wilson rework beta today?

1 hour ago, nimzowitsch10 said:

ah that sucks.. been 3 months since a update not counting that bunnyman minigame update :(

I think this is the normal “content drought” period from previous years, and I’m lucky this time that they didn’t leave a bug in the game that froze up and powered off my console until they returned back to fix it several months later. I’ll never forget that.. But just hang in there guys we will get the new roadmap soon enough.

Mr JoeW says the new roadmap will “spoil” the upcoming update, which has me really wanting back the forums Confusion Emote-

I mean like what??? Is Wilson’s refresh going to be so big & juicy and lore filled that it directly links to the games next story Arch?

(that would be very fitting actually seeing as he is the mascot of the DS brand & we are approaching the 10th Anniversary of DS soon!) 

My single best guess is that Wilson’s time upon the nightmare throne at the end of DS actually WILL impact his persona in DST when he gets his rework, We may even get to see from Wilson’s perspective of what he saw & what he created (biomes & mobs) during his time on the throne.

How else could a character rework tie into what’s coming next for the game??

If it was just some silly new science-y beaker gimmick type stuff, they could Omit from including that information in the new roadmap right?

But the way JoeW worded it the other day has me (& reasonably so..) thinking that there’s more to it than just a simple rework, perhaps.. Wilson’s refresh will actually Kick-Start the next big story Arch chain for the game.

Other than that IDK and your guess is as good as mine.

17 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think this is the normal “content drought” period from previous years, and I’m lucky this time that they didn’t leave a bug in the game that froze up and powered off my console until they returned back to fix it several months later. I’ll never forget that.. But just hang in there guys we will get the new roadmap soon enough.

Mr JoeW says the new roadmap will “spoil” the upcoming update, which has me really wanting back the forums Confusion Emote-

I mean like what??? Is Wilson’s refresh going to be so big & juicy and lore filled that it directly links to the games next story Arch?

(that would be very fitting actually seeing as he is the mascot of the DS brand & we are approaching the 10th Anniversary of DS soon!) 

My single best guess is that Wilson’s time upon the nightmare throne at the end of DS actually WILL impact his persona in DST when he gets his rework, We may even get to see from Wilson’s perspective of what he saw & what he created (biomes & mobs) during his time on the throne.

How else could a character rework tie into what’s coming next for the game??

If it was just some silly new science-y beaker gimmick type stuff, they could Omit from including that information in the new roadmap right?

But the way JoeW worded it the other day has me (& reasonably so..) thinking that there’s more to it than just a simple rework, perhaps.. Wilson’s refresh will actually Kick-Start the next big story Arch chain for the game.

Other than that IDK and your guess is as good as mine.

I’m thinking along the same lines, JoeW’s comment definitely implies the next update is going to be bigger than just a Wilson rework, possibly the next big content update. Perhaps tying in the portal at moon quay island to something bigger than just loot spawner.

It's very obvious they're going to bundle wilson's update with something big, as a grand finale maybe. That's going to take time.

Also, the loop of disappointment only starts if you disregard the game in its present form. Try not to constantly look forward to updates too much.

We are still missing one content update, in the previous roadmap it said: "3 setting the stage updates". So, first was the Moon Quay, the second was A Little Drama, so we are still missing one. I think they are going to give us Wilson Refresh + the last content update from roadmap. And this is why it's taking so long. I might be wrong however, maybe they changed plans with these updates.

2 hours ago, MidasHow said:

We are still missing one content update, in the previous roadmap it said: "3 setting the stage updates". So, first was the Moon Quay, the second was A Little Drama, so we are still missing one. I think they are going to give us Wilson Refresh + the last content update from roadmap. And this is why it's taking so long. I might be wrong however, maybe they changed plans with these updates.

There was a post somewhere back where they stated those plans had changed and all that was left on the Roadmap was the Wilson rework. But you never can really tell what Klei’s plans are.

Archived