Klei won’t do this and it makes me sad

Let’s imagine for a moment, a what if scenario that played through my head.

What if; 

Maxwell in “Encore” isn’t teaming up with Charlie for the reasons we’re led to believe

What if he’s teaming up with her, perhaps to dethrone her if we wanna go the evil selfish route *or* to try to save Charlie from the evil shadow queen half of her persona.

perhaps he learns of a spell from the archives that details a way of banishing a shadow monster and he tries this spell on Charlie, but instead of banishing the shadow from her it actually just separates the nice charlie persona from the evil shadow  queen persona.

Maxwell does not succeed in dethroning the shadow queen of the constant but he does (even if by accident) save charlie from her grasp, which could then in turn unlock charlie as a playable character.

perhaps this could be a sort of “ending” to the game, a reward for completing all of the endgame stuff or something? Or just a new character update with a nice lore dump on top. There’s a lot of ways this could be done and I’m sure someone smarter than me can work out the details to make this idea even better and/or fit within the story a lot more nicely.

as for charlie I have no idea what kind of perks she should have, I just think it would be a really cool update.

personally I wouldn't want this to happen for a long time yet, because it could possibly mean the end (or lead up to the end) of Don't Starve Together. I'd like to not rush things, and just enjoy the game as it evolves!

I could see how it would be very neat, though!

I do hope we rescue Charlie. Personally I just want to know how much of Charlie that we see is Charlie and how much is influenced by the shadows.

If they ever do make Charlie a playable character she better have better character synergy with Maxwell than Maxwell does with  ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶k̶s̶h̶e̶l̶f̶ Wickerbottom or imma be sad

I like this approach. It doesn't really make sense that he would immediately choose the nightmare side again without a second thought as there are multiple points in the story where he is implied to be getting better as a person. Maxwell joining charlie would make more sense if he has alternative motives.

I'm not sure about making Charlie a playable character though

I highly doubt he's actually joining in with Charlie. What we'll probably see is a cheesy 'liar revealed' scene were he "betrays" the survivors, only to play Charlie like a fiddle and free her as a part of his 4D chess move, dying or becoming stuck in the process.

I wouldn't want Charlie playable unless DST is ending and we're getting a Don't Starve Threeie or something. Even then there's already mods out there to make her playable if you want. Pretty good ones, at that, even if I don't like the choice of a harp for her voice.

Maxwell had  change of heart and  a character development. 

I have no idea, how can anyone still think Maxwell is gonna betray survivors and be a nightmare king again, after everything hes been trough.

As for sacrificing his own life for greater good... Nah, but if it helps to free Charlie? Yeah, I think Maxwell will do anything to save Charlie

Archived