during the beta:
    • Fixed Adventure Mode not showing the current level title (ALL).
    • Fixed some structures and mobs not spawning around the world in Adventure Mode (ALL).
    • Fixed not being able to ignite some things, like Slurtle Mounds (ALL).
    • Fixed plants needing more fertilizer than they should (RoG, SW, HAM).
    • Fixed Brain of Thought not having its durability consumed when crafting structures (SW, HAM).
    • Fixed Campfires and Fire Pits spawning charcoal at the world’s origin when running out of fuel inside unloaded interiors (HAM).

• Fixed night ambient light not getting fully dark again after lightning strikes during the night (ALL).
  • Fixed ruins world generation rarely missing Ancient Guardian (ALL).
  • Fixed Depth Worm burrowing sound not looping smoothly (ALL).
  • Fixed Telelocator Focus placer orientation (ALL).
  • Fixed Shadow Creatures not disappearing when switching worlds (ALL).
  • Fixed Spiders continuously taunting when near their den (Base).
  • Fixed Wilbur losing his hands when running up and wearing a hat (SW, HAM).
  • Fixed Dogfish visually disappearing from Drying Racks after save-load (SW, HAM).
  • Fixed the Tar Lamp not being able to be picked up while on and having the "Turn on" prompt when it's on, sometimes (SW, HAM).
  • Fixed Flotsam not respawning (SW, HAM).
  • Fixed the position of the Krampus Sack slots when using the integrated backpack layout and playing as Wheeler (HAM).
  • Fixed minor issues with Wheeler's hair in some animations (HAM).
  • Fixed being able to collect alloy from smelters before it's ready (HAM).
  • Fixed the "The Blue Sow" and "The Jeweled Truffle" statues spawning on the wrong side of the room (HAM).
  • Fixed Elder Mandrakes making Bunnyman sounds (HAM).
  • Fixed Telelocator Focus being able to be placed too close to interior walls (HAM).
  • Fixed Vortex Cloak Fx getting in the way when trying to click things (HAM).
  • Fixed Suspicious Stones not appearing visually disarmed after save-load (HAM).
  • Fixed Pogs not being able to get items out of Crock Pots (HAM).

View full update

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5
  • Health 1

More interior decorations for hamlet would be nice. Theres some great walls, floors, and furnature that some pig shops have. Would be amazing decor additions. 

979353987_Capture_2023-03-08-16-00-42.png.2c885d9ed719425f8b936dc012cd905a.png2109649915_Capture_2023-03-08-16-04-28.png.6803207c87f39677fdfaf545069317ed.png

Edited by -Nick-
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 2

1 hour ago, -Nick- said:

More interior decorations for hamlet would be nice. Theres some great walls, floors, and furnature that some pig shops have. Would be amazing decor additions.

I've always really really REALLY wanted the Tinkerer's Tower's floor and walls for slanty shanties, they're so so nice...

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

44 minutes ago, wiiliam said:

Please tell me, the bug of enter cave in one season and come out in other season are tackling, this is the third time I make a comment about that after every update in beta this year.

It likely isn't an easy fix, though I do hope it can be addressed eventually.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

3 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

I have heard of this bug, but never encountered it, it's possible it is related to some hardware. 

I do hope it gets fixed though.

8 hours ago, -Nick- said:

979353987_Capture_2023-03-08-16-00-42.png.2c885d9ed719425f8b936dc012cd905a.png2109649915_Capture_2023-03-08-16-04-28.png.6803207c87f39677fdfaf545069317ed.png

This may not be an ideal answer, but there's a mod called Decor Galore that adds 101 new interior decorations to the game (including wallpapers and flooring)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maxposting said:

I have heard of this bug, but never encountered it, it's possible it is related to some hardware. 

I do hope it gets fixed though.

I don’t know it is related to hardware or not, but I encounter many times in NS and PC. Specially, when I get into cave 2, when the character fall down, it will stuck, and you can’t moves. If you use alt +F4, when you enter cave 2 again, the days will become the day you last time leave cave 2. Such as last time you leave cave 2 in days 23, and this time you are stuck in day 30 and farce to quit. Then you get in the game, you will in cave 2 in days 23.

8 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Not just this problem, the volcano in SW has the same problem as the cave in RoG. 

Further, when you build a hamlet house or hamlet shop , you get in the house or shop when the explosion of volcano happen, then the  explosions of volcano will not happen in next dry season. The hurricane season has the same problem.

These two problems exist very long time, and I report many time, it still not be fixed. And I don’t see anything about these problems in update or QoL this year. I pessimistically think these problem will not be fixed.

10 hours ago, mathem99 said:

This may not be an ideal answer, but there's a mod called Decor Galore that adds 101 new interior decorations to the game (including wallpapers and flooring)

Wow that sounds greate. I sure do believe the individual who made the furnace sprites for that mod is a greate artist and is super talented.

Crafting 4 turfs at a time like in dst would be greate

Edited by Mert_TR
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, wiiliam said:

I don’t know it is related to hardware or not, but I encounter many times in NS and PC. Specially, when I get into cave 2, when the character fall down, it will stuck, and you can’t moves. If you use alt +F4, when you enter cave 2 again, the days will become the day you last time leave cave 2. Such as last time you leave cave 2 in days 23, and this time you are stuck in day 30 and farce to quit. Then you get in the game, you will in cave 2 in days 23.

Not just this problem, the volcano in SW has the same problem as the cave in RoG. 

Further, when you build a hamlet house or hamlet shop , you get in the house or shop when the explosion of volcano happen, then the  explosions of volcano will not happen in next dry season. The hurricane season has the same problem.

These two problems exist very long time, and I report many time, it still not be fixed. And I don’t see anything about these problems in update or QoL this year. I pessimistically think these problem will not be fixed.

Again, it's likely not an easy fix. I haven't had any of these issues myself and I've used interiors with SW+RoG for well over 1000 days now in a single world and hop through the sub layers all the time.  

If it is difficult to reproduce then it's a lot harder to fix.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

19 hours ago, wiiliam said:

Please tell me, the bug of enter cave in one season and come out in other season are tackling, this is the third time I make a comment about that after every update in beta this year.

Is that actually a bug? I mean we did spend times underground so some time passes on surface seems reasonable.

This update appears to have introduced a lighting level bug. Sometimes the ruins and/or hamlet buildings are fully lit. Sometimes it is completely dark during the daytime. This usually occurs when exiting the ruins or hamlet buildings or when world hopping. This is a frequently bit inconsistent bug. 

Another bug occurred when I teleported to the aporkaylpse clock. On the way out of the ruins I could not get passed a door that locked (apparently from the room on the other side of the door). There was no way to unlock the door and I had to c_warp to get passed it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Again, it's likely not an easy fix. I haven't had any of these issues myself and I've used interiors with SW+RoG for well over 1000 days now in a single world and hop through the sub layers all the time.  

If it is difficult to reproduce then it's a lot harder to fix.

I can say that the bug triggers many time in NS, especially when the character get in cave 2 and the game crash. Then if you play the game a gain, you will stay in cave 2, once you go in the surface island, the season probably change. Though PC happen less times.

And the point is in Klei official twitter, they admit that it’s a long time bug. 

I know this bug may hard to fix, but I just need some hope from some update about that. I admit that after two or three years, they come back to update don’t starve single player, I appreciate that.

12 hours ago, Last_epilogue said:

Is that actually a bug? I mean we did spend times underground so some time passes on surface seems reasonable.

No, it’s not what I mean.
For example, if you enter cave 2 in day 2 autumn, then I spend 3 days in cave 2. The surface should still in autumn 5. But no, it may change to winter 5, sometimes it change to summer 5, that is not reasonable.