Can anyone tell me why there are pigs with spear in the animated short?

The pig with a spear appeared in both KLEI's two animated short, but I have never seen this image in the game.

In my opinion, the relationship between pigs and survivors is neutral or friendly, while the relationship with Merms are very bad. ,there are Merm heads in their villages.

In the short film updated by WX-78, they seem to have destroyed the base of players, while in another short, pigs even become black chess pieces hostile to survivors, standing in the same camp with Merms.

200911721_2.png.0b6986c44b01edc9e6408976c0fb669e.png  761655678_1.thumb.png.17e65b6407bc9dffdf13c1908e5f1065.png

There's a form of freedom in the DST shorts that deliberately doesn't give away the actual action of the game. It has been the case for as long they've existed and for understandable, innocent reasons that make them funnier / better (usually) but I do recognize that it's getting only more frequent and might be exaggerated in some cases :

Or in the RWYS short with the scarecrow presumably having some kind of use in farms, sure wouldn't have been bad if birds weren't stealing seeds around ? Or that music box...
I can't say if it's a good or bad thing, maybe more of a gray area but I feel like there's some missed opportunities to enhance an update content from some animators ideas when time allows it & showcasing more what's the game's like since it has a lot of fun scenarios and gimmicks to exploit by itself more than a Wilson going for Fuelweaver shirtless :distracted:

And of course some freedom is warmly welcome but come on the boomerang of the game isn't even remotely close to what the trailer made it look like.

i think the reason of why they are hostile in the short it's because of Wurt, she appears briefly when Wx wakes up 

also the pigs where using battle spears so maybe this is all Wigfrid's fault for teaching them how to use weapons.

(maybe she befriended them and took them to the base, then they saw Wurt and then chaos ensues)

Archived