Help me understand tile water pressure here, please

On image with the water geyser, I marked tiles that were breaking from over pressure - and you can see 2 more suffering from it inside the box - despite being doubled. The air pressure in these pockets is tiny - you can't even see the tint, it's grams and there is not a lot of water there at all.

On the second picture, there's a big fat pool of polluted water held up by a single tile row for many cycles and no problem there. Can someone please tell how this works, because I can't make sense of it? Thank you.

pressure1.JPG

til2.JPG

Im not sure about the mechanics at play, but Ive noticed that single tiles of gas cause pressure damage if they cant move. Im guessing pockets of multiple gases lets the gases move within the group to avoid causing damage.

My way to avoid this has been to never store water in a container that has multiple horizontal tiles. I usually put two tiles under geysers for example, to give the gas an angle to escape at. I think you can also put air tiles below the horizontal row to allow multiple tiles of gas.

The mechanic of the game is, there can either be gas OR liquid in one tile. NEVER both. So, if your liquid occupies every tile and cant go anywhere, but then gas comes along and occupies a tile formerly used by liquid > overpressure liquid somewhere. 

So either make sure, there is never too much liquid in your system, OR make a perfekt vaccuum.

6 hours ago, MinhPham said:

Switch to gas layer and see if some random CO2 blocking water from going up ...

I second that. Something seems to put the water under high pressure, probably gas blockage. You can also see this to some degree in the water pressure in the tiles. 

Archived