unpopular opinion. Maxwell × Wickerb.

unpopular because y'all are MaxWil freaks.

Maxwell × Wickerbottom is perfect. no atrocious age gap, they're both into magic, it could help Maxwell's attitude to be with a loving woman such as Wickerb.

they are a perfect couple and no amount of weird 30+ age gap MaxWil garbage can change my frickin mind.:wilson_unhappy:

• Like 1
  • Wavey 3

4 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

The "shipping" "community" in its wilds' wild going at it again..

These kind of weird threads always pop up every single year around the content drought after the holidays & everyone anticipating the next Roadmap.
From what I recall.. these types of threads were forbidden on the forums & use to get insta-locked. I don’t know if that’s still the case or not. 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

These kind of weird threads always pop up every single year around the content drought after the holidays & everyone anticipating the next Roadmap.
From what I recall.. these types of threads were forbidden on the forums & use to get insta-locked. I don’t know if that’s still the case or not. 

MIA forum mods on account of prolonged holidays *booze intake: pedal-to-the-metal level*

• Haha 1

dont care about ops shipping thoughts but i do care about lore inaccuracies and? (wilsons canon age is early 30s) maxwell is not over 60 years old. like look at him in the william carter puzzles (first 2 pics specifically) which take less then 5 years in universe time before he gets constanted. that is not a man anywhere close to 60.

he does start to look old as balls further in the arg but i do think thats just the shadow magic being sooo bad for your skincare <3. because literally only like 4 years have passed and hes wrinkled so much.  Time in the actual constant is wacky so i dont think we can actually pinpoint how much he should have aged there but?

Edited by catboybread
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, catboybread said:

dont care about ops shipping thoughts but i do care about lore inaccuracies and? (wilsons canon age is early 30s) maxwell is not over 60 years old. like look at him in the william carter puzzles (first 2 pics specifically) which take less then 5 years in universe time before he gets constanted. that is not a man anywhere close to 60.

I always assume he's physically in his late 40s at most.

14 hours ago, CatDrKahl said:

unpopular because y'all are MaxWil freaks.

Maxwell × Wickerbottom is perfect. no atrocious age gap, they're both into magic, it could help Maxwell's attitude to be with a loving woman such as Wickerb.

they are a perfect couple and no amount of weird 30+ age gap MaxWil garbage can change my frickin mind.:wilson_unhappy:

Just think about the fact that for Maxwell he will have lived more than 100 years at least... So no, also imagine that for wickerbottom he is the one who sent Willow to burn his library and who sent her to The Constant, the same It's funny to imagine the shipp xd

5 hours ago, Wonky656 said:

Just think about the fact that for Maxwell he will have lived more than 100 years at least... So no, also imagine that for wickerbottom he is the one who sent Willow to burn his library and who sent her to The Constant, the same It's funny to imagine the shipp xd

Walani × Warly tho?

"He's actually quite a sweet boy when you peel away the ego" - Wickerbottom, examining a Maxwell statue
I think it's pretty much canon that Wicker at least likes him. Also a lot of the book examinations show respect for her from his side as well.

This thread concept seems... fine. The only thing making it weird is the several posts stating the same thing about how its weird. It's... not weird. Its just as fine to think these thoughts as it is to wonder if X or Y characters hate eachother. Its normal to think about interactions between characters in media you like that tries to have... characters.

I think if there were ever a proper romantic pairing to be formed in DST, Maxwell x Wickerbottom is probably one with the most fertile soil for it. Wickerbottom's quotes for him describe seeing the good in him, about how he's changed and he's sweet if you get to know him. Thats pretty good! I don't quite care to see it though. They're kinda gross old peeps.

39 minutes ago, LiamAshvinn001 said:

Any romantic shipping in Dont Starve's always going to be weird for me, since I always felt the survivors deep down kinda hated each other, though that does seem to be less of a thing in DST

As much of a funny thought as it would be to think that all 20-something survivors just vehemently despise eachother, through nearly all of DST's history, and therefore for as long as these characters have known each other have exists this has been shown not to be the case, at least for most of them.

On 1/30/2023 at 11:06 PM, Just-guy said:

Look, I understand and can see what the first part it's coming from, not the other one though, but the forums aren't really the place to discuss non-canonical fandom stuff.

uhhh... I'm not sure if I've read correctly, but, this forum isn't strictly related to gameplay. It's general, innit? I think discussions of this caliber have a place here.

Edited by Primalflower
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Primalflower said:

uhhh... I'm not sure if I've read correctly, but, this forum isn't strictly related to gameplay. It's general, innit? I think discussions of this caliber have a place here.

I guess so but fan stories/shipping are quite a niche thing on communities as a whole, more than lore or theories, and I think the Fanart subforum is more fitting for these kind of topics.

I myself do it but don't talk about it here and mostly do it on other social media like Tumblr.

Edited by Just-guy
  • Big Ups 2